Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Monsters of Vampire Counts could use a buff

GrandChamp89GrandChamp89 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,557
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Hi forum

Remember the time when vampires had infinite healing, there was no healing cap, Fate of Bjuna was OP and only 4-5 races existed in the game?

Yeah, I don't want to go back to that either. lol

That being said the monsters of Vampire counts are REALLY lackluster.

Argument 1 - Leadership.
They have extremely low leadership meaning they'll take damage just from existing on the map (basicly negating the regeneration -some- of them got. We are talking leadership on par with Trolls here! Trolls! The ones who route at the sight of an enemy.

Crypt Horrors got 44 leadership! That is troll territory! Terrorgheist sport 40 leadership lmfaoo

Argument 2 - Survivability
No only do they crumple at the sight of the enemy (doing harm to themselves) they don't have physical resistance like Norscan monsters nor armor. On top of that their melee defence is none existing.

Crypt Horrors got 15 armor lol
A pityful 25 melee defence
they crumple with low leadership negating their "regeneration"
and they got no physical resistance or missile resistance traits.

This is even worst with Vargheist sporting the pitiful 10 armor, 24 melee defence and no regeneration.
Ever tried using them? They charge and they die lol. they're so flimsy.

Just for reference armored skin wolves got:

-55 more armor than Crypt horrors
-16 more leadership
-Regeneration (that isn't affected by constant crumpling)
-3 more melee defence
-and 20% Physical resistance on top of that!

And this faction also got freaking mamoths, missile units and Femir warriors!

Even regular trolls got more survivability than vampire count monsters and they do more damage which leads me to my next argument:

Argument 3 - Damage potential

Vampire Counts fight with wet noodles.

Their "elite infantry" sport a melee attack of 26 (lol) most elite melee infantry is at 34-40 range.
I get it, they're meant to hold so that your monsters and magic can deal with the enemy - which is the problem.

Their monsters severely lack damage potential and their magic have been consistently nerfed since game 1.

Other factions got acces to BRUTAL magic like lore of fire (burning head, flame storm etc) racking in 300+ kills in aswell
And they got access to artillery .... and missile units.
And their monsters perform better in combat...

Again, for reference:

Regular trolls got same melee attack and got the same entity as crypt horrors
But
They do 30 more armor piercing damage pr. entity than crypt horrors! 30!

70 for crypt horrors, 100 for trolls!

Lets look at single entity damage:

Varghulf got the most pathetic DPS

1 entity doing flat 290 damage

Lets compare single entity monsters:

Giant: 600! (Norsca, Greenskins)
Mammoth: 575 with a bonus vs infantry (Norsca)
Dragon Ogre 460 with a bonus vs large (Chaos)
Feral Carnasaur 465 with bonus vs large (Lizardmen)
Rotting Leviathan (vampire coast) 400 damage bonus vs infantry

But it regenerate..
Yeah, so does the War Hydra (Dark Elves) and it does 440 damage and can shoot fire!
Hellpit abominations also heal and they sport 520 damage with a bonus vs large

But you can heal with...
Yeah, so can a Slann mage of life or Empire mage of life on steam tanks or Damsel on Royal Hippogryphs

When it comes to Dragons the Terrorgheist just doesn't hold a candle to Star Dragons and the other top tier dragon. Their 26 melee attack with quite weak. Also he Vampire Coast version of terrorgheist is just superior...

In closing:
I'm not calling for a rollback of the Warhammer 1 days with death stars, infinite healing and overpowered magic.
Please don't make that argument because it would be untrue.

The Vampire Counts have been nerfed, nerfed and nerfed again.

But since they lack missiles and artillery and other factions also got acces to BRUTAL magic..
Can we atleast make their monstrous units somewhat on par with the others?

My suggestion would be:
-Leadership for crypt horrors
-Armor for Vargheist
-Damage for Vargulf

I want to thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions, let me know if you agree.. Maybe we could give the monsters of Vampire counts a little boost...
"It's the hottest fire that forge the strongest steel"

Comments

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608
    You’ve certainly got a point
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,393

Hi forum

Remember the time when vampires had infinite healing, there was no healing cap, Fate of Bjuna was OP and only 4-5 races existed in the game?

Yeah, I don't want to go back to that either. lol

Aside from that last bit, I DO! I DO WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT! PLEASE LET ME GO BACK! GIVE THE FINGER TO THE PVPers!

My suggestion would be:
    -Leadership for crypt horrors
    -Armor for Vargheist
    -Damage for Vargulf

I want to thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions, let me know if you agree.. Maybe we could give the monsters of Vampire counts a little boost...
    Cries in Carin Wraith.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,982
    edited December 2019
    Crypt Horrors is really bad right now. Varghulf is pretty meh honestly and both the wraiths units (my favourites) are pretty bad.

I haven't tried the Black Coach since it was buffed with S&B but the last time I tried it was a really bad unit too.

Though I disagree about Vargheist, they are really strong and can deal a ton of damage.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,869
    edited December 2019
    Vampire Counts units are supposed to be bad, while their magic/army-wide fear/unbreakable and lords/heroes carry the team. That low leadership and crappy weapon skill is right from the tabletop army book source material.

I don't think it's a good idea to just buff all their units to be as strong as living units, that doesn't preserve their faction flavour. I say that as someone who mostly plays Vampire Counts.

The nerfs to their magic really exposed their bad units though.

Suggestions:

Invocation of Nehek buffed on infantry units, especially Zombies. This would reflect the source material.
    Crypt Horrors -100 cost.
    Cairn Wraiths increase to 90% physical resistance. Lower HP a little bit. Give them a niche.

I think Vargheists/Vargulfs/Terrorgeists perform alright for their cost.

I don't think the OP realizes that Vargulfs swing twice as fast as a giant.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,676
    more variants of crypt ghouls & crypt horrors if possible may be useful for v counts
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,308
    I don't think Vampire Counts units need a buff, their weaknesses are supposed to be compensated by strong backup magic.
    But the overcast invocation of Nehek really need a buff because it's quite weak right now. Putting the healing limits to only 4 units make this spell pretty useless, we can't even choose the units to heal, what the point of that :lol:
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,482
    all of this are learn to play issues.

Varghul is freaking amazing.
    Vargheist are super strong Antilarge tool.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,482
    Wargol5 said:

I don't think Vampire Counts units need a buff, their weaknesses are supposed to be compensated by strong backup magic.
    But the overcast invocation of Nehek really need a buff because it's quite weak right now. Putting the healing limits to only 4 units make this spell pretty useless, we can't even choose the units to heal, what the point of that :lol:

no it's balanced to prevent OP healing blobs.
    edited December 2019
    Wargol5 said:

You can choose a single unit when overcasting invocations of nehak.

Click that unit as center when overcasting.
  • GrandChamp89GrandChamp89 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,557

all of this are learn to play issues.

Varghul is freaking amazing.
    Vargheist are super strong Antilarge tool.

lolol Really? Beating Legendary 5 times, twice with Vamps with no mods and doing a **** ton of MP? I would think I knew "how to play".

The "Get good" argument is such a weak argument and doesn't counter a single one of mine.

In the spirit of a positive New Year I won't be fiesty the other way and just wish you a happy new year.
    "It's the hottest fire that forge the strongest steel"
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 967
    MPers destroyed Vampire Counts with their constant "balance this, balance that" BS.
    Yes, i know Gorilla, you dont like the mpers to be the treated like that, noted, now go away.
    sieah said:

MPers destroyed Vampire Counts with their constant "balance this, balance that" BS.
    Yes, i know Gorilla, you dont like the mpers to be the treated like that, noted, now go away.

then how do you expect any thing in game balanced.

does the balanced need adjusted yes.
    does balance need to happen again yes

Does a Nehek spell require a nerf? No.
    Does a Mortis Engine require a nerf? No.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 2,893
    Varghulf has abnormally fast attack speed which offsets his low damage. But agree with the others. VC is so WH1.
    sieah said:

Does a Nehek spell require a nerf? No.
    Does a Mortis Engine require a nerf? No.
    it did it is strong as regrowth, but also restores unit models as well.

mortis engines could auite literally just park some ware and drain units without doing anything. they were warranted changes to stop toxic and un fun gameplay.

nerf did not mean unplayble just means as for these two cases presented they need more player skill.

for counts they need to do some buff, they need some weapon varients, buffs to md and ma,
    v counts only flyer caps.

edited December 2019
    Oh my God how awful. We cant have good units and abilities in this roster, i stand corrected.
    I bet youre one of those MP guys who sends petitions to CA to buff Plague Monk Censter Beares by adding +1MA .
  • andrewbh2003andrewbh2003 Registered Users Posts: 124
    sieah said:

Oh my God how awful. We cant have good units and abilities in this roster, i stand corrected.
    I bet youre one of those MP guys who sends petitions to CA to buff Plague Monk Censter Beares by adding +1MA .

dude i hope to god you were playing the game back when the grim and the grave first came out

i remember parking my mortis engine in a choke blocking it with the sternsmen and by the end of that 4 full stacks of chosen died and the sternsmen "being the tanks they are" still at half hp nowhere near the healing cap

like does not matter if you are in campaign or mp or both mortis engines were RIDICULOUS not just the actual mortis engine but anything with a mortis engine "drain" effect is incredibly powerful they needed a nerf

nehek also needed the heal nerf as being able to get your full 20 stack and just blob up and heal ALL damage done at the end of a battle while the enemy routed off made replenishment a non issue for vc

in addition old nehek healed more than damn regrowth while also costing half as much and restoring models

again does not matter if you play campaign or mp that is NOT balanced at all

besides why do you care about nehek? if your a campaign player " as you seem to claim" then you have acess to wind of death cheese so literally does not matter when every single level 9+ lord has acess to a spell that is so strong that people legit dont know whats stronger lord kroak or 2 overcast wind of death

sieah said:

dude i hope to god you were playing the game back when the grim and the grave first came out

i remember parking my mortis engine in a choke blocking it with the sternsmen and by the end of that 4 full stacks of chosen died and the sternsmen "being the tanks they are" still at half hp nowhere near the healing cap

like does not matter if you are in campaign or mp or both mortis engines were RIDICULOUS not just the actual mortis engine but anything with a mortis engine "drain" effect is incredibly powerful they needed a nerf

nehek also needed the heal nerf as being able to get your full 20 stack and just blob up and heal ALL damage done at the end of a battle while the enemy routed off made replenishment a non issue for vc

in addition old nehek healed more than damn regrowth while also costing half as much and restoring models

besides why do you care about nehek? if your a campaign player " as you seem to claim" then you have acess to wind of death cheese so literally does not matter when every single level 9+ lord has acess to a spell that is so strong that people legit dont know whats stronger lord kroak or 2 overcast wind of death
    Overcast winds of death it is one of the first things you hope is not there if you see Manfred.he can actually pull one off in mp
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,308

sieah said:

Well, that's the point of Vampire Counts, ressurecting the dead and all. The healing cap was made for not abusing of that.

Wargol5 said:

sieah said:

Well, that's the point of Vampire Counts, ressurecting the dead and all. The healing cap was made for not abusing of that.

Yet another nerf to please the almost non existant multiplayer crowd.
    neodeinos said:

Wargol5 said:

sieah said:

Yet another nerf to please the almost non existant multiplayer crowd.
    You clearly haven't visited the multiplayer discords.

Sounds fun, why did this need a nerf again?

Yes, thats Vampire Counts in a nutshell. Weak infantry, powerful monsters, characters and magic.
    You and your 15 pals who play MP made sure that only Vampire Lords are worth something now.
    I remember when Crypt Horrors were a must have in every army, now that you have "balanced" them they suck even in SP.

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,393

sieah said:

It gets boring as hell using skeletons and a lord with wind of death for long stretches.
    I’d like to use my spooky Cairn Wraiths or my hulking Crypt horrors but they aren’t worth it.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
    Sephlock said:

sieah said:

It gets boring as hell using skeletons and a lord with wind of death for long stretches.
    I’d like to use my spooky Cairn Wraiths or my hulking Crypt horrors but they aren’t worth it.
    Crpyt horrors actually got a buff recently nd see them castes a lot.

I personally find cain wraiths really good in dwarf match up. Dwarf don't have many magic attack units outsise of peak gate guard. Won a few battles using them

Sephlock said:

sieah said:

I personally find cain wraiths really good in dwarf match up. Dwarf don't have many magic attack units outsise of peak gate guard. Won a few battles using them
    Don't the Cairn Wraiths have magic attacks ? If so then the magic resistance of the Dwarfs nerfs the wraith's damage.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,270
    neodeinos said:

Sephlock said:

sieah said:

Don't the Cairn Wraiths have magic attacks ? If so then the magic resistance of the Dwarfs nerfs the wraith's damage.
    Yeah they do magical attacks.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

neodeinos said:

Sephlock said:

sieah said:

Yeah but still dawrf can't kill them when used in mass fast.

25% magic resist is not terrible, of course it will quite literally change the match if player brings a anvil of doom. It gives 70% magic resist
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,138

neodeinos said:

Sephlock said:

sieah said:

25% magic resist is not terrible, of course it will quite literally change the match if player brings a anvil of doom. It gives 70% magic resist
    Nope it gives 15% magic resistance mapwide, which buffs the dwarfs up to 40% magic resistance. Not anywhere close to 70%.
    Uagrim said:

neodeinos said:

Sephlock said:

sieah said:

Nope it gives 15% magic resistance mapwide, which buffs the dwarfs up to 40% magic resistance. Not anywhere close to 70%.
    sorry then I must have confused something
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,066
    Let's all avoid anymore personal remarks in the commentary.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain