Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH3 Launch Race: Eastern Empires/Grand Cathay? (Video)

Comments

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,050
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

It's useless to talk with Cathay fanboys, all they can do is find crap excuses to say Cathay can happen and they'll deny any facts and say "Muh but CA can still surprise us !" "CA is greedy and just wants the chinese market !"

No one ever accused CA of being greedy, but to say it would be a surprise for CA to work on a market that they them self admitted really worked for them.

As far as I can see the anti Cathay guys’ best argument is ‘muh Cathay’.
    CA desires to grab the Chinese market is only a speculation we have no hard evidence of it. And given they chose a very unpopular period in China with the eight princes DLC for 3K I'm more inclined to believe CA doesn't give a **** about your so important Chinese market.

Oh and you don't need Cathay to attract the Chinese community. Unless you are assuming Chinese are only attracted by something China related ?
    Yes! The **** has come out.

Why does Cathay generate this kind of emotion?

I look at Cathay threads and think, wonder what unique ideas can come from this?

For some it’s like a red flag to a bull - weird.
    So you have nothing to think CA wants Chinese market except "Chinese market is big" ? Got it.
    it has more money, ca is a company not charity, so yes they will want to get as much money as the could.

So all companies only care for money ?
    in the end yes 90% of them do. it is taught clearly in economics, any thing even actions the do as charity is to either set up more ways to improve and gain money. again there exceptions but most of them are lime that.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 5,983

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

It's useless to talk with Cathay fanboys, all they can do is find crap excuses to say Cathay can happen and they'll deny any facts and say "Muh but CA can still surprise us !" "CA is greedy and just wants the chinese market !"

No one ever accused CA of being greedy, but to say it would be a surprise for CA to work on a market that they them self admitted really worked for them.

CA desires to grab the Chinese market is only a speculation we have no hard evidence of it. And given they chose a very unpopular period in China with the eight princes DLC for 3K I'm more inclined to believe CA doesn't give a **** about your so important Chinese market.

Oh and you don't need Cathay to attract the Chinese community. Unless you are assuming Chinese are only attracted by something China related ?

I look at Cathay threads and think, wonder what unique ideas can come from this?

So you have nothing to think CA wants Chinese market except "Chinese market is big" ? Got it.
    it has more money, ca is a company not charity, so yes they will want to get as much money as the could.

in the end yes 90% of them do. it is taught clearly in economics, any thing even actions the do as charity is to either set up more ways to improve and gain money. again there exceptions but most of them are lime that.
    Thus the obvious choice is to stop making Warhammer and istead to make a Chinese fantasy game as no other market can compete with the Chinese one. It would also be easier as they don't have to have these relations with GW and their IP policy and tariffs.

Clearly, CA should stop making Warhammer and make their own fantasy China game.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,316

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

That is obviously an undeniable proof that CA is going to make Cathay then. Sorry I was wrong, Cathay is confirmed because greedy CA wants the sweet Chinese money.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,999
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Yeah I agree the Hierotitan was a based on a fan made model, whether there’s a description or not, get 10 artists they’ll all do a different job.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. The base equipment(staff and scales) and the general size and design(Mortuary Cult rather than the Necrotects so much more gilded than some like the Bone Giant) are dictated by the entry itself so you can't really budge from that unless you tell the artist that they can ignore bits and go on their own. The fanmade model was already quite accurate to the description and the general TK aesthetic which, unlike Cathay, we have material for in ample amount.

There are some differences between the fan model and the game model, but the general design, equipment and aesthetic are already present in the lore.
    Fortunately it does work, the fact that it’s already been created gives the illusion that the design is somehow ‘obvious’. A few different artists would create something different.

Likewise, I’m more than sure CA could create something for Cathay through official descriptions, found in officiously sources.
    or you know get help from gw create oc stuff. there is nothing stopping them,

it is like gw and ca have some kind of agreement.
    I’m pretty sure if CA give FW a good case they’re not going to say no
    FW is part of GW, CA isn't.

Aww look at that, you jumped on an obvious error.. slow clap.
    So, what, you say invalid things and expect no one to say anything?
    If I see someone write FW instead of GW, I think.. well, F is close to G on the keyboard, a simple error. I don’t try to turn it into a debate, a waste of everyone’s time. I mean.. I’d consider doing it if I had a poor argument and nothing much to say.... ah got you.
    ...I actually want to hear your reasoning then what you meant by that statement and how it proves CA and GW would make official content. FW is literally just a branch of GW so there isn't anything in this in either way of this statement that has CA making new material.
    Have you recently taken a blow to the head?

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Yeah I agree the Hierotitan was a based on a fan made model, whether there’s a description or not, get 10 artists they’ll all do a different job.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. The base equipment(staff and scales) and the general size and design(Mortuary Cult rather than the Necrotects so much more gilded than some like the Bone Giant) are dictated by the entry itself so you can't really budge from that unless you tell the artist that they can ignore bits and go on their own. The fanmade model was already quite accurate to the description and the general TK aesthetic which, unlike Cathay, we have material for in ample amount.

There are some differences between the fan model and the game model, but the general design, equipment and aesthetic are already present in the lore.
    Fortunately it does work, the fact that it’s already been created gives the illusion that the design is somehow ‘obvious’. A few different artists would create something different.

Likewise, I’m more than sure CA could create something for Cathay through official descriptions, found in officiously sources.

If I see someone write FW instead of GW, I think.. well, F is close to G on the keyboard, a simple error. I don’t try to turn it into a debate, a waste of everyone’s time. I mean.. I’d consider doing it if I had a poor argument and nothing much to say.... ah got you.
    ...I actually want to hear your reasoning then what you meant by that statement and how it proves CA and GW would make official content. FW is literally just a branch of GW so there isn't anything in this in either way of this statement that has CA making new material.
    If it gets you to tell me your reasoning then sure. Because I don't understand a thing you're trying to show.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

It’s their key concern - yes.
    So why didn't hey make Araby if they care so much for money ? It was obviously a faction that would sell a lot given all the people getting hyped for it.

What are you basing that on? A few threads saying ‘I like Araby’? Or is it possible, CA know something we don’t?

Money is the major concern for any business. CA devs understand this, due to the fact they nearly folded and had to be bought out by Sega.
    Sigh.. business discussion. If someone wants to do a Cathay thread I can recommend keeping a focus on possible troops/mechanics rather than whether it could or ought to be added.

Overall would be more fun.
    Crossil said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Thus the obvious choice is to stop making Warhammer and istead to make a Chinese fantasy game as no other market can compete with the Chinese one. It would also be easier as they don't have to have these relations with GW and their IP policy and tariffs.

why though they already have established product with ton of back content, they could sell if they enticed a small fraction of Chinese market to buy. and there are plentyof chinese fsntasy games so you want to get them cathy can be the lure.

rest of the content can make them stay.

I mean this simple business logic.
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

If it gets you to tell me your reasoning then sure. Because I don't understand a thing you're trying to show.
    he had a typo!!
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

That is obviously an undeniable proof that CA is going to make Cathay then. Sorry I was wrong, Cathay is confirmed because greedy CA wants the sweet Chinese money.
    proof no not even close.

but it gives them massive insensitive to make cathy race
    edited December 2019

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

he had a typo!!
    Fine, but he still had some kind of point to make with that post that had a typo so what was that point? That CA has made some official content? That content is very limited in amount.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

why though they already have established product with ton of back content, they could sell if they enticed a small fraction of Chinese market to buy. and there are plentyof chinese fsntasy games so you want to get them cathy can be the lure.

rest of the content can make them stay.

I mean this simple business logic.
    As I said, why would they make this game different while having to deal with GW when they can make their own? Clearly it would be better to have a game that solely focuses on Chinese mythology.

Instead of having to negotiate everything about Cathay it would be better for CA to wrap up game 3 quickly and make their own IP.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

he had a typo!!
    Fine, but he still had some kind of point to make with that post that had a typo so what was that point? That CA has made some official content? That content is very limited in amount.
    they have been making little bit of oc content every single dlc.

at this point it should be noted that they have massive amount of freedom.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 2,584
    Cathay fans are great. They say its fine to add up to 6 fake Lords, make fake rivalries with Lord from both Ogre Kindoms, and Chaos Dwarfs, or even at some point from Chaos Demon or WoC, but when it come to Kislev, they say Kislev have 2 named Lords, or that DoW cant be race or this or that.

Cathay fanatic will dig into deep of hell, to come up with every reason to add their faction that is 95% made up, and as core its most idiotic idea ever.

Coudl this race be dlc with 4 Lords, yes. Could this race be core, its madness. Every core race CA come up with is in 95% based on GW work.

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

he had a typo!!

Their only OC content is just a unit variant based on an existing one. There is also Cylostra but they did say it was a one time thing and they are not going to do others OC lords.
    neodeinos said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

he had a typo!!

Their only OC content is just a unit variant based on an existing one. There is also Cylostra but they did say it was a one time thing and they are not going to do others OC lords.
    they said they rather not do it.

they still do oc content currently the scale is smaller. but they do it a lot
    Ares354 said:

Cathay fans are great. They say its fine to add up to 6 fake Lords, make fake rivalries with Lord from both Ogre Kindoms, and Chaos Dwarfs, or even at some point from Chaos Demon or WoC, but when it come to Kislev, they say Kislev have 2 named Lords, or that DoW cant be race or this or that.

Cathay fanatic will dig into deep of hell, to come up with every reason to add their faction that is 95% made up, and as core its most idiotic idea ever.

Coudl this race be dlc with 4 Lords, yes. Could this race be core, its madness. Every core race CA come up with is in 95% based on GW work.

A fake rivalry with the Ogre Kingdoms? They dropped a meteor on them and the Ogres interfere with their trade.

Imagine everyone’s horror if the big reveal for the humanoid order race ended up being Kislev. I have images of that Jurassic Park/No Man’s Sky meme.

Ares354 said:

A fake rivalry with the Ogre Kingdoms? They dropped a meteor on them and the Ogres interfere with their trade.

Imagine everyone’s horror if the big reveal for the humanoid order race ended up being Kislev. I have images of that Jurassic Park/No Man’s Sky meme.
    kislev is the front runner though. I would rather see kislev as dlc race though of quality better than tk of course.

I want to see the meme please

Ares354 said:

kislev is the front runner though. I would rather see kislev as dlc race though of quality better than tk of course.

I want to see the meme please
    I just get this feeling that CA need to do something huge for game 3. It’s more than possible that Kislev could have a role in the smaller game 3 only campaign.

I’m not having a go, the creator did turn it around.

Ares354 said:

When they dropped a meteor ? Time line of TW Warhammer is Franz coronations. When I talk about fake rivalry I mean CA make up Cathay lord, and make up history to Lord of Ogres of Chaos Dawi that was made by GW long time ago.

Kislev wont be core as well, I think CA may end up with Cathay and Kislev as DLC to game 3. Both of those race dont fit vortex so wont be pre order bonus.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

When they dropped a meteor ? Time line of TW Warhammer is Franz coronations. When I talk about fake rivalry I mean CA make up Cathay lord, and make up history to Lord of Ogres of Chaos Dawi that was made by GW long time ago.

Kislev wont be core as well, I think CA may end up with Cathay and Kislev as DLC to game 3. Both of those race dont fit vortex so wont be pre order bonus.
    Well I agree. I think Cathays greatest chance is a big DLC after the main darkland factions have been sorted.

I think there must be a human/humanoid faction for a game 3 core.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

they have to have order race for casual fans, there lot of them lot more than hardcore fans,
    one of those race will be there count on it

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

they have to have order race for casual fans, there lot of them lot more than hardcore fans,
    Normally, people who argue it won't be Kislev or Cathay will claim DoW are the 4th race due to their armybook. Imma guess they are an option.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Crossil said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Normally, people who argue it won't be Kislev or Cathay will claim DoW are the 4th race due to their armybook. Imma guess they are an option.
    Yes sure, as long as they have order race the game will do fine
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,821
    Kislev, Cathay, demons, and ogres core races of game 3. Chaos dwarves dlc.

Crossil said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Yes sure, as long as they have order race the game will do fine
    My issue is it should be a big, key race, CA have simply run out of options.
    I always thought dow was a candidate for pre order bonus

I always thought dow was a candidate for pre order bonus

I looked at the RoR list and more of them are none locals. I just think it’s a better idea to be an option for any famous DoW regiment to come available for the main factions with obvious limits.

Vampire hunters not being available for vampires or cavalry for Dwarfs for example.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Kislev is far more likely than Cathay.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

OFc they have to. But people here claimed that CA said no more Lords like Cylostra Direfin so that rule out all Humans apart from Empire.

I dont know with DoW but Kislev even with most obscure Lords will have 4, and now we know, CA do at least 5 Lord for core race, with flc ofc. Cathay have 1 named Lord, Dragon Emperor, maybe some will dig up 1 or 2 more, but that all, again, we need more for core race. They can use killed Lords, or Lords who died up to 500 years.

I am fine with making units, this dont break immersion, but that is one thing. Making more then 70% of Lords for race is different story, you lose immersion knowing, they all where never there.

Its very hard thing for CA to come up with good race in game 3. Or we dont know, if CA will fallow with no made up Lords, coz if that is not the case, Cathay, Kislev, DoW can all be core.