Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 factions possibility

Thebessa2108Thebessa2108 Registered Users Posts: 28
Basically I will list all the possible warhammer 3 races by how high are their REAL chance of being made

10.000.000.000% chance -core races with an 8th edition armybook

Daemons of chaos(undivided)
Ogre kingdows

60% chance - races with older armybooks like brettonia and important to lore

Kislev
Dogs of war
Chaos dwafs

Special cases

Daemons of chaos(monogods), the main point is how profitable could it be, I can see a lot of people only buying one of the daemon factions based on what they prefer as a ultimate force of chaos(if you prefer demon as bestial bloodthirsty unbeatable creatures rather than sin inducers succubus ,you will probably only buy the daemons of khorne (I know that there are people that would buy all daemon factions,but they are the minority),but somefolks like me that prefer be the Light in the darkness ,would Love play against all of them,but wouldn't buy any of them

Lauch undivided daemons is a better move because

1-everyone who like daemons(regardless their kind) should buy it

2-that will give CA more time to create other factions that would appeal for other players

30% chance-races that have some importance in lore(more on other games like the GW rpgs and novels than TT)but never had an official armybook

Araby

Special case:-Legions of nagash (despite the CA tried ,we don't any true hybrid faction,also one of the most important nagash followers is already in the game ,so....... nagash will probably be just an TK or VC LL)

0,1% chance-factions that with almost no lore,just some quotes on other Races armybooks

Nippon
Ind

Special case:- Cathay IF CA GO FOR CHAOS UNDIVIDED AS I EXPECT them Cathay may have 0,8% chance,because of how many people just want it,But if ca goes for monogods them just give up from cathay

For the cathay fans:-your biggest argument is that the chinese market is Great and CA want money,etc

1- WHY CHINESE CAN'T LIKE NON-CHINESE THINGS? Following your own logic TWWH should be a Failure on the US because there are no US Equivalente faction but .... from where most of the players are?

2-the japanese anime rising of the shield Hero,that have as background an medieval EUROPEAN fantasy was a massive sucess on china

Comments

• ryder1362ryder1362 Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited January 1
    In my opinion, the practically obligatory factions:
    - Warriors of Khorne's Chaos (With Khorne's demons).
    - Warriors of Nurgle Chaos (With the demons of Nurgle).
    - Warriors of Slaanesh Chaos (With the demons of Slaanesh).
    - Warriors of the chaos of Tzeentch (With the demons of Tzeentch).
    - Ogres Kingdoms.
    - Dwarves of Chaos.

Afterwards, eventually, less safe:
    - Kislev, a little safer than the last two.
    - Cathay.
    - Araby.

Making a faction of Chaos undivided would make no sense, since all four gods hate each other.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,999
    For the cathay fans:-your biggest argument is that the chinese market is Great and CA want money,etc

I wouldn’t presume to know our ‘biggest’ argument. The Chinese market pushed 3K (Chinese culture - coincidence?) into easily the highest selling TW game of all time. Note, the Chinese market did not push Empire TW or generally any other non Chinese culture based TW - see a pattern? If you also do a little research you will see a lot of US/UK Western film/media companies showing Chinese culture in a positive light to gain access to the market.

The fact is no one knows the mind of CA and their priorities, we can only guess. If you believe you’re certain, by all means do share your evidence.

There are a lot of reasons why Cathay is a possibility, however, no one is present during CA dev meetings on this thread.. so we honestly don’t know.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,821
    edited January 2
    Kislev, Cathay, doc, and ogres launch. Chaos dwarves dlc race possibly even pre-order. We need two good guy factions or the games sales will tank. Look at the steam stats will show you ordinary gamers don’t play bad guy or weird factions.

If game 3 has 4 monogods it will be dead after launch. Chaos one of the least popular armies in game currently. 99% of players aren’t diehard tt fans.

Dlc armies open up lots with far east included as well as dark lands.

Edit
    CA would say no Cathay if it wasn’t coming. It’s the most asked for faction after Araby maybe even more so after 3k.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,221
    Core Game: Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs and Kislev

DLC Races: Dogs of War, Legions of Nagash, Hobgoblin Khanate?, Gnoblar Hordes?, Cathay?

Monogods (named after the new AoS armies for color): Maggotkin of Nurgle, Blades of Khorne, Hedonites of Slaanesh and Disciples of Tzeentch

LPs: DoC vs Kislev, OK vs CD, DoC vs LM?, CD vs HE?, Kislev vs Skaven?, etc. etc.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • BorealBoreal Registered Users Posts: 623

I wouldn’t presume to know our ‘biggest’ argument. The Chinese market pushed 3K (Chinese culture - coincidence?) into easily the highest selling TW game of all time. Note, the Chinese market did not push Empire TW or generally any other non Chinese culture based TW - see a pattern? If you also do a little research you will see a lot of US/UK Western film/media companies showing Chinese culture in a positive light to gain access to the market.

The fact is no one knows the mind of CA and their priorities, we can only guess. If you believe you’re certain, by all means do share your evidence.

There are a lot of reasons why Cathay is a possibility, however, no one is present during CA dev meetings on this thread.. so we honestly don’t know.

A game based on a famous point of Chinese history and based on a very famous and popular novel which has had loads of famous and popular game and movies made about it, is not the same as a game with a fantasy generic China in it.

Hell if you choose a different period is suddenly flops (8 princes)
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 193
    edited January 2
    Gamgee said:

Kislev, Cathay, doc, and ogres launch. Chaos dwarves dlc race possibly even pre-order. We need two good guy factions or the games sales will tank. Look at the steam stats will show you ordinary gamers don’t play bad guy or weird factions.

If game 3 has 4 monogods it will be dead after launch. Chaos one of the least popular armies in game currently. 99% of players aren’t diehard tt fans.

Edit
    CA would say no Cathay if it wasn’t coming. It’s the most asked for faction after Araby maybe even more so after 3k.

CA also said they had no current plans to make any more original content currently. At least not on the scale of Cylostra. That's just one LL. I don't think you realise how little lore there is on Cathay. It would be 95% made from scratch at best... it's not happening.

By comparison Araby has a decent amount of lore, even an army list and they haven't made the cut. There is no chance of Cathay as a core race and very very very little chance of them being a DLC race at the end of the whole trilogy. And that's being optimistic.

They also haven't said halfling armies and amazons with lasguns aren't coming. And those both have MORE lore to work on.

Gamgee said:

Edit

CA hasn't said no to Kislev, DoW, Amazon's, Ind, Cathay, Nippon, Krush, Fishmen, Albion, Hung, Hobogoblins, Halflings ect.

So you think we will get all of these.
    Of course not, them not saying no means jack ****
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,999
    Boreal said:

A game based on a famous point of Chinese history and based on a very famous and popular novel which has had loads of famous and popular game and movies made about it, is not the same as a game with a fantasy generic China in it.

Your idea of a flop is different to mine. If you noticed the 8 Princes was in the top 5 of global sales during release. If that’s a flop I’d love to see a success.
  • Thebessa2108Thebessa2108 Registered Users Posts: 28
    Gamgee said:

Edit

In lore yes,but in a business strategy......

I guess they Will come Just like arkhan for the TK,they share most of the roster,but each one has it's own units and they can't confederate in the campaign
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,821

Gamgee said:

Edit

CA also said they had no current plans to make any more original content currently. At least not on the scale of Cylostra. That's just one LL. I don't think you realise how little lore there is on Cathay. It would be 95% made from scratch at best... it's not happening.

By comparison Araby has a decent amount of lore, even an army list and they haven't made the cut. There is no chance of Cathay as a core race and very very very little chance of them being a DLC race at the end of the whole trilogy. And that's being optimistic.

They also haven't said halfling armies and amazons with lasguns aren't coming. And those both have MORE lore to work on.

I have never seen a source for this claim.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 1,461
    PREORDER
    Dogs of War/Southern Realms (Highly Likely - though they could be a preorder, a core race, or a DLC for game 3)

CORE
    Ogre Kingdoms (Guaranteed)
    Daemons of Chaos (Guaranteed)
    Chaos Dwarves (Highly Likely)
    Kislev (Highly Likely - could be a preorder, core race or DLC for game 3)

DLC
    Legions of Nagash (Highly Likely - though I don’t know if Nagash will come as his own faction, mechanic, or an end game threat etc)

Cathay (Not likely but possible)

Ind (Longshot)

Nippon (Longshot)
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,050
    Hobgoblin khante could be safe pick for dlc.

Cathay is more than possibilty
    Nagash dlc
    Ind nipoon khuresh are long shot.

Kislev yes.

Southern realms yes

Araby may be

Of daemons, chaos dwarfs, and orgers.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,032
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Edit

They did say that they weren't planning on doing another completely original LL like Cylostra any time soon. What "soon" means is open for interpretation, however, and from what I've seen, the anti-Cathay crowd tends to be ignorant on how much fluff there actually is.
  • AurawallAurawall Registered Users Posts: 327
    TIER 1 100% GUARANTEED
    Ogre Kingdoms
    Demons of Chaos

TIER 2 99% GUARANTEED
    Chaos Dwarfs

TIER 3 Highly likely core or preorder if GW is not restrictive
    Kislev
    Dogs of War

TIER 3.5 Highly likely core or preorder if GW is restrictive
    Empire
    Khorne
    Tzeench
    Nurgle
    Slaanesh

TIER 4 Highly likely DLC if GW is not restrictive
    Cathay

TIER 4.5 Highly likely DLC if GW is restrictive
    Legions of Nagash
    Hobgoblins

TIER 5 Longshots
    Ind
    Nippon

I must admit Game 3 looks terrible if GW is restrictive.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 734
    ryder1362 said:

Making a faction of Chaos undivided would make no sense, since all four gods hate each other.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,732
    ryder1362 said:

Better tell that to the Demons of Chaos, Beastmen, and Warriors of Chaos army books as all are undivided.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • doktarrdoktarr Registered Users Posts: 235
    My prediction:

Preorder: Kislev

Core:

Daemons
    Ogres
    Chaos Dwarves
    DoW (core over Kislev because it makes for easier DLC expansions)

DLCs:
    Hobgob
    Cathay

Nagash as a mixed roster non-playable faction
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 681
    Ogre Kingdoms must be a core race. But yeah it will probably be only 4 demons as core.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 681
    SerPus said:

ryder1362 said:

This is the perfect excuse for confederation between demons.
  • Lucos81Lucos81 Registered Users Posts: 13
    DOC, ogres, chaos dwarves and kislev as base game seems a fair bet.
    Then, divided Deamons can come as dlc Lord packs.

For the good guys, I think that a middenheim dlc is also a good possibility.
  • IconicIconic Registered Users Posts: 462
    In terms of published canon it goes:

Tier 1
    Daemons of Chaos
    Ogre Kingdoms

Tier 2
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Dogs of War
    Monogods

Tier 3
    Kislev
    Halflings
    Gnoblar Horde
    Middenheim

Tier 4
    Nagash
    Hobgoblin Khanate
    Amazons
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 383
    We’re now saying Middenheim will have its own roster? Where is this coming from, and Lord I hope they don’t prioritize that over Kislev, Cathay, Southern Realms, Araby, Nippon, or any other markedly unique human aesthetic. There has got to be 6-8 factions ahead of Middelheim as far as priority goes.

Note: Middenheim was my first Mordheim band. I’m not saying this cause I dislike them.
  • WarwicktWarwickt Registered Users Posts: 23
    I'd like to see divided chaos. As i remember CA did divided Rome and Carthage for Rome 2 so why dont for WH3. But we need order factions too.
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 629
    edited January 2
    Wait you guys think we will have to pay for each Daemon faction separately?
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 746
    edited January 2
    I am sure we get only these 8 races:
    1. Kislev
    2. Southern Realms with Dogs of War roster
    3. Chaos Dwarfs
    4. Ogre Kingdoms
    5. Khorne
    6. Nurgle
    7. Tzeentch
    8. Slaanesh
    We don't have many options for DLC races in game 3 without four chaos gods races. If CA want more races for game 3, It make sense to split chaos gods to own races. Each chaos god have enough material to be own race.
    After all, If Russian leak is real, we get only Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms. Why CA should cut four chaos gods races and add only one Deamons of Chaos race? Sure, game only with four chaos gods races from start is bad idea but we can have two chaos gods core races(or one in preorder bonus) with others races for game 3. Rest of chaos gods races will be in Campaign packs.

CA need only one or two new good races for game 3, something like Empire or High Elves. Only Kislev and Southern Realms with Dogs of War roster have enough material to be new races. Both races can easy have colonies and expeditions in Darklands.

Cathay, Ind, Nippin etc? No chance. I doubt CA will make races from nothing.

Hell Pit, Hobgoblins, Gnoblars or Middenland? These races will be just weak clones of main races. It make more sense to add these factions in Lord packs for main races.

Legion of Nagash? Why we need new race for one character? This race will be just mix of Tomb Kings and Vampire Count stuff. If we get Nagash, he will be just legendary lord for Tomb Kings or Vampire Count.
    Post edited by Labria on
    Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne!
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU

Boreal said:

Your idea of a flop is different to mine. If you noticed the 8 Princes was in the top 5 of global sales during release. If that’s a flop I’d love to see a success.
    Except it wasn't
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Edit

The Q&A they did around HatB
    Draxynnic said:

Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Edit

They did say that they weren't planning on doing another completely original LL like Cylostra any time soon. What "soon" means is open for interpretation, however, and from what I've seen, the anti-Cathay crowd tends to be ignorant on how much fluff there actually is.
    They didn't say soon they said they weren't planning on doing it again

Hobgoblin khante could be safe pick for dlc.

Cathay is more than possibilty
    Nagash dlc
    Ind nipoon khuresh are long shot.

Kislev yes.

Southern realms yes

Araby may be

Of daemons, chaos dwarfs, and orgers.

Arbay isn't going to be in game 3 and Cathay is a long shot

We’re now saying Middenheim will have its own roster? Where is this coming from, and Lord I hope they don’t prioritize that over Kislev, Cathay, Southern Realms, Araby, Nippon, or any other markedly unique human aesthetic. There has got to be 6-8 factions ahead of Middelheim as far as priority goes.

Note: Middenheim was my first Mordheim band. I’m not saying this cause I dislike them.

Because Middenland has its own roster. Cathay and Nippon don't