Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mortal Empires Map Expansion

Hammer145Hammer145 Registered Users Posts: 11
Given the new end turn speeds, anyone else think we may see the whole of WH1 and 2 in ME one day? They clearly are able to expand the map. Sure, the turns would be a little longer again, but I think it will be worth it. If not for WH2, maybe WH3. I just really hate seeing most of the WH2 not being in the ME campaign. It feels like something is missing.

Comments

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,402
    The new end turn speeds really do save this game series and the initial vision of one giant map - and make it hard to argue that bigger isn't better!

I deffo think the Map will expand North to include a "realm of Chaos" where Demon factions will gain power before sweeping down. I also think it will expand east as far as to include the Mountains of Mourn.

It would make sense to get the bottom of the southlands back so that Malus can send black arks back to the old world etc.
    Change is on the way...

• VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 370
    Getting the entire map of wh 1 and 2 would be nice for ME. I was disappointed how they squashed it.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,567
    We definitely need full continents. Until we get full Lustria and Southlands I will always prefer Vortex over ME, doesn’t matter how fast turntimes are now.

There is no reason to not expand the map. ME Start positions in Lustria just suck compared to how great the continent feels in the vortex. In ME it’s just an ugly block of land with weird shaped provinces. Just feels wrong.

Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 649
    ArneSo said:

We definitely need full continents. Until we get full Lustria and Southlands I will always prefer Vortex over ME, doesn’t matter how fast turntimes are now.

There is no reason to not expand the map. ME Start positions in Lustria just suck compared to how great the continent feels in the vortex. In ME it’s just an ugly block of land with weird shaped provinces. Just feels wrong.

I’m right there with ya. Playing on Lustria or Naggarond is just painful at this stage.
  • Calvin86Calvin86 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I hate playing Lizardmen and Dark Elves on ME right now, i always play them on Vortex, which is such a shame. And i've never done a HE campaign, but i would certainly never do it on ME, since Ulthuan is so tiny.

Now a HE playthrough on ME with the full WH1 and WH2 Map combined? Being the true guardians of the the Warhammer world and controlling trade routes and patrolling the waters from pole to pole? Awesome!
    Calvin86 said:

I hate playing Lizardmen and Dark Elves on ME right now, i always play them on Vortex, which is such a shame. And i've never done a HE campaign, but i would certainly never do it on ME, since Ulthuan is so tiny.

Now a HE playthrough on ME with the full WH1 and WH2 Map combined? Being the true guardians of the the Warhammer world and controlling trade routes and patrolling the waters from pole to pole? Awesome!

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason to ever play Lizzies in ME right now because 2/3 of their core territory is missing.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,054
    Yeah, as it is I only play WH1 races in ME and WH2 races in Vortex. I hope they go whole hog for Immortal Empires.
    ò_ó
  • EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,205
    Need full continents, more hostile factions on Ulthuan and in Empire lands (especially Skaven) and more provinces/settlements in Lustria and Southern Relams. I swear, it took ages to complete Cult of Sotek quest line because there was always at least one settlement owned by other Lizardmen factions. except for the starting province and Vampire Coast one.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Registered Users Posts: 483
    +1

Justice for Lustria, the Southlands and Naggaroth.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 903
    edited January 2020
    So, i've been clamoring for a proper physical expansion of the ME since it's release. Im obviously fully aware that we wont get any during game 2's cycle, however i'm really starting to think that game 3's ME map will carry over the full Vortex continents.
    The most recent turn timer revolution i think is a good indication that they are preparing/testing something for game 3.

But most importantly, i really cannot see CA forsaking so much polished content, letting it "die" in game 2. The Vortex map is a beautiful map, extremely well polished and fleshed out. I really don't think CA is going to let so much of it get forgotten in game 3.
    We all know that when game 3 arrives, the game 2 playerbase is going to plummet, and its support is going to be zero. If CA won't port the Vortex campaign in game 3 (which i'd love, but im quite doubtful), then if we're not even getting that land in the new ME it means that we'll have a lot of content that gets just abandoned and left behind forever, in a game barely anyone will still be playing.
    I mean, technically speaking, the game 1 Gran Campaign is present in it's full entirety in ME, so that base-game 1 could "live on" in game 2. I don't see why would this should not happen with game 2 and game 3.

There is also a very clear gameplay reason. There are A LOT of LL and straight up entire factions that simply play WAY better and are a lot more fun in Vortex then in ME at the moment. And this is something CA is knows.
    Game 3 is the definitive final game of this trilogy, so it's the one which i'm assuming will get support the longest and have the longest life.
    Is this the definitive Lustria the LM will play in forever? Is it going to remain in such an overcrowded, downsized status with weirdly shaped provinces and a **** of start-positions all 1 turn away? Are we really going to permanently loose the entire half of the Southlands continent forever?
    LM, DE and to an extent also HE play a lot better in Vortex than they do in ME.
    Is someone like Khatep stuck in that extremely awkward area forever? Kroq-gar as well? Is Malus's Black Ark going to remain in that enclosed part of the sea for the rest of this trilogies' life? Is Lokhir's ME start going to remain so unbearably unfun?

My greatest hope in game 3 is that they carry over the Vortex map to ME. Maybe resize a bit some areas but still, let them be present in their entire fully fleshed out glory. Reposition some LL's to their Vortex start (eg: Teclis, Tehenhauin, Malus, TIkTaqto to name a few). Let us take over the abandoned Southlands temple cities with the LM (which is the whole reason as to why those LM start there). Let us rejoin with the colonies as the HE. I could go on and on.

If game 3's ME is going to retain the exact same cuts to the New World as the current one, then i will honestly be extremely dissappointed.

So, i've been clamoring for a proper physical expansion of the ME since it's release. Im obviously fully aware that we wont get any during game 2's cycle, however i'm really starting to think that game 3's ME map will carry over the full Vortex continents.
    The most recent turn timer revolution i think is a good indication that they are preparing/testing something for game 3.

But most importantly, i really cannot see CA forsaking so much polished content, letting it "die" in game 2. The Vortex map is a beautiful map, extremely well polished and fleshed out. I really don't think CA is going to let so much of it get forgotten in game 3.
    We all know that when game 3 arrives, the game 2 playerbase is going to plummet, and its support is going to be zero. If CA won't port the Vortex campaign in game 3 (which i'd love, but im quite doubtful), then if we're not even getting that land in the new ME it means that we'll have a lot of content that gets just abandoned and left behind forever, in a game barely anyone will still be playing.
    I mean, technically speaking, the game 1 Gran Campaign is present in it's full entirety in ME, so that base-game 1 could "live on" in game 2. I don't see why would this should not happen with game 2 and game 3.

There is also a very clear gameplay reason. There are A LOT of LL and straight up entire factions that simply play WAY better and are a lot more fun in Vortex then in ME at the moment. And this is something CA is knows.
    Game 3 is the definitive final game of this trilogy, so it's the one which i'm assuming will get support the longest and have the longest life.
    Is this the definitive Lustria the LM will play in forever? Is it going to remain in such an overcrowded, downsized status with weirdly shaped provinces and a **** of start-positions all 1 turn away? Are we really going to permanently loose the entire half of the Southlands continent forever?
    Is someone like Khatep stuck in that extremely awkward area forever? Kroq-gar as well? Is Malus's Black Ark going to remain in that enclosed part of the sea for the rest of this trilogies' life? Is Lokhir's ME start going to remain so unbearably unfun?

My greatest hope in game 3 is that they carry over the Vortex map to ME. Maybe resize a bit some areas but still, let them be present in their entire fully fleshed out glory. Reposition some LL's to their Vortex start (eg: Teclis, Tehenhauin, Malus, TIkTaqto to name a few). Let us take over the abandoned Southlands temple cities with the LM (which is the whole reason as to why those LM start there). Let us rejoin with the colonies as the HE. I could go on and on.

If game 3's ME is going to retain the exact same cuts to the New World as the current one, then i will honestly be extremely dissappointed.

100% this!^
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461
    ArneSo said:

100% this!^
    It depends. If adding all this extra, a total global world map reduces turns times to what they were pre-optimisation then no. It's not worth it.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

ArneSo said:

100% this!^
    It depends. If adding all this extra, a total global world map reduces turns times to what they were pre-optimisation then no. It's not worth it.
    CA added 5 new provinces with the last update and turntimes are around 12-15 seconds in ME. Even if they would add 20+ new provinces this wouldn’t make turntimes much longer. Maybe like 5 seconds.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,065

ArneSo said:

100% this!^
    It's not the size of the map that matters for the turn times it's the amount of factions and to be honest I'm already expecting to go back to the pre-optimisation turn times in the "Immortal" Empires map, unless they optimise it even further.
  • TdchristmasTdchristmas Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 37
    Haven't read of off this but - wasn't the whole point of this to be 3 stand alone games that then combine to make a full ME map - so the whole world? I swear this is what it was all about.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,070

Haven't read of off this but - wasn't the whole point of this to be 3 stand alone games that then combine to make a full ME map - so the whole world? I swear this is what it was all about.

Yes that is what was advertised.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall