Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire counts competitiveness ??

2»

Comments

  • ricmornricmorn Registered Users Posts: 221
    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Punishing blobs? What about the Mortis Engine?

    Morris engine is awful i dont get the hype, its heal is negligible and so it's the damage it inflicts vs the attacks It draws
    LOL. Its damage is insane, if you remove its counters (typically cavalry and archers) it solo carries games. Its heal is also far from negligible considering it affects itself and every unit in the radius as well.
    Insane? Really? I'll have to give it another look but the last time I used it and made the point to watch the damage delt to an enemy unit it was taking like 13hp ever 10 seconds
    I forget the exact number but the damage it does with its passive draining aura is very substantial.
    4 damage to up to 4 entities in each affected unit every second. So if there are 4 units of Swordsmen in range of the Reliquary Corruption effect, it will be dealing 64 damage per second overall. Has to be in melee for it to take effect.
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 5,581
    edited January 6
    ricmorn said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Punishing blobs? What about the Mortis Engine?

    Morris engine is awful i dont get the hype, its heal is negligible and so it's the damage it inflicts vs the attacks It draws
    LOL. Its damage is insane, if you remove its counters (typically cavalry and archers) it solo carries games. Its heal is also far from negligible considering it affects itself and every unit in the radius as well.
    Insane? Really? I'll have to give it another look but the last time I used it and made the point to watch the damage delt to an enemy unit it was taking like 13hp ever 10 seconds
    I forget the exact number but the damage it does with its passive draining aura is very substantial.
    4 damage to up to 4 entities in each affected unit every second. So if there are 4 units of Swordsmen in range of the Reliquary Corruption effect, it will be dealing 64 damage per second overall. Has to be in melee for it to take effect.
    it's significantly higher than that I'm very sure. Also there is no "max 4" cap on it I'm positive.

    To give a reference, in 1-2 minutes you can drain about 1/2 HP of Phoenix Guards.
  • ricmornricmorn Registered Users Posts: 221
    Green0 said:

    ricmorn said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Punishing blobs? What about the Mortis Engine?

    Morris engine is awful i dont get the hype, its heal is negligible and so it's the damage it inflicts vs the attacks It draws
    LOL. Its damage is insane, if you remove its counters (typically cavalry and archers) it solo carries games. Its heal is also far from negligible considering it affects itself and every unit in the radius as well.
    Insane? Really? I'll have to give it another look but the last time I used it and made the point to watch the damage delt to an enemy unit it was taking like 13hp ever 10 seconds
    I forget the exact number but the damage it does with its passive draining aura is very substantial.
    4 damage to up to 4 entities in each affected unit every second. So if there are 4 units of Swordsmen in range of the Reliquary Corruption effect, it will be dealing 64 damage per second overall. Has to be in melee for it to take effect.
    it's significantly higher than that I'm very sure. Also there is no "max 4" cap on it I'm positive.

    To give a reference, in 1-2 minutes you can drain about 1/2 HP of Phoenix Guards.
    Seemed to be working just about right when I tested it. If a unit is within the area of effect for 2 minutes it's going to take nearly 2000 damage, that doesn't count the damage dealt by the engine's attacks or any other units, just the ability.

    There's a difference between entities and units. Entities are the individual soldiers within a unit. The cap only applies to the entities, not the units. If 30 units could somehow get tossed in the 40m radius of the Mortis Engine it would damage up to 4 entities within each of those 30 units.

    In Large (multiplayer) unit size it deals 3 damage a second. It could be due to the .92 multiplier in Large size spells have. Making it weaker than the 4 damage to 4 entities a second in Ultra unit size. I don't know if this is due to rounding or not, or even if Warhammer does rounding, and the health bar just shows the closest approximation, so it can seem like it does more as the health bar adjusts after adding together the damage. I assume fractional damage is still dealt.
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 5,581
    edited January 6
    ricmorn said:

    Green0 said:

    ricmorn said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Green0 said:

    Atrivox said:

    Punishing blobs? What about the Mortis Engine?

    Morris engine is awful i dont get the hype, its heal is negligible and so it's the damage it inflicts vs the attacks It draws
    LOL. Its damage is insane, if you remove its counters (typically cavalry and archers) it solo carries games. Its heal is also far from negligible considering it affects itself and every unit in the radius as well.
    Insane? Really? I'll have to give it another look but the last time I used it and made the point to watch the damage delt to an enemy unit it was taking like 13hp ever 10 seconds
    I forget the exact number but the damage it does with its passive draining aura is very substantial.
    4 damage to up to 4 entities in each affected unit every second. So if there are 4 units of Swordsmen in range of the Reliquary Corruption effect, it will be dealing 64 damage per second overall. Has to be in melee for it to take effect.
    it's significantly higher than that I'm very sure. Also there is no "max 4" cap on it I'm positive.

    To give a reference, in 1-2 minutes you can drain about 1/2 HP of Phoenix Guards.
    Seemed to be working just about right when I tested it. If a unit is within the area of effect for 2 minutes it's going to take nearly 2000 damage, that doesn't count the damage dealt by the engine's attacks or any other units, just the ability.

    There's a difference between entities and units. Entities are the individual soldiers within a unit. The cap only applies to the entities, not the units. If 30 units could somehow get tossed in the 40m radius of the Mortis Engine it would damage up to 4 entities within each of those 30 units.

    In Large (multiplayer) unit size it deals 3 damage a second. It could be due to the .92 multiplier in Large size spells have. Making it weaker than the 4 damage to 4 entities a second in Ultra unit size. I don't know if this is due to rounding or not, or even if Warhammer does rounding, and the health bar just shows the closest approximation, so it can seem like it does more as the health bar adjusts after adding together the damage. I assume fractional damage is still dealt.
    oh sorry you meant entities in a unit. My bad. Yeah, I don't go into specifics but in my experience it roughly deals something in the 20-50 damage range per second so you're right.
Sign In or Register to comment.