Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

message for CA for next dlc

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,924
    It would be good if CA did do a final DLC for each faction. Complete any obvious issues and attempt to balance the different LLs (Compare Ikit to Tretch for example).
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,035
    @Ares354
    life is not fair, some will get more others will get less, disrespectful for fans that came before how so?
    stop being jealous, it achieves nothing.

I like brets over every other factions but they will never get dlc level treatment.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia

That's simply not happening.

HE need 3 units to be complete as is. And don't need a rework. Just a LL that's hard.

they can get some more units from other sources, but dlc on this scale also help greenskins to get much larger chunk of missing units. like I said this helps both races
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,170

@Ares354
    life is not fair, some will get more others will get less, disrespectful for fans that came before how so?

I like brets over every other factions but they will never get dlc level treatment.

Game is not life, we are both equal, and we both paid MONEY for content. And I dont like idea to give other race more content just because. He is not better customer then me.

Bretonnia was flc, i would pay to get dlc for them, hardly is that problematic for me. But we dont talk Bretonnia

HE need 3 units to be complete as is. And don't need a rework. Just a LL that's hard.

they can get some more units from other sources, but dlc on this scale also help greenskins to get much larger chunk of missing units. like I said this helps both races
    But that dont matter to CA or GW. Both LM, Empire, Skaven, DE could get more units from dlc, yet they didint.

That would not help those race ?
  • fireatwill4fireatwill4 Registered Users Posts: 205
    @kasunrathnatunga As great as that would that's outside the realm of possibility with the time alocated for the production of the next LP factoring in the DLC and rework for 3K as well as the GS rework and the rumoured WE FLC. The best we can hope (since all LPs show always a disparity in content quality regarding the races included) is that all effort and budget goes to GS and that as little is done and added to HE as possible (much like Q&C, two low effort units, maybe one hero, one LL with no unique mechanics and no generic lord) so that all that's left out can be brought by Imrik on game three. That way enough units are left out for a possible HE rework/DLC on game three, GS get their rework, their DLC, their missing units and everyone is happy. So by all means let all effort go to GS and let the HE be as lopsided and underwhelming as it could possibly be, the more reason for CA to put more effort on the next.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,797

Not really.

I'd sooner the Orcs get 2 LPs.

Regardless the DLC is already in production. It's months too late to change it.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,901
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

People dont have realistic expectations for dlc.

4 LL, 2 big overhauls in same dlc, yea dream on. For some money as was H&B, and last with Malus.

you know that the lp price Is going to go up with 4ll which basically race pack size

I thought that the price increases was clear
    And what make you sure CA even think about that ? They didint to it for Empire, LM, Skaven, DE. And some of those race miss Lord option, units varints and so on.

CA never did Lord Pack with 4 LL, for 2 race, never spoke about idea. Maybe game 3, now, doubtful. And its very unfair to all race who come before btw. Empire still miss 2 AB Lords option, Dwarf dont have range LL lord, or even generic one, but V.Count got a lot of Lords option for some unknow reason.
    To be fair, CA never did a lord pack with two generic character types a side until the last one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're going to see four-LL lord packs any time soon, but there is precedent for CA going beyond past precedents.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

4 LL, 2 big overhauls in same dlc, yea dream on. For some money as was H&B, and last with Malus.

you know that the lp price Is going to go up with 4ll which basically race pack size

And what make you sure CA even think about that ? They didint to it for Empire, LM, Skaven, DE. And some of those race miss Lord option, units varints and so on.

CA never did Lord Pack with 4 LL, for 2 race, never spoke about idea. Maybe game 3, now, doubtful. And its very unfair to all race who come before btw. Empire still miss 2 AB Lords option, Dwarf dont have range LL lord, or even generic one, but V.Count got a lot of Lords option for some unknow reason.
    we said the same about crossover race packs as well

I think DLCs are already made way before announcing them. Like 6 months before if im not wrong.

no they don't make them in advance as far I am aware
    And, cross pack still come with 2 paid LL, for both race.

Again, you want GS and HE with 4 LL, fine, then for next 3 years no more GS and HE because other race need more LL and other stuff.
    You say that like it's not going to be the case anyway.

I highly doubt either of them are going to get a third lord pack in TWW2's lifetime, and when TWW3 rolls around, CA is probably going to focus on new races for a bit. Consider how much of a gap there was between the formal announcement of TWW2 and Hunter and Beast dropping, and TWW3 hasn't even been formally announced yet.
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

I think DLCs are already made way before announcing them. Like 6 months before if im not wrong.

Pretty sure it's planned long before it's released. They already said that when they did Tiktaq'to, both Nakai and Gor Rok were already planned for instance.
    Based from what was said after Prophet and Warlock, the majority of the work for any given DLC happens after the DLC before it is released. They probably do know what they're going to do a few months before that, though.
    Ares354 said:

@Ares354

Game is not life, we are both equal, and we both paid MONEY for content. And I dont like idea to give other race more content just because. He is not better customer then me.
    Honestly, at this point, this feels like an argument TO give High Elves a bigger pack. Dark Elves, Skaven, and Lizardmen all got more out of their first pack each than High Elves, and have now had two apiece. So if everyone's equal, shouldn't the High Elves get a bigger pack to compensate?

(Double size probably is a bit much to expect, but still. High Elves currently have half the generic lord options that other core races have, and that's if you count Princes and Princesses as genuinely distinct choices. The extra hero they got in Q&C instead of a lord has now been offset by Dark Elves and Skaven each getting an extra hero each in S&B, and the High Elves got less units in Q&C than any other race did in any lordpack. If it's a question of being fair and equal... I'd say that both the High Elves and the Greenskins deserve a more robust lordpack than S&B.)
    Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

To be fair, CA never did a lord pack with two generic character types a side until the last one.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're going to see four-LL lord packs any time soon, but there is precedent for CA going beyond past precedents.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Again, you want GS and HE with 4 LL, fine, then for next 3 years no more GS and HE because other race need more LL and other stuff.

I highly doubt either of them are going to get a third lord pack in TWW2's lifetime, and when TWW3 rolls around, CA is probably going to focus on new races for a bit. Consider how much of a gap there was between the formal announcement of TWW2 and Hunter and Beast dropping, and TWW3 hasn't even been formally announced yet.
    neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Pretty sure it's planned long before it's released. They already said that when they did Tiktaq'to, both Nakai and Gor Rok were already planned for instance.
    Based from what was said after Prophet and Warlock, the majority of the work for any given DLC happens after the DLC before it is released. They probably do know what they're going to do a few months before that, though.
    Ares354 said:

@Ares354

Honestly, at this point, this feels like an argument TO give High Elves a bigger pack. Dark Elves, Skaven, and Lizardmen all got more out of their first pack each than High Elves, and have now had two apiece. So if everyone's equal, shouldn't the High Elves get a bigger pack to compensate?

(Double size probably is a bit much to expect, but still. High Elves currently have half the generic lord options that other core races have, and that's if you count Princes and Princesses as genuinely distinct choices. The extra hero they got in Q&C instead of a lord has now been offset by Dark Elves and Skaven each getting an extra hero each in S&B, and the High Elves got less units in Q&C than any other race did in any lordpack. If it's a question of being fair and equal... I'd say that both the High Elves and the Greenskins deserve a more robust lordpack than S&B.)
    In a perfect world that would be the case, but we all know that's not going to happen. I'd rather things roll as everyone expect them to be, all effort goes into GS so they are complete and HE gets another Q&C treatment with as little content, mechanics and units as possible so everything that's left over and the resources saved are employed in a proper DLC on game three. We all know where the brunt of the effort will go based on previous LPs and then incoming rework for GS. There's nothing to believe this one will be any different. At least if enough units are left out and the HE side of the DLC turns out to be subpar and mediocre as we expect it to be, all the better, maybe it might push CA to overcompensate on game 3. We have waited thus far and we can wait more if that's what it takes.
  • kelembribor21kelembribor21 Registered Users Posts: 210

dear CA,

after much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that both high elf and greenskins need big rework.

for that purpose I propose a 4 LL lord pack with imrik and elithreon for helf.

Grom and sangLa/ rotgut for greenskins.

I ask for everone in fourm to support this.

best,
    k

I agree on whatever stops Maedrethnir spamming for Imrik.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Guys...best DLC idea that we know CA devs would most enjoy making, hence greater chance of producing higher quality -

Vampire Rats vs Vampire Lizards. You know you want it.

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

In a perfect world that would be the case, but we all know that's not going to happen. I'd rather things roll as everyone expect them to be, all effort goes into GS so they are complete and HE gets another Q&C treatment with as little content, mechanics and units as possible so everything that's left over and the resources saved are employed in a proper DLC on game three. We all know where the brunt of the effort will go based on previous LPs and then incoming rework for GS. There's nothing to believe this one will be any different. At least if enough units are left out and the HE side of the DLC turns out to be subpar and mediocre as we expect it to be, all the better, maybe it might push CA to overcompensate on game 3. We have waited thus far and we can wait more if that's what it takes.

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

a third helf dlc is not guaranteed!!!!!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,641

dear CA,

after much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that both high elf and greenskins need big rework.

for that purpose I propose a 4 LL lord pack with imrik and elithreon for helf.

Grom and sangLa/ rotgut for greenskins.

I ask for everone in fourm to support this.

best,
    k

I agree on whatever stops Maedrethnir spamming for Imrik.
    Laudation, I'm giving the laudation.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Everyone please stop derailing the thread and support both helf and greenskins to get equal treatment and equal quality dlc.

Please don't hate the helf's.it is not there fault for being second best after knights of bretonnia

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

If enough HE units are left out in the next DLC, it might happen.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,637

Everyone please stop derailing the thread and support both helf and greenskins to get equal treatment and equal quality dlc.

Please don't hate the helf's.it is not there fault for being second best after knights of bretonnia

Even if they gave both stuff that was grand people would still complain one got it better. Even if both comparable, or they simply got what was missing from their roster.

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

The thing is there is no saying that every single unit for every single faction will come.

Thats why i am pushing for larger dlc. That way helf would not get the shaft again
    Nyxilis said:

Even if they gave both stuff that was grand people would still complain one got it better. Even if both comparable, or they simply got what was missing from their roster.
    True, but the amount of complaining will be less. And we will have more content. Which is better than less content

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

The thing is there is no saying that every single unit for every single faction will come.

Thats why i am pushing for larger dlc. That way helf would not get the shaft again
    The intention is good, but at this stage in the development cycle it's a bit too late. Making all that content in such a short amount of time is nothing short of impossible. I'd rather have less in the next DLC and another DLC after that of a higher quality.

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

@Ares354

The intention is good, but at this stage in the development cycle it's a bit too late. Making all that content in such a short amount of time is nothing short of impossible. I'd rather have less in the next DLC and another DLC after that of a higher quality.
    I think they might have started on dlc at this point. They usually start a dlc after the patch of the other one hits.
    But since there were well holiday in between i doubt they have started before new year.
  • GrenefellGrenefell Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited January 7
    Sorry, there was something here, but probably better not to put it.
    Post edited by Grenefell on
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,637

Nyxilis said:

True, but the amount of complaining will be less. And we will have more content. Which is better than less content
    Kinda, even on dlc that I have found to be amazing or a new bar has had a lot of complaints. Be it lore, mechanics, roster, ll choice. Even if it is popular and sells well. I feel like you need to reread the forums and Reddit. Haha

Many race lacks Lord option ,HE arent first, will not be last. In terms of mechanic, i said nothing, i said its no fair to give more LL just because OP say so.
    Ares354 said:

Many race lacks Lord option ,HE arent first, will not be last. In terms of mechanic, i said nothing, i said its no fair to give more LL just because OP say so.
    How is not fair?
    That should not be the case at all?

Ca just need to do bigger lord packs. For the remaining stuff.
    Ares354 said:

Many races lack Lord options, but if you're talking about 'equality', High Elves are definitely worse off than their Game 2 peers. The only races that have it worse than High Elves now in terms of generic lords are Tomb Kings and Norsca, and nobody complains about the idea of them being brought up to par.

High Elves are clearly behind their Game 2 core peers when it comes to implemented material. The "equal" thing to do, with their second lord pack, is to put them on at least reasonably equal footing with the other game 2 core races.

Ares354 said:

How is not fair?
    That should not be the case at all?

Ca just need to do bigger lord packs. For the remaining stuff.
    Ofc, starting from game 3.

Fair is to change Lord Pack at the end of developing life time of game 2? , because some fan found race like GS and HE deserve more LL in Lord Pack. And who are you to tell that ? why you didint talk about it when it was DE and Skaven dlc, etc.

It easy to find new idea for race you love, and for those you dont care, stay silent.
    Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Many races lack Lord options, but if you're talking about 'equality', High Elves are definitely worse off than their Game 2 peers. The only races that have it worse than High Elves now in terms of generic lords are Tomb Kings and Norsca, and nobody complains about the idea of them being brought up to par.

High Elves are clearly behind their Game 2 core peers when it comes to implemented material. The "equal" thing to do, with their second lord pack, is to put them on at least reasonably equal footing with the other game 2 core races.
    Ask CA to make dlc to DLC, I am fine with it. I am fine with adding Lord option if race need it, but add 2 LL on top of that, because OP feels they need it, its pure bs.

I feel WE need way more love then HE ? and who give a damn about WE ?

You want ot talk about how peer of Game 1 core Empire had it ? in game 1 life time ? HE dont have that bad, not even close. Non of you know what HE will get, so this is quite pointless to talk about how bad or good they will be.
    edited January 9
    Ares354 said:

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

Ask CA to make dlc to DLC, I am fine with it. I am fine with adding Lord option if race need it, but add 2 LL on top of that, because OP feels they need it, its pure bs.

You want ot talk about how peer of Game 1 core Empire had it ? in game 1 life time ? HE dont have that bad, not even close. Non of you know what HE will get, so this is quite pointless to talk about how bad or good they will be.
    Sure, the game 1 DLC races need more as well. However, we're reasonably certain that the High Elves are getting their second DLC soon, and saying that the High Elves don't deserve to be brought up to the same level as the other races that have received two lordpacks just because other races have it worse is a relative privation fallacy.

Particularly when you're comparing to Wood Elves and Empire specifically, since they currently have more complete lists and more diverse generic lord options than High Elves have. Sure, it took the Empire a while to get a second lord pack, but it's here now, and it's more likely that they'll get a third in game 3 than High Elves will due to geographic proximity.
    Post edited by Draxynnic on
    Ares354 said:

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

it is not bs, I doesn't matter what state other races are in. it is more less certain that we will get he vs greenskin dlc. I want bigger dlc for them.

I am talking about them not other races. we will talk about them when it Is there turn. plus If we get a bigger lord pack now it will set the stage for bigger lord packs for other races.

stop being jealous

Ares354 said:

Draxynnic said:

Ares354 said:

it is not bs, I doesn't matter what state other races are in. it is more less certain that we will get he vs greenskin dlc. I want bigger dlc for them.

I am talking about them not other races. we will talk about them when it Is there turn. plus If we get a bigger lord pack now it will set the stage for bigger lord packs for other races.

stop being jealous

Tell me when CA give Empire flc lord, after all, other core race did get one. oh they didint, but by your logic if they do something for one race, second get that too ? no....

you logic FAIL right here, right now. Because CA do something for one race, dont mean they do for the other, Empire IS perfect example.

You may want bigger dlc, but we all want bigger, why should your be the one. Fair can be to start from game 3. Some race got their turn and got **** dlc, so should HE and GS.

All customer are equal.