Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WARHAMMER II – Status Update

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 333Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
Hi everyone, just a quick update on the status of WARHAMMER II.

We are aware of the bugs you have been reporting. We are currently working on a patch which will be released before the next WARHAMMER II DLC. However, please do keep in mind that most of the studio have been back for a week or even less, so while we’re doing our best, some of these bugs were introduced with the last DLC, and there hasn’t been much work time between then and now.

We are aware of the importance of some of these bugs, and we can reassure you that our development team are working hard (as always) to do their best to improve these. We’re aiming to get the patch out within the next few weeks, but development is always subject to change – so while we're giving you the proposed timeline, we're also asking for your understanding if this changes.

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 5,408Registered Users
    What are these bugs?

I'm kind of relieved, just updated my graphic card drivers and the game is running like a dream.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Posts: 392Registered Users
    They announced on twitter that another dlc is coming
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 1,296Registered Users
    It would be nice if you could have somewhere a list of confimed bugs you are working on.

This way it would be esier for us to know if we have te report something new, or not needed.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,883Registered Users

What are these bugs?

I'm kind of relieved, just updated my graphic card drivers and the game is running like a dream.

for example DE master cannot have followers

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 3,106Registered Users

What are these bugs?

save games getting corrupted for a lot of people making them unable to continue their save

I am one of the affected users

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,849Registered Users
    edited January 10

What are these bugs?

------Red Dox
  • SerPusSerPus Posts: 490Registered Users

What are these bugs?

The new Lore of Ruin spell likes to disappear.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,580Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited January 10
    blaat said:

What are these bugs?

save games getting corrupted for a lot of people making them unable to continue their save

I am one of the affected users
    I know CA is trying to investigate this one because I've seen them asking for vanilla saves, but so far without success as far as I know.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 712Registered Users
    Thank you for the update.

If possible please work with mod makers such as CeltiK and MINOS to incorporate bug fixes and AI improvements into TWW2.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • LewyoneLewyone Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    Please CA apply hotfix to adress save game corruption . Don't take few weeks to adress this issue cause the game right now is unplayable. Sooner or later the game will corrupt your saves and you will lose your entire campaign . Take your time with the patch that will adress another bugs but this one need to be hotfixed asap . I have more than 1000 hours in Warhammer 2 and this is the first time I am experiencing game breaking bug that cannot be fixed by mods . Maybe post some workaround to this bug or anything .
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 999Registered Users
    steph74 said:

It would be nice if you could have somewhere a list of confimed bugs you are working on.

This way it would be esier for us to know if we have te report something new, or not needed.

This. This is the kind of transparency we need.

I have been playing the Empire in the current Ordertide and trying to see if the Amber Wizards Griffon has been fixed in Campaign. It is rather frustrating to report these multiple times, not get any message to say they have noted and then still see the same bug again.

Amethyst Wizards missing Sigmar Wards Skill

Waystalker hero with Alith Anar blue glow and using both swords and bow in Campaign map

Handmaiden open hands whilst mounted.

I’ve mentioned these so much.

@CA_Ella thanks for the update. Please could they look into these? Some have been around for ages.
  • rambotop1playarambotop1playa Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited January 10
    lol Fix the race switching during QB when someone suddenly switches at the last second during countdown to a saved build with a race which counters the race you have chosen.
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Posts: 379Registered Users
    Thank you for the update. It's very much appreciated
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 324Registered Users
    edited January 10
    Can you please give some info about Warhammer 3 soon, or at least some estimation of which year it is likely to come? And how many more DLCs are planned for WH2? We know one more is coming, but is there more than that planned?
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 785Registered Users

lol Fix the race switching during QB when someone suddenly switches at the last second during countdown to a saved build with a race which counters the race you have chosen.

If they do that then it will be the last time they play against me so not really a big deal
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 741Registered Users

Fix the dlc's centerpiece unit
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 3,040Registered Users
    Hopefully they will end the bloody order doomtide.
  • SteamageSteamage Posts: 449Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

End`s my Malekith campagne right now, there a literally 7 full stack on my way and soon more comes, as i was to slow to confortarate Morathi but her sister and of course she is useless..
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,387Registered Users
    And I recall a debate about the holiday time not delaying things. Hah.
  • NEARCHOSNEARCHOS Posts: 123Registered Users
    Adove all!!Fix the ordertide and the completely passive death/chaos/destruction factions, whatever other item, weapon, follower etc bug they fix, it wouldnt change the overall broken campaign!!
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,614Registered Users
    Didn’t experienced my bugs but always good to get an update. Keep up the great work CA!

One thing than bothers me is that Vlad only starts with 1 settlement while Manfred controls everything. This turned Vlad into a Vagabond that never survives longer than turn 20. Could you please give Western Sylvania to Vlad and eastern Sylvania to Manfred?
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 532Registered Users
    Vlad fixed? Ordertide gone?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,405Registered Users
    Steamage said:

neodeinos said:

End`s my Malekith campagne right now, there a literally 7 full stack on my way and soon more comes, as i was to slow to confortarate Morathi but her sister and of course she is useless..
    would it be better for you if it were 7 Doomstacks of a destruction race?
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 532Registered Users

Steamage said:

neodeinos said:

would it be better for you if it were 7 Doomstacks of a destruction race?
    Random is better.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    steph74 said:

Agreed. If they could use something like a Trello Board with bugs listed as top priority, game-breaking, unit bugs, design bugs, etc. It would really be more transparent and help the community know what's going on.

They could list an email to report new bugs as well. Helps the gaming community know how fast CA is looking at the Trello Board and updating it(after verifying the bug of course).
  • registerthisregisterthis Posts: 11Registered Users
    Black ark followers don't appear to have any effect, even when the admiral is in port.

Maybe this is also a good time to give the hag's an upgrade option other than three leadership based upgrades, and why not a horse-mount for the assassin?

On a side note, the AI seems better in the campaign. I played with Malus and thought that it was more challenging (even though I was largely shielded from the doom tides). However, I did still see the AI often razing a city, then going on to colonize it right afterwards, so that could still use a fix.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 781Registered Users
    I’ve had three pretty dumb bugs that I hope will be fixed. 1. Beastmen dying before I can do the warpsword quest for Malus. So I just never get that regeneration. 2 Beastmaster skill tree skills that reduce time it takes to recruit monsters just doesn’t work. Me spending a skill point there was useless. 3. Both Vlad and Red Duke colobated Naggaorth in my Campaign which normally I think it would be cool but they aren’t at war and have no diplomacy with a single faction in Naggaroth.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,864Registered Users
    Thanks for the update - I’ve been following Paradox’s forums a bit over the last weeks and the quality of development blogs, communications and transparency of future content is absolutely superb there - the sort of in-depth insight I’d certainly like to see more of here in 2020.

neodeinos said:

That’s not a bug, that’s a balance issue. There’s nothing there that’s an issue of coding, just a result of the evolution of the game.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 3,040Registered Users

Thanks for the update - I’ve been following Paradox’s forums a bit over the last weeks and the quality of development blogs, communications and transparency of future content is absolutely superb there - the sort of in-depth insight I’d certainly like to see more of here in 2020.

neodeinos said:

That’s not a bug, that’s a balance issue. There’s nothing there that’s an issue of coding, just a result of the evolution of the game.
    I know it's not a bug but no one should have to wait months to have an enjoyable campaign with evil factions because the order factions are steamrolling everything.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,605Registered Users
    A few weeks? Y’all can just wait a week or two additional weeks until the next dlc release ;)