Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dwarves Not Aggressive?

Hammer145Hammer145 Registered Users Posts: 11
How much do Dwarves seem to expand in your campaigns? In my last ME campaign the Dwarves near Sylvania never made moves to take mountain provinces. The Vamps for some reason, took mountain land near them. Then I razed those settlements. A hundred turns later, and those Dwarves with a single region(not province) made no moves to settle those open regions. And in my current Vortex campaign the Dwarves close to the jungle have been at war with their Greenskin neighbors forever. But despite having 3 armies, they have made no moves to attack them. I have a lot of mods. But only one really effects the ai in relation to settlements. But it's only suppose to make them less likely to settle/occupy land that they aren't suited to.

Comments

• Rebel4ever85Rebel4ever85 Registered Users Posts: 126
    HoneyBun said:

I think that is mods.

For most of us Empire gets massive and is allied to a massive dwarf empire and the HE and Brets.

We call it Order-tide

And it sucks.

No it doesn't its completely accurate the problem is that factions who don't fit into chaos or order sides find themselves alone. The order factions DO co-operate to fight chaos.

The problem is the likes of Skaven, Dark Elves and Vampire counts don't have a big Alliance they form so what usually happens is one of the great alliance of order declares war on you and basically you have half the map turn hostile over night.
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Registered Users Posts: 483
    Dwarfs not aggressive?

Try withholding the Bugmans.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,867
    Wondering if we're playing the same game. Most mine even on normal difficulty ended up with large dwarf doomstacks numbering up to fourteen, and getting steamrolled. That was the last I played it. Probably won't until game three now or until CA actually fixes the dwarf question that's been a glaring problem since game one.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375

HoneyBun said:

I think that is mods.

For most of us Empire gets massive and is allied to a massive dwarf empire and the HE and Brets.

We call it Order-tide

And it sucks.

No it doesn't its completely accurate the problem is that factions who don't fit into chaos or order sides find themselves alone. The order factions DO co-operate to fight chaos.

The problem is the likes of Skaven, Dark Elves and Vampire counts don't have a big Alliance they form so what usually happens is one of the great alliance of order declares war on you and basically you have half the map turn hostile over night.
    considering that Skaven and Dark Elves are the most backstabby races in Warhammer, maybe short of the Hobgoblinys, them having such a mechanic wouldn't fit at all
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • NEARCHOS3NEARCHOS3 Registered Users Posts: 139
    Lucifer said:

Wondering if we're playing the same game. Most mine even on normal difficulty ended up with large dwarf doomstacks numbering up to fourteen, and getting steamrolled. That was the last I played it. Probably won't until game three now or until CA actually fixes the dwarf question that's been a glaring problem since game one.

Ive also stoped playing WH because of this, I will start again, if they fix the order OP and the VC, norsca etc passive behavior.
  • EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Registered Users Posts: 108
    AkiAmaz said:

Dwarfs not aggressive?

Or playing as the skaven. When I played as snikch they were my friends because I was taking care of the greenskins. The moment I finished my job they declared war on me pulling the empire and bretonnia into it. That's gratitude for you.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,395
    EvilJoshy said:

AkiAmaz said:

Dwarfs not aggressive?

Or playing as the skaven. When I played as snikch they were my friends because I was taking care of the greenskins. The moment I finished my job they declared war on me pulling the empire and bretonnia into it. That's gratitude for you.
    That's what you get for trying to go the easy route and placating the Dwarfs rather than helping GS beat them back.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 10,892
    Crossil said:

EvilJoshy said:

AkiAmaz said:

Dwarfs not aggressive?

That's what you get for trying to go the easy route and placating the Dwarfs rather than helping GS beat them back.
    The dawi pulled one over skaven. Now
    I can drink to that
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • foureyes85foureyes85 Registered Users Posts: 175
    edited January 2020
    Hammer145 is writing about two small factions the Zhufbar dwarfs and the Karak Zorn dwarfs. They tend to be very passive. I have seen the latter fight skaven/wood elves and take settlements, but that occurred after I had wiped out the greenskins in the mountains. In contrast, the dwarfs lead by Thorgrim Grudgebearer tend to become dominant and confederate the small dwarf factions.
  • EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Registered Users Posts: 108
    Crossil said:

EvilJoshy said:

AkiAmaz said:

Dwarfs not aggressive?

I need to learn there are certain factions you should just not ally with because they will back stab you when it is convenient. I did a Ikit campaign a few months ago where instead of wiping out the greenskins near me and being nice to the dwarfs I did the opposite. I was nice to the greens and wiped out the smaller dwarfs factions before they got confeded. I took care of bretonnia myself, the greenskins drove the dwarfs to Khemri nearly wiping them out, then by the time the empire declared war on me chaos showed up. After enough time I had to fight the greenskins despite being on good terms with them from turn 1. At least they dont have massive allies to call for help.