Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Prediction about Future Content for WH1/WH2 races

2»

Comments

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,167
    Be interesting if CA decide to create a Fimir character as a new LL for Norsca

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,888
    Timpeyo said:

While being a good idea in general, I would not bet on it.
    • Afaik they never had a special character. And not even some obscure lore name would come to mind here.
    • It would be way easier to pick up some other WoC Undivided character or some random Norse lore name to fledge out something. Espeically when the idea would be a game#2 character for Skeggi.
    • Since CA said after Vampirates+Cylostra they are not eager to relive the experience of making stuff from scratch, what hope could a Fimir LL get?
    ------Red Dox
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 2,046
    Timpeyo said:

I doubt it. But they definitely could use fimir generic lord. Plus a skinwolf generic lord.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 45
    edited January 12
    Good discussion guys! Now lets move on and start the real topics of debate. The future content of all the races individually, once they're finished. Lets start off with one of the races I layed out in my predicted DLCs.

The Wood Elves

Summary:
    The Wood Elves really need to stretch out their proverbial wings so to speak. Therefore, any new additions to Athel Loren itself are out of the question. As it stands, the Wood Elves have 2 lords, Orion and Durth. Will the Wood Elves have 6 lords like everybody else? Definetly no, there's nowhere near enough viable WE locations for that. A more reasonable assumption is 4, MAYBE 5. In fact, we've already mentioned in the discussions so far who those lords should be, so lets just go through this right away.

1. Araloth's Expedition to the Southlands & the Wood Elf Rework
    Araloth the Bold is the Champion of Queen Ariel herself, but there is a problem. He is the lore-historical lord of Talsyn, which is where Orion hangs out. The only way to do justice to the Wood Elves, you need detail on the scale of the Season of Revelation, but this is the ME map, so we can't afford that. Now Oreon's Camp is a very old, obscure reference to a ROR, its not an actual WE realm. This I find hardly an appropriate for the Queen of Athel Loren or the Briarmaven of Woe. That leaves Araloth as the next likely candidate. As I explained in the DLC projection, my main reasoning for bringing in a WE rework before WH3 is to allow further development to focus on Chaos, whether it be Warriors, Daemons or Beastmen. So Araloth being a regular Elf would rather naturally bring with him what remains to add among the Elves themselves. This includes the Chaos-hunting Ghost Striders, the Glade Captain hero and the Spellweaver Lords of the 8th addition armybook and lets also throw in some sort of Unicorn monster/cavalry unit for good measure. A perfectly balanced addition in my opinion.

2. Drycha, the Shadow of the WH3 Haunted Forest
    WH3 will have a dark storyline indeed. Blackened Chaos Dwarf factories, Chaos Daemons, renewed Vampire threats and Skaven under every rock. It only then makes to represent the Dark Side of the WEs in the Haunted Forest with a malevolent and spiteful forest spirit: Drycha. Its well established that the WEs have elements of both good and evil in their society and here is the chance to dive into the darkness. Drycha might start as some form of horde-like faction, as a stationary tree-realm would not be the best way to represent how Drycha roams the world. Now this might be either a DLC or she could come playable on launch-day, but that might be hoping for too much. But in a DLC though, as for her followers, she hates the Elves, so therefore her introduction will focus more on inhabitants and spirits of the forest. Spites are just that, shapeshifting forest spirits prone to aggressiveness and murder. Alongside them, we might see a generic Branchwraith lord, just like CA did with Nakai and his ancient Kroxigors, a herd of feral great stags as natural cavalry and a Shadowdancer Hero, because its still kinda thematic and I have nowhere else to put them.

3. Ariel, Queen of Athel Loren and in this case, Laurelorn
    Since Athel Loren is so crowded, lets go with the 2nd best option. Laurelorn is an actual WE realm with its own seperate identity. I see no better alternative, other than boring 2nd lord for Orion, to have the WE Queen in than this. Also due note here, that if we don't get a WE start for WH2, then we can just as well skip Araloth completely and just copypaste in the content I defined for his DLC onto Ariel instead, as well as being joined by the special twin heroes Naestra & Arahan, who I imagine can function a bit like Gotrek & Felix, but unique to the Wood Elves. Maybe, since its Laurelorn, we can get some Kithband Warriors as well, who knows. And btw, when WH3 comes out, CA won't have the luxury of keeping DLCs specific to the current game's map anymore, so that's not a hinderance to getting a new start in the old world. I mean how else are they gonna make Boris Todbringer playable? Stick him somewhere in the Dark Lands? N.O. Means NO!
  • Rebelever85Rebelever85 Registered Users Posts: 115
    edited January 12
    Wood Elf rework with Ariel would be my choice.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,223
    Draxynnic said:

Finubar can and has led armies, it's just that when it comes to High Elf Princes, he's nothing special in that department.

It depends on the storyline CA would follow. Non canon Asuryan blessed Finubar can come with quite godly powers. Even canonical one can offer a new take on HE gameplay with special embassies buildings etc.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 2,549
    2 warhammer dlc in 2020, and long term warhammer 3 in 2021...nice way to kill hype for warhammer at this point.

Draxynnic said:

Finubar can and has led armies, it's just that when it comes to High Elf Princes, he's nothing special in that department.

It depends on the storyline CA would follow. Non canon Asuryan blessed Finubar can come with quite godly powers. Even canonical one can offer a new take on HE gameplay with special embassies buildings etc.
    I would still not place any bets for Finubar, as Lothern definetly does not need a 2nd lord
    Ares354 said:

2 warhammer dlc in 2020, and long term warhammer 3 in 2021...nice way to kill hype for warhammer at this point.

Well there's Troy for you too, CA can't do everything at once. Plus more Three Kingdoms content.

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 705

Well there's Troy for you too, CA can't do everything at once.

CA Sofia(former Black Sea Studios) is making Troy.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,908
    I honestly think there'll be more than 2 DLCs for Warhammer this year. Possibly 2 LL packs and a Norsca style pack for game 3. There's also a good chance we will hear about WH3.

I honestly think there'll be more than 2 DLCs for Warhammer this year. Possibly 2 LL packs and a Norsca style pack for game 3. There's also a good chance we will hear about WH3.

A first look for sure and a preliminary release date I would say. Until then, we got lots more races to discuss and theorize about.
    Well there's Troy for you too, CA can't do everything at once. Plus more Three Kingdoms content.

First of all, Troy look like some kind of joke. It this Age of Mythology ? or what ? Semi fiction ? I dont like it, if game cant decide what is it. I dont play Tree Kindoms, nor I will play bs Troy. I would play something in XV -XVI century tho, from TW series.

If you will have 4 month per dlc, you may get GS vs HE late April, or May, then you have after summer second chance for dlc, or it will be pre-order stuff, and december game 3, or early 2021
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,908
    Ares354 said:

If you will have 4 month per dlc, you may get GS vs HE late April, or May, then you have after summer second chance for dlc, or it will be pre-order stuff, and december game 3, or early 2021
    The DLCs have been speeding up as of late, looking at the distance between the last 2. For all we know this could be the last LL pack, followed by a pre order and then a November release for game 3.
    Alright, moving on from the Wood Elves, who we talked about a lot in the DLC discussion as well. Lets tackle the future about another race now.

Skaven

Summary:
    The Skaven has been one of the most regularly loved and updated races of WH2. They recieved 2 starting lords on release and have recieved an additional 2 DLC updates and an FLC. Their roster includes 2 significant Warlord Clans and 3 out of 4 Great Clans. The inclusion of Clan Eshin proves definitively that all major Clans will be added. And it just so happens, that the majority of missing content for the Skaven is connected to the last Great Clan. However, the question here is not so much as to what will be added as to when it will actually be. With this clan though, the Skaven will reach the ideal number of 6 Lords, but there are 2 more significant characters in their lore that can be justified as necessary.

1. The well-certain Moulder DLC, but when will it come?
    We have all the Eshin assassins. We have all the Skryre weapon teams. We have all the Pestilens disease spreaders. But, we have only SOME of the Moulder monsters. We're missing the monster rats of various shapes and sizes and the keepers to lead them. This will shape up nicely for a last DLC for the Skaven. But will it come for WH2, after the High Elf-Greenskins update, for WH3 on launch day or for a DLC later down the road? Thing is, as I said, the Skaven have been just pumping out content upon content for WH2. At first I wasn't even sure that Clan Eshin would make it in, but they did. This could indicate that CA wants to push out all major Skaven content before WH3 launches. Then again, Clan Moulder, with Hell Pit as a base in the north, is a pretty good candidate as a playable faction in WH3, depending on how far the map extends. Besides, with all the Chaos Daemons and other monsters set for game 3, wouldn't it also make sense to hold off Moulder till then to let the Skaven enter the stage with some fresh new muslces? I don't know tbh. Moulder is a strong candidate for WH2 DLC and is my next choice if the Norsca-Wood Elf DLC I talked about earlier is out of the question, since they are on the map already, just not playable. If they were to come for game 2, I imagine they would either start in the far northern wastelands in Naggaroth or in northwestern Lustria. I can't see them start in the current Southlands, sandwiched between Kroq-Gar, Malus Darkblade and Queek.

2. The remaining major candidates for FLC in WH3
    The introduction of Gotrek & Felix all but confirmed it. Thanquol is coming for WH3. But in what form? Hard to say, he might be handled just like G/F, being a temporary hireable lord for the Skaven. Or more likely, one of the Skaven front-faces of WH3. He could start somewhere in the World's Edge Mountains, wherever Karak Angkul is located and be given a campaign focused on the summoning of the Khorne Daemon Skarbrand, the greatest Bloodthirster in history. By my estimation now, the Skaven could have as many as 4 Lords in WH3: Thanquol, Throt and Moulder in Hell Pit, Tretch and Rictus at Crookback Mountain and Queek in Karak Eight Peaks, depending on just how much of the WEMs are included. But there could be another option as well. Skreech Verminking, the ultimate manifestation of the Horned Rat and leader of the Council of Thirteen. Likely an FLC if ever added, possibly along with some generic Verminlords, Skreech could be put in charge of Nagashizzar, which is where all Skaven united to stop Nagash once. Skreech's job will be to prevent any vampiric resurgence in the region, which should be very difficult and it will be up to Neferata coming down from the Silver Pinnacle to take her master's fortress back from the rats. With this, the Skaven will reach 8 Lords, a number I think will be the ultimate max for any race at the end of it all.

I really hope that CA won't use kitbashes from the White Dwarf.

SerPus said:

I really hope that CA won't use kitbashes from the White Dwarf.

I haven't read the White Dwarf, would you elaborate on what you're opposed to?

I haven't read the White Dwarf, would you elaborate on what you're opposed to?

There was this Warhammer Chronicles rubric where they posted all kinds of additional stuff for the players to spice up their games. And in one issue they made a Moulder army list with a bunch of new units. I just don't like these units.
    SerPus said:

There was this Warhammer Chronicles rubric where they posted all kinds of additional stuff for the players to spice up their games. And in one issue they made a Moulder army list with a bunch of new units. I just don't like these units.

I suppose replace the Chimaerat with some Flayerkin then to give them some Moulder-specific infantry, or a seperate Great Pox Rat

I suppose replace the Chimaerat with some Flayerkin then to give them some Moulder-specific infantry, or a seperate Great Pox Rat

CA likes to make sergeants into units of their own, so there is a chance for master-bred rat ogres. Also, giant rats and wolf rats are separate units, so CA might just add them both, but that's unlikely.
    Moving on to the next projection for the future of a Warhammer race

The Empire

Summary:
    As of WH2, the Empire roster includes 3 starting positions and 4 lords. The Emperor and the Pope at the capital, the Golden Wizard in Solland and the Huntsmarshall leading an invasion of Lustria. This last one I definetly did not see coming and it screwed up my plans somewhat, but that's a story for when I cover Bretonnia. As it stands, the Empire is missing one other major military leader, besides the ACTUAL ELECTOR COUNTS. There is a decent chance for further Empire content as WH2 winds down, but the major updates will have to wait until game 3. As I've said before, game 3 map-specific content will no longer be suffiecent to cover what remains, especially for races in the Old World, which means that DLCs focused on ME only will have to be launched. Its the only way to properly cover what remains for the Empire. My projection will bring them up to 7 Lords and 6 different start positions, 4 in the Old World and 2 in the Vortex map.

1. The other marshall, crusader in the Southlands
    Reiksmarshall Kurt Helborg in charge of Sudenburg is a rather good candidate to come as an FLC for the remaining WH2 DLCs. This of course depends on moving Snikch and Clan Eshin away from El-Kalalabad up to Bel-Aliad instead to free up space for Sudenburg. As for other content, there could be room for the inclusion of the Reiksguard Foot and possibly the Knights Panther, who have a clear connection to the crusades against Araby. Ignoring the best possible Empire start in WH2 just wouldn't make sense, which is why Im rather confused as to placing Eshin in Sudenburg's province.

2. The universally demanded unlock of Middenland
    I hardly need to go through this, because we all know what we want/should get with this DLC. Unlocking Middenland and Boris and giving the Empire a good Ulric face-lift. Knights of the White Wolf and the Teutogen Guard, Warrior priests of the Ulrican faith and a knightly Grand Master. There might even be a possibility to get a legendary hero like Emil Valgeir the Ar-Ulric, Vorn Theugenheim the Standard Bearer or Rein Volkhard the captain of the White Wolves. As I said, no way that CA can keep the DLCs just to the WH3 map anymore. This will happen, in one form or another, preferably coming with a Sigmar-Ulric religion system for the Empire as well.

3. The Witch Hunter update and the entrance of the Mad Count

Marius Leitdorf is a major character in the Empire's 8th edition armybook and his realm borders both Sylvania and the Border Princes, so that could be a good argument to do a Witch Hunter update as well. Witch Hunter Templar as a lord and some regular Witch Hunter apprentices as infantry maybe? It would also bring in another legendary hero for the Empire. Either Ludwig Schwarzhelm, the Emperor's champion, because he is born in Averland or Alberic von Korden, because its a Witch Hunter DLC. It would have been a nice argument for bringing in the Knights of the Blazing Sun, but they are already in, so Im thinking either the Knights of the Raven, based in nearby Sylvania or the Knights of Sigmar's Blood, the other major order based in Averland.
    Moving on from the Empire, we will now talk about the fate of their closest allied race

The Dwarfs

Summary:
    Frankly, I don't believe we will see the Dwarfs in WH2 at all. The major characters and realms left to add just have no connection whatsoever to the New World and there are far better places to put them than to shoe-horn them in just to add some Dwarf flavour to the Vortex. No, the Dwarfs are far better to, along with Kislev, be the front-faces of Order in WH3. If the entire World's Edge Mountains are included into the map, then already Karaz-A-Karak and Karak Kadrin are basically given playables. Besides those, there is enough missing content to justify unlocking an additional 3 Dwarf factions, 2 through DLC spots and 1 FLC. And it just so happens that this missing content lines up nicely into specifically themed DLCs, which will bring them to 7 Lords and 6 starts overall. Lets go through it.

1. The Runesmiths & Engineers of Karak Azul
    Thorek Ironbrow is the last major named lord for the Dwarfs not yet implemented. As the Master Runelord of Karak Azul, he is in a wonderful position to be the leading Dwarf for WH3. Whether that means he will be in WH3 on launch is debatable, but if he were to come with a DLC, some interesting things might happen. The Dwarf army roster focuses on various kinds of Dwarfs, artillery and some aircraft. Now its time to look beyond that, to monsters and constructs. The Dwarfs don't just infuse their weapons with Rune Magic, they infused it into great golems, mechanical guardians and used it to tame the monsters of the deep tunnels. This is the time, with the Master Runelord and his companion Grimm Burloksson the Master Engineer, for the Dwarfs to bring out the big muscles that will allow them to hit the other races back hard. Thorek's mission in campaign will be to reestablish Dwarf rule in the southern WEMs.

2. The Slayers in the North
    The other major Dwarf content missing are various Slayer variants. And where would a Slayer go to be most likely to fulfill his oath of a glorious death? The north of course, where the monsters live. Kraka Drak, the Dragonhold, is the greatest northern Dwarf stronghold and with a slight redesign of Norsca, would be a wonderful starting position for a Slayer-themed DLC. Thorgard Cromson and his Norse Dwarfs, alongside Daemon, Dragon and Doomseeker Slayers will face off against the hordes of Chaos coming from the Northern Wastes. Your mission will be to retake the other Norse holds and solidify your power in Norsca. Long term, helping out Kislev stay united and strong will also benefit you. You are literally the first line of defense for Order against Chaos. Are you up to that challenge, Slayer?

3. The angry, wandering Master Brewer
    Did I mention he was angry? I bet you would be too after a horde of Greenskins destroyed your beloved brewery. An act of which he blames all Orcs, all Goblins, all Hobgoblins for. And what better argument for a playable Dwarf in the Mountains of Mourn than the Master Brewer on a personal crusade against the Hobgoblin Empire and whatever other Greenskins inhabit the Mourns? Plop him down in any of the abandoned holds and you are good to go!

What do you think guys?
    edited January 17
    ... (posted stuff here by mistake) never mind this perticular post, focus on Dwarfs