Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Things are falling into place for the new LP

BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 1,100Registered Users

Oh @Maedrethnir ~

There is also another hint in the new update from the Las Vegas open, but that won't be realized until much later.

Comments

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 3,062Registered Users
    edited January 24
    All the new AoS stuff is awesome. Seraphon finally getting their new battletome along with the Hysh Aelves being unleashed.
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,480Registered Users
    edited January 24
    Skitarii Cavarly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aelve Cavarly.

On a serious note, this model is going to be one of the most creative models in terms of trying to give the illusion of living armour, or alternatively it is going to be a fiddly mess that barely holds together that you cannot field at all because one touch and BANG he falls apart (and you though witch elves were delicate).

Although what is the relationship between and the existing phoenix guard etc and this lot.

Right now I am just interested in how GW are going to do "crossplay" with the AOS models and old world.
    edited January 24

On a serious note, this model is going to be one of the most creative models in terms of trying to give the illusion of living armour, or alternatively it is going to be a fiddly mess that barely holds together that you cannot field at all because one touch and BANG he falls apart (and you though witch elves were delicate).

Although what is the relationship between and the existing phoenix guard etc and this lot.

Right now I am just interested in how GW are going to do "crossplay" with the AOS models and old world.

Phoenix Temple are refugees who retreated into Azyr durign the Age of Chaos, and then later founded the Phoenecium in Ghyran during the Age of Sigmar.

These are the Aelves of Hysh who didn't fight in the Realmgate Wars or help construct the Cities of Sigmar.
  • alex33alex33 Posts: 1,089Registered Users
    Again with this stupid AoS crap. This has nothing to do with WHTW
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Posts: 334Registered Users
    Why are Bardic's posts always so cryptic? Not being critical just genuinely curious. Are they somehow more in the know than us mere mortals or?
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,358Registered Users

Why are Bardic's posts always so cryptic? Not being critical just genuinely curious. Are they somehow more in the know than us mere mortals or?

Oh come on, clearly he’s referring to the guy.

You know, the guy with the thing, at the place.

Right next to the other place with that one dude, from the other place with the thing.

I hope it’s clear now.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,935Registered Users
    edited January 24

I think some of the more diehard Tabletop fans just assume that everyone else is equally following Tabletops news, without understanding that most people are here from past Total War experience and/or are general fantasy fans, rather than former Tabletop players.

As for the post specifically...I had to look it up myself...but there apparently was a con event recently where Games Workshop revealed new figures coming out for the Tabletop...and among the figures released ^^this figure of Eltharion the Grim was shown.

The implication being that GW may be pressuring for forcing CA to release Eltharion over Imrik for the next Lord Pack as sort of a 'cross-promotional' thing...or at the very least, trying to generate extra buzz for the character so the new Tabletop model sells better due to people being exposed to the character the game.

^^It's not a bad theory, although hardly a guarantee or confirmation of Eltharion either. Either way...yeah I agree, a little more context in the post besides just the picture would have been helpful for those of us who aren't following the latest (or any) Tabletop news.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 4,056Registered Users
    Man some of the AoS stuff looks awesome, it’s such a shame the lore and writing is such dog ****.

They should have just updated the lore and the look of the old world factions instead of flushing a superior setting
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 8,112Registered Users
    AoS garbage
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 732Registered Users
    Why is everything in AoS a haunted set of armour? Don’t the new elves have faces then? Or are they like the sigmarines?

Could do with some more context and detail, OP, because I certainly don’t want whatever this is in TWW2.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 3,489Registered Users
    CA has no license for AoS crap, they are not allowed to use anything from there because it’s a different IP.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 2,134Registered Users

It's eerie. Was talking about Vorag Bloodytooth in a thread shortly after the anoucement of the Shadow and the Blade and he quote's me saying "speaking of Vorag, something of his will be coming very soon". I'm left thinking, 'yeah his fortress in the darklands, game 3, gotcha'. Then several days later we get the new extended ME map reveal with the Fortress of Vorag on the map.

@BardicInquisition is TOTALLY in the know.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    edited January 24

Why is everything in AoS a haunted set of armour? Don’t the new elves have faces then? Or are they like the sigmarines?

Could do with some more context and detail, OP, because I certainly don’t want whatever this is in TWW2.

This is one model dude, it's supposed to be an avatar. Also Stormcast Eternals are people within the armor.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,495Registered Users
    A simultaneous release of Aetlherion AoS & Aeltherion TW LL is very likely

which means next DLC could be coming in the next 2, max 3 months

they did it before with Gotrek

Just hope they don´t hide some TW features behind the purchase of some GW products...
    I´m OK with early access and stuff like that but excluding players from content

btw, the new AoS High Elves look absolutely legit
    but the best model of the preview is the White Scars Captain

so, duh..

• BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 732Registered Users

This is one model dude, it's supposed to be an avatar. Also Stormcast Eternals are people within the armor.
    It is one model, the one and only model so far released. So I assumed it was representative of the new race of elves. Is it not?

Also I did not know that the Stormcast had people within their armour, when I bought the first batch of them when AoS released and the book that came along with them it explained that they were suits of armour imbued with souls that didn't have any memory of who they were.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 22,126Registered Users

It is one model, the one and only model so far released. So I assumed it was representative of the new race of elves. Is it not?

Also I did not know that the Stormcast had people within their armour, when I bought the first batch of them when AoS released and the book that came along with them it explained that they were suits of armour imbued with souls that didn't have any memory of who they were.
    Then you didn't read their books all that thoroughly because that's completely wrong. Their bodies are reforged by Sigmar, and they remember who they were, unless they did too often in battle since that causes their souls to get frayed by Nagash trying to keep them for himself.

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,818Registered Users

Phoenix Temple are refugees who retreated into Azyr durign the Age of Chaos, and then later founded the Phoenecium in Ghyran during the Age of Sigmar.

These are the Aelves of Hysh who didn't fight in the Realmgate Wars or help construct the Cities of Sigmar.
    I think it's a little more complicated than that - the Phoenix Temple seem to be a religious group that caters to all aelves. So it might be less that they are technically refugees themselves, and more that they went where the refugees went.

It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that the Phoenix Temple has some relationship with the Lumineth as well. Their process of recruitment does seem to require the Ur-Phoenix, however, so there probably is only one true Phoenix Temple, even if it's moved a couple of times. So unless the Lumineth have secretly maintained contact with the Phoenix Temple somehow, this relationship has probably been put on hold for a while... but I could definitely see Teclis regarding reforging that relationship as a high priority.

edited January 24

You need to read the article. A cavalry unit, infantry unit, & Teclis have been revealed. Stormcasts were never suits of armor, they have always been reborn humans.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 1,086Registered Users
    Cant wait to see Eltharion, I hope we see the grim rather than the blind
    Soon
  • korradokortokorradokorto Posts: 48Registered Users
    cant stand the round base, and i found pretty funny they look like cynwall elves.

cool looking minis but cleary off topic tho.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 987Registered Users
    Barring Teclis, the new aelves model look surprisingly good. I still don't like AoS though.
    I kind of like the skitarii cav too.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Posts: 424Registered Users

Chances are they wont really, new WHH is likely to be limited to a few factions they can release lots of units for, most likely we'll only be seeing Empire and Chaos for a long time
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 2,248Registered Users
    Teclis looks absolutely terrible the other ones are cool tho!

This makes me think of Tha Grom.........We be gettin DA GROM!

• SerPusSerPus Posts: 486Registered Users
    Valkaar said:

The implication being that GW may be pressuring for forcing CA to release Eltharion over Imrik for the next Lord Pack as sort of a 'cross-promotional' thing...

Do they even need to force CA to do that? I mean, Eltharion is an obvious choice even without the possible promotion.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 8,012Registered Users
    Wow. What an absolutely terrible model, lol.

WTF is that thing on its head??

OMG I can't stop laughing... ah man that's a giant bag of suck, lol!
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,818Registered Users

Eh, depends on what you like. They're clearly going for different aesthetics. I presonally prefer the Dawnriders, albeit by a smaller margin - the Skitarii certainly have their own cyberpunk appeal.

I could see them just going "yeah, this is what High Elf spearmen/Silver Helms look like now".

The elites had changed a bit between editions, so the new incarnations could be regarded as a kingdom variation or something like that. Maybe these are what Silver Helms and Spearmen have always looked like if they come from Saphery.

There is a degree to which one could argue that these Spearmen are actually a closer fit to the rules - what they're wearing actually looks like light armour, when what the classic Spearmen wore would probably be classified as heavy armour if it was anyone but an elf wearing it. (In part because in 5th edition, it COULD be heavy armour.)

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 6,004Registered Users
    It all comes together. The numinous stars sing.

Magnificent models.

P.S. When eyes close... a moustache grows?
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• DukeusDukeus Junior Member Posts: 163Registered Users
    For those who dont follow Aos and dont get what that has to do with Totalwar.

The Model OP posted is named Avatar of Eltharion. And what Dlc do we expect to Happen next? Exactly.

I actually like the more ancient age Look of Aos
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,503Registered Users
    Well, wait until the full line is revealed before you get too full of it, there may be an "avatar of Calador" ot other Imrik reference coming.

But yeah, it is almost like Eltharion is a significantly more important HE character and so was one of the premiering returns....
  • kelembriborkelembribor Posts: 518Registered Users
    alex33 said:

Again with this stupid AoS crap. This has nothing to do with WHTW

It could have since Gortrek was released at similar time when AoS model and audio novel with Brian Blessed, now "Aelfs" of Hysh are released and one of the characters besides Teclis is the Light of Eltharion featured in op.