Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can we *PLEASE* get the ability to remove/forget traits?

StravaskStravask Registered Users Posts: 7
There are 58 Legendary Lords in total so far.

We are capped at I think 20 or 30 traits in Mortal Empires if I remember correctly.

I do not need 15 different variants of the mostly-unimportant-and-very-repetitive "+3 Leadership against X faction" trait.

For the love of god if we're going to be capped on the number of traits we can have, PLEASE let us remove the traits we don't want so we can get the ones that are cool and fun.

I didn't even know there was a trait limit until I played a Deathmaster Snikch "Headhunter" campaign where I wanted to take down every legendary lord in one playthrough (cuz, y'know, "Master Assassin"), and realized I was no longer getting traits.
I get that the cap probably exists for balance reasons.
What I don't get is why if I want to actually get the interesting traits I have to plain not use that lord except to battle other LLs because otherwise they get filled up with traits that, when a cap exists, feel incredibly frustrating clogging up slots.

I get that there's a mod that changes this, but they don't make compatibility patches for other mods, nor should they have to really, because imo this functionality really should be included in the game by default.

Comments

• sergisergi Member Registered Users Posts: 62
    The max number of traits for one character is 40, and in the current build of V1.8.2,
    it is stored in the memory address Warhammer2.exe+3198A10. You can edit that value if you don't mind.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,119
    CA should definitely do something here. Editing files should not be a solution, deleting traits is no solution either. Reworking and/or increasing the traits is a must. I mean at the end of the trilogy we will have 20 or more factions, so the half of your traits should be the +3 leaderdhip against.

They could put all +3 leadership in one trait and ypu collect the factions in this one trait.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,119
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

CA should definitely do something here. Editing files should not be a solution, deleting traits is no solution either. Reworking and/or increasing the traits is a must. I mean at the end of the trilogy we will have 20 or more factions, so the half of your traits should be the +3 leaderdhip against.

They could put all +3 leadership in one trait and you collect the factions in this one trait.

• BlackBear97BlackBear97 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Simply making it an option in the game setup would be awesome. Like some steam games disable achievements but then you can have the "cheats on" id even be happy with that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file