Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Color blind option

DemidrekDemidrek Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi guys

I was looking at one of my units in the army roster which was replenishing. And I can hardly tell the difference between the green of the unit and the yellow of what will have filled up by next turn.

Is there a setting somewhere for color blind mode or an addon in the workshop that can fix this?
I've looked a couple of times and couldn't find anything.

Comments

• DeathsDayOffDeathsDayOff Registered Users Posts: 479
    I'm not color blind, so I have never looked for an answer, but it might help if you put your mouse on the replenishment symbol, if will tell you how long it will take to get to full, so that would certainly help of you can't find something that will actually fox your problem
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,566
    Demidrek said:

Hi guys

I was looking at one of my units in the army roster which was replenishing. And I can hardly tell the difference between the green of the unit and the yellow of what will have filled up by next turn.

Is there a setting somewhere for color blind mode or an addon in the workshop that can fix this?
    I've looked a couple of times and couldn't find anything.

There is in your options menu :)

There's 3 different colorblind settings. If you're only slightly colorblind (like me) they might not help very much though. I'll go check the path to them really fast and get back to you.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,566
    Main Menu ---> Options ---> Game Settings

About 20% down the screen from top there's a pull down menu with three options.

CA has actually put more effort into helping the colorblind play their game than most companies do.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,376
    edited January 26
    I'm a strong Protan which means my long wave or Red cone is lacking in sensitivity so I have it set to Protanopia and it helps a lot.

The two most common forms of colour blindness are grouped together and called Red Green colour blindness its caused by the same defective gene on the X chromosome (sex linked - more common in males (10%) as we have X-Y whereas females (1%) have X-X and would need the defective gene in both copies, if only in one the good one will compensate and they will be ok but carriers).

Deuteranopia is a problem with the medium wave cone or green cone and is the most common way the fault manifest itself (7% of males).

The Red and Green cones overlap in the part of the spectrum they look at so its quite complicated to diagnose what type and explain its effect and the sensitivity can range from mild to not working at all.

Tritanopia is out there by itself, not sex linked so affects males and females equally and is much rarer, it effects the short wave cone or blue cone. This cone does not overlap with the green cone.

That's why there are three options, maybe start with Deuteranopia but give Protanopia a go as well and see which is best.
  • DemidrekDemidrek Registered Users Posts: 2
    thanks a lot guys
    Itharus said:

Main Menu ---> Options ---> Game Settings

About 20% down the screen from top there's a pull down menu with three options.

CA has actually put more effort into helping the colorblind play their game than most companies do.

I was looking under graphics all the time *eyeroll*
    twwatcher said:

I'm a strong Protan which means my long wave or Red cone is lacking in sensitivity so I have it set to Protanopia and it helps a lot.
    [...]
    That's why there are three options, maybe start with Deuteranopia but give Protanopia a go as well and see which is best.

Thanks for the general info, I'll try it out a bit. I'm definitely some type of green/red though.

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,273
    Hope it works out for you!
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 313
    It's fantastic CA built that into the game, I've never considered how colorblindness could affect gameplay.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,174
    About 8% of men are colorblind, so it's not exactly a rare condition among gamers. Which is why so many games have options for the colorblind. (Only 0.5% of women are colorblind.)