Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We need more Vampires on the campaign map!

13»

Comments

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,900
    One thing to note regarding Skaven is that there are some regions in the Old World that are wholly owned by the Skaven that aren't represented on the campaign map.

Skaven and greenskins do have very different problems here. Skaven are a fairly strong faction when it comes to what they can do if they do get a lot of regions together, but most of their factions start out in isolated positions surrounded by enemies where they can be taken out early on. Greenskins, by contrast, start out controlling enough territory in the Badlands that they can form critical mass, but have a tendency to eventually fold between the various threats around them.

A few more skaven AI factions around would probably help them out. Greenskins, on the other hand, don't really need more starting territory that much - they need to be able to do more with what they have.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,047
    Strigoi first, the others can wait.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,599
    Cortes31 said:

The fact that we have the Fortress of Vorag on the map and that the Red Cloud Tribe (an early game beatstick faction and also the tribe that Vorag fell in battle against historically) occupies so much territory of the southern Darklands is an indication that we'll be getting Vorag Bloodytooth eventually. It may not be until Warhammer 3 comes out, but it is extremely likely now. And I couldn't be more stoked, Vorag Bloodytooth, the first and greatest of the Ghoul Kings shall have his vengeance on the greenskins and the weaker bloodlines that betrayed Ushoran and Stigos in their hour of need.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,753
    Wyvax said:

Cortes31 said:

The fact that we have the Fortress of Vorag on the map and that the Red Cloud Tribe (an early game beatstick faction and also the tribe that Vorag fell in battle against historically) occupies so much territory of the southern Darklands is an indication that we'll be getting Vorag Bloodytooth eventually. It may not be until Warhammer 3 comes out, but it is extremely likely now. And I couldn't be more stoked, Vorag Bloodytooth, the first and greatest of the Ghoul Kings shall have his vengeance on the greenskins and the weaker bloodlines that betrayed Ushoran and Stigos in their hour of need.
    I also think he is the most likely candidate. He would also fit perfectly well along the GS crossover/rework since he mainly fought GS in the lore.

Another indicator is, that if CA doesn’t want to add him, they just would’ve placed a generic VC AI faction there.

Ushoran might be the more popular candidate but right now Vorag seems more likely. He also tried to restore the Empire of Strigos and was the first Ghoul King. He slaughtered thousands of Orcs and goblins in the Badlands and would play very different than other VC factions.

I‘m really excited about him and really hope CA will add him!
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,638
    edited January 26
    Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

More vampires? MORE SKAVEN! There's barely any in the old world part of the map and those that are there are totally isolated from each other and get taken out piecemeal. Skaven are supposed to be the most numerous race on the map and yet they are the actual DYING race of the game.

I am pretty sure, you confuse Skaven
    https://i.imgur.com/Jf0uJZu.png
    with Greenskins here
    https://i.imgur.com/GbOVGWK.png
    when you say "most numerous on the map". Of course the "piecemeal dying" also applies way harder then for Skaven, since Skaven as a TWW#2 race with 2 DLCs are still in a good spot overall. Greenskins can only pray to Gork & Mork they might be on that level after they got their rework ;)

------Red Dox
    Nope, Skaven outnumber practically all other races safe GS (and technically infinite ones like daemons) combined and are near everywhere except Ulthuan and Lustria (the latter of which is where CA put the most Skaven presence on, go figure). They should be way more numerous than they're now. There's actually tons of GS on the map, it's just that they suffer from annoying issues CA didn't fix since WH1.
    Skaven are numerous but they are all underground. Deep underground. Deeper than other races. Since the campaign is happening on the surface I think this is definitely accurate.

I would also say that while they are everywhere I would be surprised if they had as large populations in Naggaroth, Lustria and some other areas compared to the Old World, where most of their monumental settlements are located.
    In that case practically all OW regions should have undercities. Skaven don't live close to the center of the planet, they scavange and parasitize from other races and they're everywhere.

So you're wrong.

There need to be more Skaven, period.

Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

More vampires? MORE SKAVEN! There's barely any in the old world part of the map and those that are there are totally isolated from each other and get taken out piecemeal. Skaven are supposed to be the most numerous race on the map and yet they are the actual DYING race of the game.

with Greenskins here
    when you say "most numerous on the map". Of course the "piecemeal dying" also applies way harder then for Skaven, since Skaven as a TWW#2 race with 2 DLCs are still in a good spot overall. Greenskins can only pray to Gork & Mork they might be on that level after they got their rework ;)

------Red Dox
    Nope, Skaven outnumber practically all other races safe GS (and technically infinite ones like daemons) combined and are near everywhere except Ulthuan and Lustria (the latter of which is where CA put the most Skaven presence on, go figure). They should be way more numerous than they're now. There's actually tons of GS on the map, it's just that they suffer from annoying issues CA didn't fix since WH1.
    Skaven are numerous but they are all underground. Deep underground. Deeper than other races. Since the campaign is happening on the surface I think this is definitely accurate.

I would also say that while they are everywhere I would be surprised if they had as large populations in Naggaroth, Lustria and some other areas compared to the Old World, where most of their monumental settlements are located.
    In that case practically all OW regions should have undercities. Skaven don't live close to the center of the planet, they scavange and parasitize from other races and they're everywhere.

So you're wrong.

I agree that we should definitely get Skaven in Mordheim. CA should also add the Black Chasm with a Skaven Faction.

GS in the old world are fine right now but CA should definitely add more GS and BM horde factions spawning in the Old world.

BM should be a real threat and not just the joke they are right now.

What the Old World needs:
    + more BM and GS horde factions
    + 1-3 more Skaven factions
    + 1-3 more VC factions

Bretonnia and the Empire need more enemies.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,189
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

with Greenskins here

------Red Dox

So you're wrong.

I agree that we should definitely get Skaven in Mordheim. CA should also add the Black Chasm with a Skaven Faction.

GS in the old world are fine right now but CA should definitely add more GS and BM horde factions spawning in the Old world.

+ 1-3 more VC factions

I was really hoping for Snikch in Mordheim.

Maybe we'll get Thanquol there if we ever get him ? I just want a playable Skaven here, it could be a really fun start.
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

with Greenskins here

------Red Dox

So you're wrong.

+ 1-3 more VC factions

Maybe we'll get Thanquol there if we ever get him ? I just want a playable Skaven here, it could be a really fun start.
    We will soon get Throt in Hell Pit what is not super far away from Mordheim.

CA confirmed that Thanquol will definitely come one day, but we also need Skaven in the new parts of the WH3 map and Thanquol would be great for that. He could of course also start in Mordheim but that would be to close to Hell Pit in my opinion.
    edited January 26
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

with Greenskins here

------Red Dox

So you're wrong.

+ 1-3 more VC factions

If we get Thanquol in Mordheim it should be another unique 10 slot settlement and its own province just like Hell Pit and Skavenblight.
    If Mordheim stays a minor settlement he would get wiped out in 15 turns with Ostermark, Stirland and Karak Kadrin around.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,158

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Yea, too bad all CA did to players who wanted new race was to add 2 undead race.

I dont wonna see another undead race or lord till game 3. They have enough love for a lifetime.

Yeah yeah, we get it. Having 3 undead races bad. Having 3 Elven races bad... Oh wait, no one is complaining there are 3 elvel races in the game. People are weird, maybe it's just they don't like undead ?

I'll gladly take any new vampires, even if it's a non playable minor faction. Especially if it's somewhere in or close to the Empire and the VCount AI is getting fixed and actually doing something. We need some new factions to stop the Order tide from snowballing.

Also, put some Skaven in Mordheim, you know you want that @CA.
    Yea yea, you dont get a thing. 2 race pack where undead in one game. Maybe you want to talk about how few thign V.Count got in game 1 life ?
    And 2 starting races were elves, so?
    So game 3 wont get Elven, undead fans will get another undead.

Ares354 said:

All I’ve got to add to this is it is currently miserable playing as vampire counts in the ordertide patch.

Christ I hope this gets fixed soon. About to give up on this game till something happens.

Oh no, you gonna give up on game, that horrible. It your own will to do what you want.
    Sad.
    Sad, even tragic. You dont like how game is going, vote with money, or leave game. Or you can do more, leave it to yourself.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Yea, too bad all CA did to players who wanted new race was to add 2 undead race.

I dont wonna see another undead race or lord till game 3. They have enough love for a lifetime.

Yeah yeah, we get it. Having 3 undead races bad. Having 3 Elven races bad... Oh wait, no one is complaining there are 3 elvel races in the game. People are weird, maybe it's just they don't like undead ?

I'll gladly take any new vampires, even if it's a non playable minor faction. Especially if it's somewhere in or close to the Empire and the VCount AI is getting fixed and actually doing something. We need some new factions to stop the Order tide from snowballing.

Yea yea, you dont get a thing. 2 race pack where undead in one game. Maybe you want to talk about how few thign V.Count got in game 1 life ?
    Source?

We don’t know if Nagash will be a new race. Maybe he’s just a VC LL able to recruit TK units...
    ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Source?

We don’t know if Nagash will be a new race. Maybe he’s just a VC LL able to recruit TK units...
    Neferata will be added 99%. Nagash will be in game.
    Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Source?

Neferata will most likely be a crossover for VC but other races will most likely get crossovers to so that’s nothing special.

We don’t know about Nagash. Maybe he will just be mechanic, maybe he won’t be added at all.

But even if Nagash will be a unique race (what I hope), having 4 undead races seems okay.

5 Chaos races
    4 human races
    4 undead races
    3 Elven Races

Seems fair to me.
    ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Source?

Neferata will most likely be a crossover for VC but other races will most likely get crossovers to so that’s nothing special.

We don’t know about Nagash. Maybe he will just be mechanic, maybe he won’t be added at all.

But even if Nagash will be a unique race (what I hope), having 4 undead races seems okay.

5 Chaos races
    4 human races
    4 undead races
    3 Elven Races

Seems fair to me.
    4 human race ? how ? Bretonnia and Empire is 2 race. Subfaction dont matter, Norsca for me is not human race. Saying Nagash wont come is just bad joke.

We gonna see if Dawi will get in game 2 cross dlc. You assume all will be added, I dont believe that
    Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Source?

5 Chaos races
    4 human races
    4 undead races
    3 Elven Races

Seems fair to me.
    4 human race ? how ? Bretonnia and Empire is 2 race. Subfaction dont matter, Norsca for me is not human race. Saying Nagash wont come is just bad joke.

We gonna see if Dawi will get in game 2 cross dlc. You assume all will be added, I dont believe that
    I expect to see Kislev and DoW. They are more likely than a unique Undead Legions race. So yeah 4 human races, 5 if we ever get Cathay and 6 if you count Norsca as human.
    ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Source?

5 Chaos races
    4 human races
    4 undead races
    3 Elven Races

Seems fair to me.

I expect to see Kislev and DoW. They are more likely than a unique Undead Legions race. So yeah 4 human races, 5 if we ever get Cathay and 6 if you count Norsca as human.
    If, big if. Kilsev is not nearly confirmed. Ofc in game 3 you will have as much, if we are lucky.
    Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

neodeinos said:

Ares354 said:

Source?

5 Chaos races
    4 human races
    4 undead races
    3 Elven Races

Seems fair to me.

Possibly Kislev and DoW with WH3. So 4 humans.
    Possibly

That a thing, possibly.
    edited January 26
    Ares354 said:

Possibly

That a thing, possibly.
    Well at this point I’m confident to say that both races are very very likely.

The “sorry it’s not Kislev” statement back in the day indicated that Kislev will definitely come one day. Otherwise CA would’ve been silent about it.

I can’t imagine any scenario for WH3 without those 2 races.
    ArneSo said:

Ares354 said:

Possibly

That a thing, possibly.
    Well at this point I’m confident to say that both races are very very likely.

The “sorry it’s not Kislev” statement back in the day indicated that Kislev will definitely come one day. Otherwise CA would’ve been silent about it.

I can’t imagine any scenario for WH3 without those 2 races.
    Time will tell. Lack of human race for game 2 is strange, but we will know when they release trailer for Wh3.
  • rrinscheidrrinscheid Registered Users Posts: 135
    edited January 27
    Out of curiosity why is everyone saying Cathay won’t be in 3?

Out of curiosity why is everyone saying Cathay won’t be in 3?

Because it's very likely.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    Yes, the vampires really do need some love. They're currently the most heavily nerfed factions in the game by ability and survivability, while being one of the least with AP units in roster compared to others that almost have double the amount.

Some kind of under empire ability for them when the loss of their last settlement and continue to grow and expand and re-surface at a later place or time of the players/ai's choosing would be really nice to have in-game.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 350
    Red_Dox said:

Prkl8r said:

The only Vampire faction needing to be added is Neferata and the Lamian vampires. Any other VC faction would cause the players to riot because of how many undead and specifically VC lords we already have.

Every Bloodline should be represented by at least one playable LL and no **** given if some other people complain because their race does not go up to 9+ playable LLs total. It was CAs choic/fault to give us Ghorst, Vlad and Isabella instead of Neferata, Zacharias or Red Duke early on and it should be in CAs interest to fix that longterm and bring justice for the Bloodlines. We recently had already a topic with a good map showcasing how things could have been in the Old World for that.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/257618/what-vampire-counts-couldve-been-had-the-treatment-been-that-of-game-2-races/p1

The current problem is that an implementation for game#2 is difficult for some Bloodlines (respectively the LLs itself). Vortex map is just not that good of a place for many. Game#3 with a Dark Lands focused campaign map which would include parts of the Worlds Edge, might prove a better groundwork for Neferata and probably Vorag. Which still would leave the Necrarch & Blood Dragons at a conundrum for their more prominent members. Of course we can still just "expedition force" them around as we see fit but that is never a optimal solution.

-----Red Dox
    That's actually not a good map. Placement of lords might be great for all I care but using pictures within pictures was a terrible idea. I can google names. Not so much pictures within pictures.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,089
    edited January 27
    Yannir said:

Red_Dox said:

Prkl8r said:

The only Vampire faction needing to be added is Neferata and the Lamian vampires. Any other VC faction would cause the players to riot because of how many undead and specifically VC lords we already have.

Every Bloodline should be represented by at least one playable LL and no **** given if some other people complain because their race does not go up to 9+ playable LLs total. It was CAs choic/fault to give us Ghorst, Vlad and Isabella instead of Neferata, Zacharias or Red Duke early on and it should be in CAs interest to fix that longterm and bring justice for the Bloodlines. We recently had already a topic with a good map showcasing how things could have been in the Old World for that.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/257618/what-vampire-counts-couldve-been-had-the-treatment-been-that-of-game-2-races/p1

The current problem is that an implementation for game#2 is difficult for some Bloodlines (respectively the LLs itself). Vortex map is just not that good of a place for many. Game#3 with a Dark Lands focused campaign map which would include parts of the Worlds Edge, might prove a better groundwork for Neferata and probably Vorag. Which still would leave the Necrarch & Blood Dragons at a conundrum for their more prominent members. Of course we can still just "expedition force" them around as we see fit but that is never a optimal solution.

-----Red Dox
    That's actually not a good map. Placement of lords might be great for all I care but using pictures within pictures was a terrible idea. I can google names. Not so much pictures within pictures.
    It's from my thread and I listed the characters and their starting locations in further text.

Mannfred Von Carstein in Castle Drakenhof

Heinrich Kemmler in Forest of Chalons

Red Duke in Mousillon

Walach Harkon in Blood Keep

Zacharias the Everliving in the Forest of Shadows

Neferata in Silver Pinnacle

Ushoran(or some other Strigoi) in Mourkain

I usually don't put up text onto the map as to not clutter it too much.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 576
    Lucifer said:

Yes, the vampires really do need some love. They're currently the most heavily nerfed factions in the game by ability and survivability, while being one of the least with AP units in roster compared to others that almost have double the amount.

Some kind of under empire ability for them when the loss of their last settlement and continue to grow and expand and re-surface at a later place or time of the players/ai's choosing would be really nice to have in-game.

It's funny that you say that because I made a thread a few days ago pointing out that Raise Dead wasn't applying any factionwide and Lord promotion buffs. Most people in the thread responded with replies that ranged from: Who cares to Vampire Counts are OP!!!
    Jman5 said:

Lucifer said:

It's funny that you say that because I made a thread a few days ago pointing out that Raise Dead wasn't applying any factionwide and Lord promotion buffs. Most people in the thread responded with replies that ranged from: Who cares to Vampire Counts are OP!!!
    People saying VC are OP are time travellers from the year 2018. Right now vampires are the weakest race in the game and absolutely broken.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,638
    Jman5 said:

Lucifer said:

Undead units shouldn't collect any XP as other units do, since they're mindless puppets that don't learn anything. Instead the level of their commanding lord should influence it with higher ranked lords also having higher ranked troops.

• wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 615

No, it's not, undead isn't get enough love for lifetime.

*with fading voice*

"what?"