Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Must Have Additions for Warriors of Chaos Roster?

2»

Comments

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,970
    @Virosh

You're combining alot of Daemons of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos stuff there, CA has stated that they're going to treat them differently like on TT. Are you asking for more overlap?
  • ArchRangerArchRanger Registered Users Posts: 105

@ArchRanger

galrauch is a Tzeentch Daemon inhabiting a Chaos Dragon, so they do have an affiliation unfortunately.

Any chaos character that's unaffiliated should be reserved for Norsca mainly, since that's the point of their faction.

The only real undivided character that could go to WoC and not Norsca would be Be'lakor and he's more of a DoC character in my opinion.

If we're going to get a DoC undivided then Be'lakor is the only one who can lead that, otherwise I guess he could be WoC.

Ahh thank you for the clarification. It definitely puts a hard spin on trying to create a LP specific to WoC without stepping on the toes of the other gods. Be'lakor definitely should be leading the DoC Undivided so I don't think he should be an option for them.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,570

@ArchRanger

galrauch is a Tzeentch Daemon inhabiting a Chaos Dragon, so they do have an affiliation unfortunately.

Any chaos character that's unaffiliated should be reserved for Norsca mainly, since that's the point of their faction.

The only real undivided character that could go to WoC and not Norsca would be Be'lakor and he's more of a DoC character in my opinion.

If we're going to get a DoC undivided then Be'lakor is the only one who can lead that, otherwise I guess he could be WoC.

Lord Mortkin is a good option for an undivided chaos lord, although he might seem too smiliar to Archaon.
    @yolordmcswag

In End Times, Nurgle got Gutrot Spume, Maggot Riders and their mounts, the Glotkin, Putrid Blightkings, Eogric the Vile and they became the only WoC faction with a uniquely named and modelled lord and hero (lord of plague and burgle executioners) I believe Ku'gath came in end times and in Forgeworld Nurgle got an entire campaign to themselves that game them Toad Dragons, Bile Trolls, Plague Ogres, Pox Riders, Rot Knights, an Ogre Tyrant Lord for Nurgle, a unique mounted hero model and so on.

Nurgle got the most toys by a mile and Nurgle is the only one who has their variants actually defined (by that I mean they made art and models of Nurgle variant units and expanded on them more than the others) Nurgle also got some RoR that the other gods lack like the Sons of the Last Plague, Kurgan rot Knights and the Repugnauts of Brass Keep.

Khorne is a close second with his bloodwraths, Skull Crushers and the other End Times one, Slaanesh and Tzeentch have basically nothing, almost no art, almost no model variants, almost no RoR.
  • ViroshVirosh Registered Users Posts: 69

@Virosh

You're combining alot of Daemons of Chaos and Warriors of Chaos stuff there, CA has stated that they're going to treat them differently like on TT. Are you asking for more overlap?

That is my best shot at giving the different themed chaos armies more of the "chaos cultists summoning daemons to further their goals". I agree it's an overlap, but weren't WoC able to summon demons in limited capacity on the TT (or am I getting this mixed with older editions/40k)? Nevertheless, that would give them more Chaos-y feel and color I think!

Also, as you pointed out, most other good choices are only Khorne/Nurgle related mostly - Slaughterbrute, Skullcrushers, Bile Trolls.

Hellstriders of Slaanesh were also in the book if memory serves me, but they are a bit uninspiring for me. And there was nothing nice for Tzeentch, except marking your Sorcerer :(
    @yolordmcswag

Lord Mortkin is one of the only Legit characters that Norsca can possibly get in future DLC/FLC. Everyone else is either god aligned or pulled from another faction like Being Bearstruck, Syal the Faithless, Hildr and then there are ones that are god aligned like Egil. Then there are characters who ascended to daemonhood like Knut the bloody, Cormac bloodaxe, Valkia the Bloody etc.

Mortkin is Norscas best bet at a new lord

@yolordmcswag

In End Times, Nurgle got Gutrot Spume, Maggot Riders and their mounts, the Glotkin, Putrid Blightkings, Eogric the Vile and they became the only WoC faction with a uniquely named and modelled lord and hero (lord of plague and burgle executioners) I believe Ku'gath came in end times and in Forgeworld Nurgle got an entire campaign to themselves that game them Toad Dragons, Bile Trolls, Plague Ogres, Pox Riders, Rot Knights, an Ogre Tyrant Lord for Nurgle, a unique mounted hero model and so on.

Nurgle got the most toys by a mile and Nurgle is the only one who has their variants actually defined (by that I mean they made art and models of Nurgle variant units and expanded on them more than the others) Nurgle also got some RoR that the other gods lack like the Sons of the Last Plague, Kurgan rot Knights and the Repugnauts of Brass Keep.

Khorne is a close second with his bloodwraths, Skull Crushers and the other End Times one, Slaanesh and Tzeentch have basically nothing, almost no art, almost no model variants, almost no RoR.

Ku'gath was a long-established character, he had rules in 7th and 8th edition. He never had a model though, and did not get it with the end times either. Glottkin, Gutrot, and maggoth riders are all unique characters, and every single god has huge amounts of unique characters. There is no way we are ever getting all the unique ones, so one god having larger number of difference makes little difference for total war.

Eogric who? I own and have read the Glottkin, don't remember that one at all. They certainly had neither rules nor a miniature, so can't have been important. Lord of plague and nurgle executioners are also not from Glottkin, or at least there are no rules or models for them, just lore names. About RoR, those are also just lore-names and you could find those for various regiments belonging to all gods.

Tamurkhan is true though, so I concede that Nurgle has the most stuff potentially. Khorne got wrathmongers and skullreapers from the end times, along with skullreapers existing before. Slaneesh has Hellstriders.

Regardless of which god they belong to however, all chaos warrior characters would have the full chaos warrior roster, unless they go with monogods. If they add marked units, and then do the missing non-aligned units along with the gods having less stuff, they could still make a lordpack for each god. RoR is easy to find, there are so many sources and they are only variations of basic units. Consider that every RoR from the grim and the grave came from a single book, I could give you a list of Tzeentch/Slaneesh RoR by looking through the end times books for 10-15 minutes.

About lord Mortkin, I don't think he could or should be in Norsca. The reason is that he is a chaos warrior, and only a chaos warrior. It's his one defining trait, otherwise he is very basic. He is literally a chaos lord, whose personal companions are chaos knight, whose bodyguard is chaos chosen, whose battle standard bearer is an exalted champion, whose entire army is chaos warriors.

Putting him in Norsca with the Norsca roster removes everything he has but his name, changing a character to such a degree makes it pointless to use them at all, IMO.
    edited January 29
    @Viroch

Hellriders of Slaanesh look like a Tzeentch unit, if you change the colour scheme you'd never think of them as being a Slaanesh unit.

I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to make the creatures of the sex god anteaters with tits but I hope they don't go within 100 miles of WH3. Slaanesh is supposed to be all about exquisite beauty, excess and sex appeal. Mechanically they're supposed to be fast squishy damage dealers so im not sure why they have the same chosen, chaos warriors, chaos knights, and their animals are more like eldritch horrors.

Their armour should be light and more style over substance. Even their chosen shouldn't be as heavily armoured as the rest of them. Their creatures should be demonically majestic (ironically, a basic horse looks more fitting to Slaanesh than a hellrider ant eater).

Also I don't think GW really knew what to do with Tzeentch either, Tzeentch should be very Cthulhu inspired, incomprehensible vile mutated beasts. It's crazy to me that chaos is all about deformaties and mutations and yet, none of the gods actually represent this. Tzeentch units should be like forsaken, chaos spawn, mutalith vortex beasts, stuff with that kind of design.

• ViroshVirosh Registered Users Posts: 69
    @SeanJeanquoi

You got me good with "anteaters with tits", currently cleaning coffee from all over the floor xD

Regarding Cthulhu inspired Tzeentch: Yes please, where can I spend my money for this idea!!! Raving mutated cultists, incomprehensible horrors lurking in the shadows, beasts out of your worst nightmares, eldritch beings that bring madness while they whisper the secrets of the universe in your head, bizarre looking armor, magi-tech accessories for your Lords and Heroes.

Sounds grandiose on paper, unfortunately we never saw something like this :neutral:

Kind of off-topic: I'm terribly worried how CA will re-work WoC/Beastmen; They have limited options to work with, they need to re-evaluate their rosters, need to change/enhance/remove the horde mechanic, need more depth on the Campaign map, are missing a ton of characters, are missing interesting god-aligned choices in units/lords/mechanics, are missing flavor, are missing fresh centerpiece units. This on top of repetitive sieges and stale endgame campaign.

It just boggles my mind what would become of those two factions, and whether they will ever get on par with Warhammer 2 races at least. I have faith in CA, the content they've been pumping recently gets better and better from my perspective, but boy, fixing the chaos forces looks like a tough hill to climb.
    @yolordmcswag

Ah right, I wasn't sure about Ku'gath.

Eogric the Vile is the model that all Nurgle executioners/lords of plague are based off of. He's Gutrot Spume's right hand man, he killed Grokka Goreaxe when the 2 armies clashed.

You can't dismiss RoR's just because they're in the fluff, they have art! Some End Times RoRs are already in the game and have the same entries with the same art. If other gods have equivalents then name them.

The executioners and lords of plague have art, models and maybe rules?! I'll have to check that but yeah, they're legit.

What?! Wulfric has been in the WoC army book for ages, he's a really big name in the WoC in the lore, yet he's norsca. The whole point of the Norsca faction is that they're an offshoot of WoC that don't follow a specific god (just like Mortkin).

Norsca Lords aren't called Jarls in WH2...they're still champions of chaos, they still follow the gods.

I don't get how adding a character like Syal to norsca is a normalised argument in this community even though he's forge world, he's a WoC character and he's not even ethnically norscan, he's a Kurgan.

Mortkin has way more justification. He should be part of norsca or he shouldn't be implemented at all, there are plenty more worthy characters.

@yolordmcswag

Ah right, I wasn't sure about Ku'gath.

Eogric the Vile is the model that all Nurgle executioners/lords of plague are based off of. He's Gutrot Spume's right hand man, he killed Grokka Goreaxe when the 2 armies clashed.

You can't dismiss RoR's just because they're in the fluff, they have art! Some End Times RoRs are already in the game and have the same entries with the same art. If other gods have equivalents then name them.

The executioners and lords of plague have art, models and maybe rules?! I'll have to check that but yeah, they're legit.

What?! Wulfric has been in the WoC army book for ages, he's a really big name in the WoC in the lore, yet he's norsca. The whole point of the Norsca faction is that they're an offshoot of WoC that don't follow a specific god (just like Mortkin).

Norsca Lords aren't called Jarls in WH2...they're still champions of chaos, they still follow the gods.

I don't get how adding a character like Syal to norsca is a normalised argument in this community even though he's forge world, he's a WoC character and he's not even ethnically norscan, he's a Kurgan.

Mortkin has way more justification. He should be part of norsca or he shouldn't be implemented at all, there are plenty more worthy characters.

I'm not dismissing RoR because they are in lore, I'm saying that there are so incredibly many books of lore to draw from that it is negligable to find RoR for any kind of unit. All you need is a name here and there, and you don't really need that. Most of the RoR from the end times are just names that games workshop slapped onto the units. They weren't even meant to special regiments most of the time, it was just names to make the armies have more personality.

The fireborne, the crowfane horde, the doomblade knights, the honourcull, the severed claw, the ill-marked, crusher, are all units from Vilitch' army in the end times, meaning they are good candidates for Tzeentch RoR. Among them are warriors, chosen, forsaken, marauders, knights, warhounds and a slaughterbrute, plenty enough for several and different RoR for a Tzeentch themed DLC.

I see, that does make Eogric just another generic though. They did give a bunch of generics names in the end times for flavours sake, just like the regiments above. Such characters generally have very little to them, and I would prefer any and all characters with rules and/or models to come before them. Such characters are perfectly represented by a renamed generic lord/hero, since that is quite literally what they are.

I looked him up in the Glottkin book, his picture is that of a generic chaos champion of Nurgle model. The model is older than the character and was used as a generic one, not a named one, before the end times. Lord of plague is the name they gave to the model in Age of Sigmar, as it is a separate unit there. On TT it was just a model for a chaos lord/exalted champion of Nurgle, not a separate unit type. There are models for god-specific lords and champions for all the gods, so that one does not make Nurgle special.

There are different levels of being warriors of chaos. Norsca is not just "chaos undivided", it's specifically marauders and monsters without the chaos warriors. Wulfrik, while wearing chaos armour, always lead marauders, his ship special rule only worked for marauders. Wulfrik is also known as the great challenger, he travels the world seeking strong foes, so he fits perfectly with the monster hunt mechanic, it's practically tailored to him.

Lord Mortkin on the other hand exemplifies the chaos warrior aspect. As I said above he has many named and important units to him that are all chaos warriors, and he is a chaos lord himself. Putting him in Norsca makes him lose pretty much everything that makes Mortkin Mortkin, unless you give his faction access to chaos warriors, chaos chosen, chaos knights and exalted champion heroes. For this reason I don't see him in Norsca the way they are in total war.

If I flip the question, how would lord Mortkin work if he was a Norsca lord? What would become of his amry, the fell-iron reavers? What would he add to Norsca, seeing as the stuff he is known for belongs to another race? CA would practically have to make a new focus and lore for him from scratch. And if they are making a character from scratch, I see no need to use the name of a different character.

So about your last statement I agree. If he is implemented it should be as a chaos warrior, warriors of chaos have better candidates so he's probably better off not being implemented, or just being a generic chaos lord for a generic chaos warrior faction if they make those. The only way I could see him as plausible is if they go the monogod route, and have warriors of chaos be focused on the undivided aspect only. In that case he would fit well another character for them.
  • bolero567bolero567 Registered Users Posts: 75
    Taking the spirit of the challenge rather than the rule:

Chaos Warriors vs Chaos Warriors lord pack. I figure by the point something like this could come out the Chaos Warriors DLC would just be free for all permanently. The gimmick is that both Legendary Lords are "Nakai in reverse'", WoC settlement lords rather than horde factions. With that in mind:

Must have Legendary Lord?

Crom the Conqueror
    Crom
    Sayl the Faithless (and Nightmaw)
    Sayl
    Must have generic lord?

Kurgan Chieftain
    Chieftain
    Kurgan Chieftain (warqueen)
    Chieftain (female)
    Must have generic hero?

Kurgan Hag
    Hag
    Must have unit #1?
    Flayerkin
    Flayerkin
    Kurgan Furies
    Kurgan Furies
    Must have unit #2?
    NIghtmaw reskin lower tier chaos spawn unit
    Nightmaw reskins
    Kurgan Marauder Champions
    Champions
    Must have unit #3?
    Gigantic Chaos Spawn
    Gigantic Chaos Spawn
    Gigantic Chaos Spawn (Chaos Warshine)
    Chaos Warshrine
    (like this but replace the mutants with a gigantic chaos spawn)

The Kurgans are a little generic compared to Norsca. Making them more egalitarian is an easy way to distinguish them. There's an obvious mutation theme here, perhaps lower tier marauder troops could get cosmetic mutation variants in Kurgan armies? I think this would be a well received DLC, especially if it came with a FLC Norsca update. I've avoided daemon/"monogod" themed units (Slaughterbrute, Mutalith Vortex Beast, Bile Trolls etc) since they belong in other factions imo
    @yolordmcswag

I'm not advocating for getting Eogric, I'm bringing him up as an example of Nurgle getting loads of stuff in the End Times. I knew his model was generic but I wasn't sure if he came first or the model came first (I read something that implied he came first somewhere).

I wasn't saying that the Lord's of Plague or executioners were separate units, I was saying they got unique names and more updated models. I was just looking at the army books and stuff today and I've seen the champions for the other gods, they have no unique title and very old (almost placeholder) models. Especially Tzeentch, unless we're counting Melekh's model as the updated generic one (the older one is basically a generic version of Vilitch the Changeling with 3 heads). Nurgle got a new coat of paint that wasn't afforded to Tzeentch or Slaanesh with way more units.

You've actually caught me with Mortkin, he's one of the only characters whose lore I just skimmed when I was researching chaos and you make a good point about him being a chaos warrior. I never made the distinction in my head since alot of Norse characters like Sven bloody hand, Crom the Conqueror, Abrax the Bloody and Engra Deathsword. These are characters that I've heard suggested many times for norsca with no counter argument so I figured it was just allowed.

If he has unique units and stuff and they're chaos warriors, chosen etc then yeah you're right. (If they're Reaver's though, they can be Norscan).

@bolero567

Do you know of sorces for any of those units/do you know if they're legit?

@yolordmcswag

I'm not advocating for getting Eogric, I'm bringing him up as an example of Nurgle getting loads of stuff in the End Times. I knew his model was generic but I wasn't sure if he came first or the model came first (I read something that implied he came first somewhere).

I wasn't saying that the Lord's of Plague or executioners were separate units, I was saying they got unique names and more updated models. I was just looking at the army books and stuff today and I've seen the champions for the other gods, they have no unique title and very old (almost placeholder) models. Especially Tzeentch, unless we're counting Melekh's model as the updated generic one (the older one is basically a generic version of Vilitch the Changeling with 3 heads). Nurgle got a new coat of paint that wasn't afforded to Tzeentch or Slaanesh with way more units.

You've actually caught me with Mortkin, he's one of the only characters whose lore I just skimmed when I was researching chaos and you make a good point about him being a chaos warrior. I never made the distinction in my head since alot of Norse characters like Sven bloody hand, Crom the Conqueror, Abrax the Bloody and Engra Deathsword. These are characters that I've heard suggested many times for norsca with no counter argument so I figured it was just allowed.

If he has unique units and stuff and they're chaos warriors, chosen etc then yeah you're right. (If they're Reaver's though, they can be Norscan).

Heh, Mortkin's army is literally named "The black-iron reavers". That said they are undivided chaos warriors, he has a bodyguard of chosen called the crimson reapers. He rides with the Brass riders, an exceptionally skilled regiment of chaos knights, and all of them have been granted juggernaughts by the dark gods(including Mortkin). In that way they are like skullcrushers, but not marked by Khorne. His battle standard bearer is an exalted champion called Wulric the black.
    edited January 30

@bolero567

Do you know of sorces for any of those units/do you know if they're legit?

Most are legit, some are reasonable OC. Sources:

legit:
    Vardek Crom the Conqueror from the Chaos Warriors armybook
    official model:
    Crom the Conqueror
    Sayl the Faithless from the Forgeworld supplement Tamurkhan the Throne of Chaos
    official models:
    Sayl and Nightmaw
    Kurgan Hag from the RPG and fluff
    Flayerkin from the Storm of Chaos supplement
    The gigantic chaos spawn was an official Forgeworld unit for chaos. The chaos warshine was part of the Chaos Warriors armybook.

OC
    Source for Kurgan warrior women concept
    There are definitely female leaders of chaos marauder tribes, Valkia the Bloody was one for Norsca before she was reborn as a daemon prince. The Kurgans seem slightly more egalitarian than the Norscans from the lore, it's not too much of a stretch.
    I figure if CA went to the trouble of modelling and animating Nightmaw to be Sayls' chaos spawn sidekick, they'd want to reuse that work. I picture them as a small unit size Tier 3 hound style unit. Tanky and unbreakable, but much slower than chaos warhounds.
    Kurgan Marauder Champions aren't really necessary now I think about it. A new Marauder Horsemaster weapon variant would fit the Kurgan steppe nomads better.
    @bolero567

Thanks for that, I knew most of them, it was the Hag and Furies that Threw me, was just curious if they went over my head.

I think many factions need more model diversity and gender rep (although in some cases its fine like with the HE prince and Princess).

HE mages could use a male equivalent, norscan units and characters could use woman dotted around, Dark Elves should have more woman dotted around, More woman units and a death hag lord (come on, its the DE, thats their thing). Same with the Wood Elves.

Bretonnian lore is chocked full of "Woman Disguised as men". In the RPG book where their lore was reworked, every single role a Bretonnian could take except Grail knights and lords allowed woman. they even all ended with a little sentence that said "Woman characters must be disguised as a man to fill this role" and some lore snippets say that "the people of Gisoreux are quick to overlook a woman dressed in mans clothing" so we could use them amongst their units and even some woman units.
    edited January 30

@bolero567

Thanks for that, I knew most of them, it was the Hag and Furies that Threw me, was just curious if they went over my head.

I think many factions need more model diversity and gender rep (although in some cases its fine like with the HE prince and Princess).

HE mages could use a male equivalent, norscan units and characters could use woman dotted around, Dark Elves should have more woman dotted around, More woman units and a death hag lord (come on, its the DE, thats their thing). Same with the Wood Elves.

Bretonnian lore is chocked full of "Woman Disguised as men". In the RPG book where their lore was reworked, every single role a Bretonnian could take except Grail knights and lords allowed woman. they even all ended with a little sentence that said "Woman characters must be disguised as a man to fill this role" and some lore snippets say that "the people of Gisoreux are quick to overlook a woman dressed in mans clothing" so we could use them amongst their units and even some woman units.

Absolutely. The amount of work, though... guess that makes it unrealistic for CA. That's why I'm keen on one chaos faction having female units - just makes for more variety.

It'd be a fun reference to that aspect of Bretonnian lore if sometimes when you selected Knights Errant or Knights of the Realm a female voice answered. Putting on a gruff male voice "Knights of the Realm!" Very Monty Python.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,377

@Virosh

The tamurkhan book introduced Host/hordes of chaos (HoC) as an merged DoC and WoC monogod option. Imo the best way to introduce monogods and make them the most different from undivided DoC or WoC. And this way they woukd get enough units.

The most important thing is to give monogod AI, so we get a proper rival between the gods, what is important for a campaign theme.

Even let the player more options with god alignment, the AI should be locked to gods:

Archaon/kholek WoC undivided
    Sigvald, Nkari, Dechala etc. HoC slaanesh
    Be lakor DoC undivided
    Valkia etc. HoC khorne
    Tamurkhan, Festus etc. HoC nurgle
    Engrimm, vilitich, kairos, etc. HoC tzeentch

And with the option only for the player to play undivided with chaos god related characters.
    I am all for expanding Norsca with a Kurgan sub faction.

Beorg Bearstruck imo is the best candidate for a classsical Norsca LL, a fusion of men and beast.

For Kurgan I am all in for Sayl.

And expanding female warriors/characters, especially for Norsca/Kurgan would be great.

I like furies, kurgan hag and norscan shielmaidens, Hildr the reaver would be a nice LH.

Female khorne/slaanesh champions (lord/heroes) would be great too.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,718
    Personally I hope for god rep for all in WoC and Monos down the line, with WoC getting a more tame "TT style" version of marked units and Monos being a bit more like the lore - maybe using some ET stuff or even AoS to flesh out if CA can do it.

So that said I would like to see Valkia/Scylla or maybe Arbaal for Khorne, Festus or Gutrot Spume for Nurgle (Festus might have to use a stand in spell kit until game 3), and Horstman for Tzeentch (who may also need a temporary spell kit as I think he should probably be split between Lore of Tzeentch and Light). I would like characters like Tamhukan, Villitch, Dechala, Galrouch etc but those can be fit into the DLC Monogods in game 3.

Units wise I would like to see Marked warriors, Slaughterbrute and/or MVB, Skullcrushers and perhaps the Warshrine.
    Goatforce said:

Personally I hope for god rep for all in WoC and Monos down the line, with WoC getting a more tame "TT style" version of marked units and Monos being a bit more like the lore - maybe using some ET stuff or even AoS to flesh out if CA can do it.

So that said I would like to see Valkia/Scylla or maybe Arbaal for Khorne, Festus or Gutrot Spume for Nurgle (Festus might have to use a stand in spell kit until game 3), and Horstman for Tzeentch (who may also need a temporary spell kit as I think he should probably be split between Lore of Tzeentch and Light). I would like characters like Tamhukan, Villitch, Dechala, Galrouch etc but those can be fit into the DLC Monogods in game 3.

Units wise I would like to see Marked warriors, Slaughterbrute and/or MVB, Skullcrushers and perhaps the Warshrine.

Yeah, one representive demon/warrior for each god from the beginning is necessery for the campaign scheme of game 3.

We allready have Archaon for undivided, be lakor could be DoC undivided. Sarthorael for tzeentch, sigvald slaanesh.

So khorne and nurgle needs a character to represent in game 3 at least.

If CA want to focus on greater demons for each god as arch enemies we need nkari for slaanesh too.
    I can see khorne beginning with skulltaker as lower demon and Kugath plaguefather for nurgle, so they have less work with greater demon generic lord for nurgle.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,718
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Goatforce said:

Yeah, one representive demon/warrior for each god from the beginning is necessery for the campaign scheme of game 3.

We allready have Archaon for undivided, be lakor could be DoC undivided. Sarthorael for tzeentch, sigvald slaanesh.

So khorne and nurgle needs a character to represent in game 3 at least.

If CA want to focus on greater demons for each god as arch enemies we need nkari for slaanesh too.
    I can see khorne beginning with skulltaker as lower demon and Kugath plaguefather for nurgle, so they have less work with greater demon generic lord for nurgle.
    I don't think Sarthorial should be the WoC Tzeentch rep, as he is a greater daemon, hence why I put Horstman down as he is a pretty iconic WoC (and Tzeentch) character and would likely be fairly easy to do.

It is an interesting point about whether DoC LLs will all be greater daemons, something I've wondered about, may be a bit stale if all the LLs are towering greater daemons, but at the same time they're the most well known characters.

I know it is off topic a bit by my list would be (and of course several of the aligned LLs could be interchangeable beween armybook and mono):

WoC: Archaon, Kholek, Sigvald, Festus, Horstman, Scylla
    DoC: N'Kari, Skulltaker, Ku'gath, Kairos, Be'Lakor
    Khorne: Valkia, Skarbrand, Arbaal and/or Karanak
    Nurgle: Tamhurkan, Epidemious, Glotkin and/or Gutrot Spume
    Tzeentch: Villitch, Blue Scribes, Galrouch, perhaps Changeling
    Slaanesh: Dechala, Azazel, The Masque, perhaps Styrkaar

I put the perhapses and the and/ors because I think Monos may come in a LP style CP, so I think they might in that case end up with 3 LLs, which if the armybook races (WoC and DoC) all get a god rep I think is fine, but if not then the Monos might be bigger releases and get 4 LLs.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097

Was thinking about the WoC army yesterday, what they have and what they're lacking. It's a fair bit. Some people think they might get a bunch of it in WH3, other people are still holding out hope for a DLC or FLC update during WH2. Either way, CA will have budgetary and time constraints and may not be able to incorporate everything, at least not at once.

So what are your must haves? If CA has a limited amount of resources to update the WoC army, what would you most like to see included? We'll structure it a bit like a modestly sized Lord Pack, to simulate what kind of resources CA might pump into the race:

• Must have Legendary Lord?
    • Must have generic lord?
    • Must have generic hero?
    • Must have unit #1?
    • Must have unit #2?
    • Must have unit #3?
    Remember, the goal here is not to list everything you want to see included. It's to identify your priorities, the things that you feel in must make it in if nothing else does.
    Hrrrmn. Let's see...
    1. Egrimm van Horstmann. Not really one I consider "essential", but would be my preference.
    2. Daemon Prince
    3. Army book options are already in, and I assume that the Chaos Sorcerers will get their lores, so we'd be looking at something new here. Maybe a Magus or some other cult infiltrator-type character?
    4. Chimera, or if that's too much to animate, "feral" Chaos Dragon. The two are pretty similar in what roles they'd play.
    5. Chaos Warshrine
    6. Skullcrushers.
    At least like Sarthorael in game 1, they could make more models (enough for 4 god aligned and one undivided demon) but only 2 playable from the start. So they have not to create skill trees, campaign mechanics, quest battle and items until they release them as FLC or they give us one or two more as bonus from the start.

Another idea was to give one generic lord for each god (2 higher and 2 lesser demons) and release the other with DLC.

For example Sarthorael as generic higher demon of tzeentch is done from model; missing real flying and skill tree, tzeentch lore of magic will introduced with game 3.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 688
    edited January 30
    Legendary lord: Valkia probably. Villitch, Festus, or Crom could also be neat.
    Generic Lord: Daemon prince (it's the only one missing from TT)
    Generic hero: They aren't actually missing one from TT, but I'd like to see some kind of support hero that's not a wizard, maybe a "shrinemaster" (The TT name for the rider on a chaos warshrine that's making sacrifices to the chaos gods) or something. They could be like a warrior priest equivalent that provides active buffs with a warshrine mount option.
    Unit #1: Skullcrushers
    Unit #2: Chimera - more powerful flying option with a breath attack.
    Unit #3: Chaos Warshrines

#4: Hellstriders or melee marauder cav variants: spear+shield and/or flail. Chaos has warhounds for the anti-skirmishing role, but light cav would be much more effective at cycle charging against infantry or pinning monsters, since they have better leadership, and a cheap/fast AP option with flail marauder cav could potentially be pretty useful. Hellstriders would probably have something similar to the rage mechanic that Norsca units get with their "Soul Hunters" ability.

All of those units are from the main army book (except Crom, who got a profile in the end-times), rather than other material, and would add something meaningful to the roster.

We'll probably get god-specific factions in game 3, either as DLC or as the release factions (either way works really; having them as DLC sort of necessitates WoC being made a core faction though, since they've said there are no plans for DLC for DLC, which is what mono-gods would be unless they're just done as unique race packs, but I think they fit better as lord packs).