Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressBug: Malus's Warpsword of Khaine quest is aborted if beastmen faction is destroyed.

sricthetricksricthetrick Registered Users Posts: 2
edited December 2019 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
I got a notification saying mission aborted for Malus's quest for Warpsword of Khaine as the Beastmen faction for the quest was destroyed. If you look in my save file, Warpsword of Khaine is checkmarked in skill tree, but I have no weapons to equip on Malus and there is no current mission for Warpsword of Khaine.
Post edited by CA_Jordz on

Comments

• sricthetricksricthetrick Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    Also, if you look in diplomacy, there is no beastmen faction that I'm at war with.
  • CA_JordzCA_Jordz Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 369

I got a notification saying mission aborted for Malus's quest for Warpsword of Khaine as the Beastmen faction for the quest was destroyed. If you look in my save file, Warpsword of Khaine is checkmarked in skill tree, but I have no weapons to equip on Malus and there is no current mission for Warpsword of Khaine.

Hey there,

Thanks for your post. I've passed this onto our dev team to investigate.

Cheers,

Vix
  • markusasmarkusas Registered Users Posts: 213
    My friend had the same problem @CA_Vix
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Also expand Mortal Empires South and West to make Southlands, Lustria and Western Naggaroth great again!
  • Kais615Kais615 Registered Users Posts: 5
    I have the same issue I was so excited for Malus man, why do you do this CA..
  • matlajsmatlajs Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    Like there were no similar bugs and issues in past....
  • mraughhmraughh Registered Users Posts: 4
    I’ve gotten it also. Recruited the chariot and then nothing happened to further the quest in the vortex campaign.
  • JRainioJRainio Registered Users Posts: 5
    Same issue here. At turn 129 they were gone (ME) :( guess am gonna go with Snikch.
  • cephalopodiuscephalopodius Registered Users Posts: 1
    I was able to reach the quest's battle with malus to get the warp sword item. Game crash each time i win the battle versus Kholek. It also make quick save just before the battle crash on the end of loading.Sad :-/
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 65
    CA_Vix said:

Hey there,

Cheers,

Vix

I'm not sure if it was because of the beastmen dying but I had to raid dringorackaz. After a few turns I got a message that I had failed and now the mission doesn't exist for me. Can't get the sword.
  • timcollinsal1timcollinsal1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same issue - hopefully quickfixed in next update
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 65
    CA_Vix said:

Hey there,

Cheers,

Vix
    Can we get an update on this bug? I've just 'lost' the quest for the second time in my replay campaign since I lost the last. Not super impressed.
  • sukomoosukomoo Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'd like to add that you can't just kill any beast men as well. I had a second faction of beast men appear and evidently its a specific group you need, as I killed the new one off, and shortly after the other group I was meant to kill gets destroyed by someone else and the quest aborts.
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    Another bug regarding this quest.

If you confederate Malus as Malekith (I imagine anyother DE faction also), you aren't at war with that "Beastmen" faction, and you can't start a war against them or anything. You simply don't have the option to use diplomacy with that faction, which makes the quest impossible to complete.

"You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file