Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nagash in warhammer 3

nedstarkisawesomenedstarkisawesome Registered Users Posts: 5
So I wanted to start this discussion to see how ca could implement nagash (and other missing undead like neferrata into warhammer 3)

Here is my opinion (which will probably be very unpopular):
introduce nagash as a new undead faction using the ossiarch bonereapers and night haunts from age of sigmar (i know lorewise i doesn't make sense to have the ossiarch bonereapers as they took centuries to create but we have repanse so lore clearly isn't the priority, also the end times did introduce the prototype of ossiarch bonereapers with the morghasts)

Anyway I think nagash obviously needs to be in a new undead faction as he doesn't really fit into any of the existing factions (the closest we have are vampires because of their raise dead fitting of THE necromancer). The reason I chose the ossiarch bonereapers is because it's the only unique undead faction I can see which offers both good new units and several mortarchs to make up for the fact that 2 out of 3 mortarchs have already been used.

The 4 LL would be Nagash, Nefferata (with vampire/tomb king themed units on top of the base roster), Katakros and Lady olynder (with nighthaunt units).
What do you guys think?

Comments

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,611

using the ossiarch bonereapers and night haunts from age of sigmar

Not going to happen.

• crazycakemancrazycakeman Registered Users Posts: 197
    Honestly, it would make sense giving Nagash a hybrid faction that allowed him to recruit units from all three undead factions and the ability to recruit undead LL (or at least the ones that make loreful sense, like Arhkan, Vlad, Luthor ect ect) as mortarchs.

Then you could add Neferatta as another playable LL in his faction.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,338
    There is 'some' stuff from Age of Sigmar that was introduced in the endtimes - like Morghasts. With these and a mix of existing undead units I could see a Nagash faction working as a seperate 'race'. Most AoS stuff is a straight no though.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    edited February 21
    I think Nagash will be just 5th Tomb Kings Legendary lord with a few Vampire Count units. B)

If we really need Nagash race. It is still better to have unique Ossiarch Bonereapers roster than just mix of Tomb Kings, Vampire Count and Vampire Coast units. New race need own unique roster.

Actually, old Heinrich Kemmler Army list from White Dwarf can work for Nagash race(or for Vampire Count Lord pack):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9pubgh/this_army_existed_heinrich_kemmler_army_of_the/
    Post edited by Labria on
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Liu Chong and He Yi should be playable in 194.
  • amon_chakaiamon_chakai Registered Users Posts: 224
    So according to the lore, isn't Neferata still peeved at Nagash for making Vlad his top vampire over her? In which case, not sure if they should be LL's in the same faction.
    Then again, Lahmia and Strigoi are together and they hate each other.

But I definitely like the idea of both Nagash and Neferata havoing hybrid access to both VC and TK rosters,

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,611

In which case, not sure if they should be LL's in the same faction.

Is that a joke?
  • amon_chakaiamon_chakai Registered Users Posts: 224
    SerPus said:

Is that a joke?

Internet Explorer.

That's a joke

• nedstarkisawesomenedstarkisawesome Registered Users Posts: 5
    Like I said I knew this would be un popular but apart from the hein rich kemmler army list there doesn't seem to be many other options
  • 2ndmap2ndmap Registered Users Posts: 105
    edited February 21
    Well I mean, Nagash already had a roster on the Tabletop.

Its admittedly just a combination of Vampire Counts and Tomb King units with a handful of new ones, but I don't see why it couldn't work.
    As for Mortarchs, I think there's been over twelve of them, Dark Omen even had one I think.
    -

Want to learn about the Dark Lands? Check this out: Video Overview of The Dark Lands

-
  • Hanzo11Hanzo11 Registered Users Posts: 71
    That list still presents an opportunity to fill in a few missing units from other factions while still adding a few unique to a Nagash faction. Spirit host, cairn wraith hero , Apophas, both versions of Morghasts, dread abyssal mounts are a few noteworthy additions. I think the best way to introduce Nagash is by making him the overarching undead leadership. Making his version of the same units visually unique in some ways while also buffing their stats to reflect his higher mastery of necromancy would be representative of this. Of course some of the undead legendary lords would have justifiable reasons to resist his leadership, but most such as all the various mortarchs would recognize his power and serve his will if for no other reason than to survive. As the player of one of these characters you could determine if you wanted to serve him and receive certain benefits or resist him and encounter tough battles that could grant different rewards. I think that would allow Nagash to be the powerful force he should be without robbing the player of choice.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 516
    I always say it, Nagash needs a faction of his own focused on elite units.
    Nagash is the father of necromancy and the best in its use so it is logical that his servants are simply better than those of any other necromancer.
  • Hanzo11Hanzo11 Registered Users Posts: 71
    brago90 said:

I always say it, Nagash needs a faction of his own focused on elite units.
    Nagash is the father of necromancy and the best in its use so it is logical that his servants are simply better than those of any other necromancer.

I agree . The units in his faction need to be representative of his power. That would also help his faction feel less like a complete copy and paste job.
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 916
    2ndmap said:

Its admittedly just a combination of Vampire Counts and Tomb King units with a handful of new ones, but I don't see why it couldn't work.
    As for Mortarchs, I think there's been over twelve of them, Dark Omen even had one I think.

Uhmm Khalida? the biggest Vampire hater ever? how and why?
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• 2ndmap2ndmap Registered Users Posts: 105
    edited February 22
    Reghis said:

End Times was not well written
    -

Want to learn about the Dark Lands? Check this out: Video Overview of The Dark Lands

-
    Reghis said:

2ndmap said:

Because Nagash.
  • rrinscheidrrinscheid Registered Users Posts: 149
    I’ve said this before but it’d be cool if every now and then instead of a Chaos invasion we got a similar Nagash invasion instead looking to reclaim his undead horde. And have the undead factions in game fight him off. Maybe give them a diplomacy bonus similar to “cradle of civilization”
    2ndmap said:

Reghis said:

End Times was not well written
    This so much.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,094
    brago90 said:

Reghis said:

2ndmap said:

Because Nagash.
    Nagash pulled on a magic leash that basically gave all undead the choice: be done for it or serve me.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

brago90 said:

Reghis said:

2ndmap said:

Because Nagash.
    Nagash pulled on a magic leash that basically gave all undead the choice: be done for it or serve me.
    Yep, because Nagash
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 185
    Legendary Lords: Nagash, Neferata, Dread King, Arkhan the Black.

Special Cavalry: Black Grail Knights.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 185
    2ndmap said:

Reminds me when the undead were all lumped together in a single faction back in 4th edition.