Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Merwyrms and More

kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 762

I just saw amazing Merwyrms mod by ChaosRobie on workshop, it is recent fact that modders found ways to import and edit models, but this model seems to have be able to use animation of Dread Saurian, is it possible that CA planned to release edited Marewyrm units ?

I posted video that showcases it in game, and it in my opinion has interesting implications regarding of future of modding and additional content.

Comments

• YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 391
    A shame its not all ready
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,190
    Oooh, that is be-yoo-teef-ul to see.

All we need now is someone to do a Sealord Aislinn based in Cothique, and we've got a new faction to play with..
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,187
    I'm not a fan of the HE getting a Merwyrms but those are good models. The creator should go down the formal route and get into the industry.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,190

I'm not a fan of the HE getting a Merwyrms but those are good models. The creator should go down the formal route and get into the industry.

Why so?

Genuine question. They are in the HE armybooks and everything. Do you just not like the aesthetic, or think they'll upset the HE plastyle or something?
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Arsenic said:

Why so?

Genuine question. They are in the HE armybooks and everything. Do you just not like the aesthetic, or think they'll upset the HE plastyle or something?
    I just don't think they suit the aesthetic of the HE, I mean they're a massive slug with legs. I also wonder if the units helps them on land as a normal battlefield unit. It's the same to a lesser extent with the Stormfiend, I do want the Stormfiend but not the nicely polished, sterile version you see in AoS. With the Merwyrm though it just doesn't look right to me.

Also, I haven't seen it in the official army list:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/High_Elves

Do you have an updated list? All I can see is a Shield of the Merwyrm in magical items.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 265
    edited February 2020
    Awesome stuff.

Now make it a mount for Sealord Aislinn!

edit:
    @davedave1124
    The Merwyrm is a HE unit from Monstrum Arcanum and can be used without a Scroll of Binding (see Storm of Magic supplement) by HE armies.
    It has the same relation to the HE as thr Dreadsaurian has to the Lizardmen.

It was never a mount option (yet mounts were much more limited on tabletop)
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,047
    I agree that the pug-faced Merwyrm looks too ugly to be a High Elf unit - however, this was GW's choice of design, and lore-wise the merwyrms do have a connection to High Elves, so it would make sense to include them.
    To me though the way they work is they are called upon at times of great need, so I'd see them more like a powerful weapon like the Prophet of Sotek's final ability.

It's just me, personally I don't think they would look right in a HE army. However, if full on HE fans want them that's fine with me.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,410
    edited February 2020

I agree that the pug-faced Merwyrm looks too ugly to be a High Elf unit - however, this was GW's choice of design, and lore-wise the merwyrms do have a connection to High Elves, so it would make sense to include them.

Taking into account pugs are popular in UK and that HE are basically the British Empire, I think you proved the connection true.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

edited February 2020

Hmmm... I wonder if the HEs give them a more elegant facemask/armour, they'd get away with the aesthetic issue.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 762
    edited February 2020

Awesome stuff.

edit:
    @davedave1124
    The Merwyrm is a HE unit from Monstrum Arcanum and can be used without a Scroll of Binding (see Storm of Magic supplement) by HE armies.

Creator made Giant Undead Merewyrm as mount for Dreadfleet Lords, they are located on some plank on it's rear end, so it seems very possible for Mixu or Cataph to use it as mount for Sea Lord.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,170
    Official Merwyrms when @CA?
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,905
    Wyvax said:

Official Merwyrms when @CA?

Good luck trying to sell us them now.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,047

Awesome stuff.

edit:
    @davedave1124

Creator made Giant Undead Merewyrm as mount for Dreadfleet Lords, they are located on some plank on it's rear end, so it seems very possible for Mixu or Cataph to use it as mount for Sea Lord.

The merwyrm model is great - but that plank makes me chuckle.
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 768
    edited February 2020
    I do not like the animation Merwyrms are using. It fits Dread Saurians, but not water snakey things. I believe that CA can still imporve on the idea.

The fact that modders have been able to do this is awesome though, great job!
  • NeorasNeoras Registered Users Posts: 111
    It is worth noting that the model and animations were created by CA. Modders have only combined resources from game files.
    I mean the Amanar model from the final battle of the Vampire Coast campaign.
    And Dread Saurians animations.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,065
    Neoras said:

It is worth noting that the model and animations were created by CA. Modders have only combined resources from game files.
    I mean the Amanar model from the final battle of the Vampire Coast campaign.
    And Dread Saurians animations.

Yeah, you still have to rig the model though which is a lot of work I'm guessing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file