Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Has Games Workshop delayed the release of Total War Warhammer 3?!?!?!

Snuffy_bear2020Snuffy_bear2020 Registered Users Posts: 16
Honestly this makes sense business wise. I am more of a tabletop player and have seen Games Workshop work around releases. If both are working together then this bodes well for the Old World and Warhammer 3!

Comments

• EdhwenEdhwen Registered Users Posts: 318
    Possibile but I would not bet on it.

Ps: for curiosity... I am the only one satisfied with game 2 and not waiting the third game with impatience? I understand for ogre and chaos players but others...
  • DeathsDayOffDeathsDayOff Registered Users Posts: 479
    I'd say it's a stretch, simply because it wouldn't make that much of a difference, particularly when they have already stated they aren't doing more race packs for warhammer 2, so they must make different types of DLC to hold us over for another year, or make lord packs, effectively meaning that you won't have access to any game 1 or 2 factions cross game 3 packs for quite some time assuming they don't launch with equivalent levels of content, which wouldn't make financial sense.
  • Snuffy_bear2020Snuffy_bear2020 Registered Users Posts: 16
    Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the second game but were inevitably going to get the third game so we might as well get excited about it.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 1,905
    yea, personally I am not really interested in the third game yet. Still need to see what races.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,137
    I am pretty sure that the answer is "No"!

Sega and, through them, CA hold the licence so it will be up to them re production timelines etc. It is possible that GW and CA might collaborate in more depth but this would only happen if CA are prepared to play ball. Ultimately it is up to CA what they develop and when.
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• Frank9945671Frank9945671 Registered Users Posts: 174
    I don't care about delays if we will get highest quality content. If CA or GW need more time for some new interesting features or something really good... Why not? Don't rush them, be patient.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,145
    I really badly want game 3 but I'm very happily playing game 2 right now.

It's excellent healing therapy after the betrayal of Warcraft 3 cutting so deep that they even retroactively tainted my favourite video game of all time by removing the old client. (downloading and installing an old build manually is a pain in the ***)
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    Edhwen said:

Ps: for curiosity... I am the only one satisfied with game 2 and not waiting the third game with impatience? I understand for ogre and chaos players but others...

I’m also patient for WH3. I would prefer more time for WH3 to be really well thought out giving more time for more WH2 content and WH1 content to be brought up to date. More content is always better for the long run for trilogies completion. Really looking forward to what the next Lord Pack brings. Hopefully by the ends the trilogy we will see DoW, Kislev, Middenland with Ulric Units, Elspeth von Draken and so on.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,477
    I heard GW is behind the corona virus.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    Edhwen said:

I'm not waiting Chaos; Chaos Dwarves or Ogre with much impatience, I don't really care about them.

But I hope Game 3 can bring
    - Rework diplomacy
    - Extended map (wth fill Lustria/Southlands, a few more regions in some areas like Bretonia/tilea)
    - A few improvment like flagbearer, dismountable units, better formation, better weather or day/night...

If Game 3 only adds the Darklands, not much interested. If they go as far as including Far East with Cahtay, it starts to get a lot more interesting.

But if I had to chose between Game 3 with only darklands, and no other change, and Game 3 with no map extgension but the points I listed above, I'd forgo the darklands.

The Corona virus is the announcement for Nurgle, monogods confirmed
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097

Can't wait for the announcement for Slaanesh, then, but can we put Khorne off indefinitely?
    Draxynnic said:

Can't wait for the announcement for Slaanesh, then, but can we put Khorne off indefinitely?
    Slaanesh will be announced by the another Florida man raping a gator while high

Khorne will be announced by the old meme where people put english subtitles under the footage of hitler hitler yellow in his bunker.

And worst of all Tzeentch will be the resurrection of the knowledge meme, only after he says knowledge he follows it with "or ignorance?"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,115
    Well, it's possibly more an agreement between both of them. I think someone has already shown evidence that CA decided to extend the scope of the series around the WE DLC. So the answer probably is that both CA and GW decided to delay WH3.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,091
    I think it is more likely that increase development time for Wh2 DLC's and more LP's for Wh2 as well Norsca cause the delay.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 850
    No. They have limited resources and marketing budget and Troy is coming first. Simple as that.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,137

Aren't SEGA the ones pulling the leash?

That is possible but CA is likely to operate with a fair amount of autonomy. Sega does not run day-to-day operations and it will be down to the local studio head to ensure that staff are employed productively. Within the development cycle different teams (programming, art, storyboarding and audio etc) will be involved at different stages.

Storyboarding is likely to be front loaded in terms of their involvement. Audio is likely to have greater involvement as the game approachs completion etc.

Accordingly studios tend to have several projects underway and at different stages of completion and the prioritisation / utilisation will be set by the lead. Some smaller studios may recruit short term contractors to just do certain elements but a studio like CA is more likely to have a core team that transitions between different projects.

Sega can undoubtedly provide instruction re prioritisation but from previous communication it felt like CA were able to determine their priorities and manage their own development cycles.
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

goliath55 said:

No. They have limited resources and marketing budget and Troy is coming first. Simple as that.

Not really, WH 3 could've been originally due for release a year after game 2, however, it was around the time of the first few DLCs CA said they would be expanding the trilogies scope.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,097
    Ingr8 said:

Storyboarding is likely to be front loaded in terms of their involvement. Audio is likely to have greater involvement as the game approachs completion etc.

I'd wonder about this, actually. It obviously can't be left too late since they'll need time to make cinematics, set up supporting campaign mechanics, and so on, but I could see storyboarding as something that happens as late as six months before release, or even later. A lot of the stuff they'd be implementing probably doesn't need to have the precise storyline decided on to be worked on.

Now that I've watched the video the guy on it seems pretty reasonable. I don't think he's said anything crazy on there. Although some of the most popular models from WHFB appear in AoS including Queek, Snikch, LM, Skinks, Rattling Guns etc.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,201
    I hope not.
    Lord Packs are not bringing back my interest for WH2 anymore. I need new races and since pre-order is not a safe bet for this...
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 510
    I think the OP put too few exclamation- and question marks in the title of the thread, the message is not really coming across now.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,376
    Dull delays are better than rushed released. Whether or not it's true, I just want them to take their time and make the best game possible.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    I think the reason why we have to wait for WH3 is that CA wants to make it perfect. WH2 and ME was just rushed and a pure mess.

So it’s good that CA takes all the time they need. No need to rush!
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    goliath55 said:

Wrong. CA already said that WH3 has the biggest budget and dev team ever.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,340
    No.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain