Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Update to UI for Skaven and Vampire Coast to accommodate hidden settlements

redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 278
Since I first started having a play through using the Under-Cities and Vampire Coves mechanics with Skaven and Vampire Coast I have always thought that you should be able to view all your hidden settlements in a menu similar to how the dark elves can view all their provinces to manage slave income in one menu.

Currently if you have sent agents out and established many hidden settlements all over the campaign map its easy forget about one or two and not build it up properly. So if you want to check them you have to zoom out go around the campaign map and look for icons over the settlements that shows them and as you get a larger amount of them they become more difficult to manage. I believe this would be easier in a menu.

In a menu for the Skaven you could include for each Under-City how much money+/-, how much food +/-, how close it is to being discovered, etc. Then you click on the settlement in the menu and it will zoom to the location on the map so that you can build any required buildings.

What do you think and would do it differently?

Comments

• DeathsDayOffDeathsDayOff Registered Users Posts: 479
    Really I just think they need to make it so that if you click on one of them, you can cycle through them all, that's how I go through my cities, and how I find everything I got from a confederation so I don't have to pay for useless lords and heros, nothing else would be needed, but I imagine having a seperate notification that you can build stuff would be useful for some people
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,095
    either works. Anything is better than the WAG system we have now.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 20,932
    I would love that! It’s easy to forget them so some extra tab to scroll through them could help.

I would also appreciate more Information about income of each under city/pirate cove.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,344
    This would be great! However, even if CA allowed me to cycle through the under empire I'd be very happy with that.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

• Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    While we wait for something official, check out this great mod by Vandy that crates a dropdown list of your skaven under cities.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1964649595
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 278
    Jman5 said:

While we wait for something official, check out this great mod by Vandy that crates a dropdown list of your skaven under cities.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1964649595

Been just trying out that mod its pretty good, but again its something that I feel should be implemented into the main game. In the case of the mod the hidden settlements show up in the settlement tab which is another direction you could take and you click on them and it takes you directly to the under-city in the same way regular settlements do.