Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

HELP *CANNOT USE TOMB KINGS DLC* - Multiplayer Campaign - Eye of the Vortex

Vegan_DjakVegan_Djak Registered Users Posts: 3
edited January 2018 in Multiplayer Bugs
What's the issue: I bought the Tomb Kings DLC but I can't select them in a multiplayer versus campaign.

Steps:
1- I host a multiplayer versus campaign on Eye of the Vortex
2 - I select a Tomb King faction.
3 - A player that does not own the DLC joins the game.
4 - I am automatically switched to a non-DLC faction and I cannot select Tomb Kings again (they are greyed out).

Notes:
This issue does not occur in a multiplayer versus campaign on Mortal Empires. I can play Tomb Kings in mortal empires vs someone that does not have the DLC.

* Please help, I have paid a high price to play Tomb Kings against my friend and now they are unusable in my favorite campaign Eye of the Vortex * :|
Post edited by CA_Matthew on

Comments

• CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,016
    Hi @Vegan_Djak ,

Coop in the Vortex campaign requires both players to own the DLC as the design for the Vortex Campaign requires both players to be Tomb King factions. They both work towards the same story objective.

In contrast Mortal Empires coop campaign allows players to play as different factions as this mode is deemed 'sandbox'.

I'm sorry for the confusion,

CA_Matt
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TheGreatOne57TheGreatOne57 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited January 2018

Hi @Vegan_Djak ,

Coop in the Vortex campaign requires both players to own the DLC as the design for the Vortex Campaign requires both players to be Tomb King factions. They both work towards the same story objective.

In contrast Mortal Empires coop campaign allows players to play as different factions as this mode is deemed 'sandbox'.

I'm sorry for the confusion,

CA_Matt

I am not trying to play *COOP*, I am trying to play a *VERSUS CAMPAIGN* on Eye of the Vortex.

Are you saying that even if we both owned the Tomb Kings DLC we would still be forced to play only Tomb Kings factions on Eye of the Vortex ?

To be clear: *There is no way to play Tomb Kings vs another faction in Eye of the Vortex versus campaign* ?
    Post edited by TheGreatOne57 on
  • FerukFeruk Registered Users Posts: 6
    He's clearly talking about versus which he mentions more than once, so why talk about coop? read before you answer please, this post is far from SOLVED.
  • Vegan_DjakVegan_Djak Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    Exactly
    Post edited by Vegan_Djak on
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,850
    They are just ignoring the question and problem, seems like CA only cares about money now..
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,016
    Hey guys,

My apologies, I meant Head to Head. It actually is the same for both modes as the Tomb Kings are designed to not take part in the Vortex, and instead have their own goals. As such to play as the Tomb Kings, both players are required to own the DLC before they become available for selection.
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Vegan_DjakVegan_Djak Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,

My apologies, I meant Head to Head. It actually is the same for both modes as the Tomb Kings are designed to not take part in the Vortex, and instead have their own goals. As such to play as the Tomb Kings, both players are required to own the DLC before they become available for selection.

Let me try to ask my question again:
    If we *both* own the Tomb Kings DLC, can we play Tomb Kings vs another faction in Head to Head campaign in Eye of the Vortex ?
    If, as you say, they are designed not to take part in the vortex it means if someone doesn't own Warhammer 1 and buys this dlc he can only play solo (no mortal empires), all the while you advertize on the dlc's steampage that you can play multiplayer.
  • MikhaelHMikhaelH Member Registered Users Posts: 205
    edited February 2018
    I am having issues playing Head to head in ME with my friend, I have the DLC, she does not ... unless I am mistaken shouldn't this work in ME? We have tested with 0 mods, and get incompatible version. In fact, we cannot play together under either campaign in any mode (just tested).

We have verified both our games (I had a mysterious 2.2 gig download) but it made no difference. I have gone through the data folder with a fine comb looking for any mod vestiges, but there is nothing there.

*The mystery grows. After deleting all mods (not just disabling) and checking the data folder we could join the same campaign. Then on re-enabling identical mods we once again could not join game. Then after disabling all mods (but not deleting) (a vanilla game) we again could not join the same campaign.

So what this seems to imply, is that not only can one not play with mods at all at the moment in Campaign MP, but you cannot even have disabled/inactive mods in your data folder and play an MP vanilla campaign.

If other people are not experiencing this, please comment.
    Post edited by MikhaelH on
  • VVulfeVVulfe Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2018
    I am having a similar issue. My friend and I BOTH own the Tomb Kings DLC. We try to play a head to head match on Eye of the Vortex as different factions, but if one player selects Tomb Kings, it locks us both into playing Tomb Kings.
    For what possible reason is this the case in head to head?
    Halp?
    If this is a game mechanics issue I really hope they change it.. the tomb king dlc is great, but it's awful not being able to play it in head to head.
  • oebelyskoebelysk Registered Users Posts: 4
    this is **** ****. someone in CA change this ****, this didn't use to be an issue
This discussion has been closed.