Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So I think there are enough units to do another Tomb King lord pack.

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,321
---Tomb Kings---
Legendary Lord: Prince Apophas
Lord Option: Liche High Priest
Hero: Tomb Herald
Units:
Mummies
Ushabti (Great Weapons)
Khemric Titan

I feel like Mummies and Scarabs would fully flesh out the Universal Horror theme.
Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Comments

• BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 307
    Why would we be paying twice for the same unit in some minor weapon variation of ushabtis?
    Maybe replace that with some sort of cat themed unit since the Egyptians were quite big on cats. Maybe even add the semi croc thing as monstrous infantry
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,329
    But if ever far after BM, WE, WoC and the first riw of game 3 LPs and one CP.

I think TK generic lord could easily be flc, same with LL.

Even one more LL each game 1 race is more important. I want strigoi ghul king LL.

Why would we be paying twice for the same unit in some minor weapon variation of ushabtis?
    Maybe replace that with some sort of cat themed unit since the Egyptians were quite big on cats. Maybe even add the semi croc thing as monstrous infantry

Beside khemric titan and other units, an ushabti with great weapons is legit. They shouldnt promote it as completly new, but very likely they need new weapon handling animation. Every LP has more simply units or weapon variants. Red crested skinks, archer for empire, so ushabti variant is legit (if its not the only monstrous unit.)

Btw TK gas those living mummy cats, forgot the name but they would be very cool
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,440
    TK are the most complete race
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    edited March 3
    Mummies are basically todays Lords/Heroes and Tomb Guards.

So while I can see a seperate unit entry, the fact that they are already all around in todays Tomb King lore, makes a justification rather hard. Especially regarding the role in the army, since I have doubts they would work very different then Tomb Guards.

The Tomb Herald is basically 1:1 a Tomb Prince. In TT, he just had the option to be a standard bearer, which is quite useless in TWW since here standards are packed into the Lords "follower" slots.

Ushabti with Great Weapons could be a thing, but is not really needed.

Khemric Titan would be nice but it is kind alike the Dread Saurian in the Lizard list. Another bigger monster for a allready bloated monster list. While nice, actually needed it is not.

------Red Dox
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,868
    I would pay full price just for the Titan, you know.
  • foureyes85foureyes85 Registered Users Posts: 175
    edited March 3
    I am happy with what the TK got (though I would like liche priests to be able to ride a carrion). That said, the Khemric Titan looks really cool. In Warhammer Warmaster the TK had Bone Throwers in addition to the catapults, but they are not strictly needed.

• kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 333
    If there is a chance to tomb kings lord pack, then they add beastmen, wood elves, warriors of chaos and bretonnia lord pack first or riot!
  • SteamageSteamage Registered Users Posts: 785
    I would love another tomb kings lord pack <3
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,440
    kufaree said:

If there is a chance to tomb kings lord pack, then they add beastmen, wood elves, warriors of chaos and bretonnia lord pack first or riot!

I agree, if DLC for DLC should ever become a thing, other races need it way more.

TK already have 4 LLs, WE and BM first please.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,493
    edited March 3
    We need another Legendary Lord for Tomb Kings, Liche High Priest Lord (no reason the only one should be a LL) and the Khemric Titan (its the only faction that could get it). How that comes about doesn't matter.
    ArneSo said:

kufaree said:

I agree, if DLC for DLC should ever become a thing, other races need it way more.

TK already have 4 LLs, WE and BM first please.
    BM are likely getting stuff when game three hits with its oversaturation of Chaos.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,248
    Tomb Kings should not receive a Lord Pack.

FLC additions like High Liche Priest and Bone Giant Weapon Variants would be most welcome however.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 819
    People need to consider that CA just don't want to spend time endlessly churning out all the possible content they could , even if it would sell. At some point they will want to move on to other projects, no matter the amateur business gurus' proclamations that more content is a no brainer. They are still constrained by budget and time, not withstanding the creative desire to work on new projects.

When this trilogy is completed there will be plenty of unexplored corners , races and characters and that's to be expected. They can't meet the deep expectations of every single customer. Expecting additional content for a faction like the Tomb Kings who are very complete, is s waste of time.
  • BigbadbearpieceBigbadbearpiece Registered Users Posts: 85
    Tomb King FLC would be nice. I can’t see them getting a Lord Pack though.

A new LL (couldn’t say who) and High Liche Priest Lord variant would be great, plus maybe a unit or two.

They are a seriously cool race and a major one at that, so it would be a shame if they didn’t get a few little extras. Plus it may aid in their fights against the factions most affected by power creep and give them more of a role in determining how the late game plays out.
    More LL for Wood Elves please.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,960
    I Updated my TK missing stuff list not to long ago:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/248432/tomb-kings-updated-missing-characters-and-units#latest

They have enough left for 2ish LP's
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,960
    btw, I know he's liked simply because of his TT model, but Apophas shouldn't be a Lord, mainly because hes not even the most interesting characters remaining. Ramhotep, Tutanhkanut and Sehensemet are infinitely better for mechanics and unit affinity and storyline.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,438

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/248432/tomb-kings-updated-missing-characters-and-units#latest

I really don't like "mummies" as a generic unit. The Tomb Kings and Princes *are* mummies.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,990
    Legendary lord: Prince Tutankhanut
    Generic lord: Liche High Priest
    Units:
    -Khemric TItan
    -Bunch of Scythian units, mostly cavalry. The scythans are a nomad tribe worshipping Tutankhanut as a god
    -Mummies
    -Bastheti

FLC: Prince Apophas

Now we're talking.
    Ah yeah Bastheti was the name for the giant mummy cats.
    This and a second generuc lord choice would be nice.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,321
    edited March 3

I really don't like "mummies" as a generic unit. The Tomb Kings and Princes *are* mummies.
    the universal studios design of a mummy is iconic and its not as if they didn't also preserve the dead by wrapping them. I could see them being a mirror to Zombies from VC. High HP low combat stats. Cheap.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,941

the universal studios design of a mummy is iconic and its not as if they didn't also preserve the dead by wrapping them. I could see them being a mirror to Zombies from VC. High HP low combat stats. Cheap.
    What does universal studios have to do with anything here?

Mummies on the TT were elites that were infamously hard to kill, but they were turned into the hero and lord picks of the TK. Zombies...as if the TK need another chaff unit.

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,131
    The Bastheti and the Khemric Titan would make for a nice Lord Pack, that's at least as good as the Empire getting War Wagons and Huntsmen or the Vampire Counts getting Corpse Carts and Mortis Engines.

However I think it's far more likely that the Tomb Kings might someday get an additional FLC lord, and maybe FLC units in the form of melee Bone Giants or something, than them getting a full-on lord pack.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,493
    edited March 3
    goliath55 said:

People need to consider that CA just don't want to spend time endlessly churning out all the possible content they could , even if it would sell. At some point they will want to move on to other projects, no matter the amateur business gurus' proclamations that more content is a no brainer. They are still constrained by budget and time, not withstanding the creative desire to work on new projects.

When this trilogy is completed there will be plenty of unexplored corners , races and characters and that's to be expected. They can't meet the deep expectations of every single customer. Expecting additional content for a faction like the Tomb Kings who are very complete, is s waste of time.

They aren't complete though. They haven't had any additional content since their release (the Bone Giant was intended for the DLC and not complete in time). They only have one non-LL lord choice. Thats lazy dev work.

LL, Generic Lord Choice, Unit Variants and Big Monster (Khemric Titan) would sell better than a HE portion of a lord pack given they literally have two chariots, a LL and a Generic lord option left...
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,724
    hamurai, the petra squad, may be some of them lived against nagash or the curse was lifted on some of them.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,868

Nah, being preserved as a mummy is highly expensive. That's the whole point of the Tomb Kings, the better your corpse was preserved the strongest your are when you come back to un-life.