Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun 2 Mechanic - Send Kid

Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,501
I forgot the name of the original diplomatic option... but remember when you could/demand one of your kids to ensure that you (or they) do not break a treaty with you? I would like to see that returned...

I begin to tire of my petty vassals betraying me.. only for me to send my Xiliang horsemen of the apocalypse to raze their cities to the ground... I want more... I want to eradicate entire clans who dare betray my magnificence... how dare they conspire against me... does my magnificent Dong beard command no respect?!

Automatically, those who become my vassal, should send one of their sons or daughters to my court, so that I my eviscerate them if they even think about betraying me! In turn... I should pay a salary to ensure they are well fed and looked after... Perhaps even lend my all-knowing knowledge and wisdom to them, so that they may serve my empire...

My allies, as lucky as they are to BE my allies... should also send an offering to ensure the stability and security of our mutual... alliance... of course, if they dared ask for one of MY relatives as a source of "stability and security" I may consider sending one of my weaker, unimportant whelps, that would be no great loss if I considered the alliance no longer needed...

:)
"I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin

Comments

• tuanphannhattuanphannhat Registered Users Posts: 53
    "Demand hostages" ?
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,318
    Oh yeah i remember that thing
    It never worked so i never bothered with it.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    Well only the Big Dong has the option to execute characters, also there is an event called "hostage sent" which basically gives you a free character. I can't recall any other hostage events off of the top of my head.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,789
    I wouldn't mind seeing the hostage mechanic brought back. Anything that adds some more meaningful depth to diplomacy and campaign gameplay is good in my book! The only issue is that it never really worked in Shogun 2, so it was never worth bothering with.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,501

Well only the Big Dong has the option to execute characters, also there is an event called "hostage sent" which basically gives you a free character. I can't recall any other hostage events off of the top of my head.

Yeah... it's quite unfair, because all the other "lords" executed people at will... it should be a world thing. Dong Zhuo should just get more "intimidation" from doing it, along with executing enemy captives and their generals.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,501

I wouldn't mind seeing the hostage mechanic brought back. Anything that adds some more meaningful depth to diplomacy and campaign gameplay is good in my book! The only issue is that it never really worked in Shogun 2, so it was never worth bothering with.

Agreed... this must change.. otherwise there is no point. AI should be far more... precious towards it's own characters, especially if using them as a hostage.
  • lilpopelilpope Registered Users Posts: 78

Agreed... this must change.. otherwise there is no point. AI should be far more... precious towards it's own characters, especially if using them as a hostage.
    Yes the AI never cares for its hero's especially good unique generals. Liu Bei banashining Guan Yu just shows this... The Liu Bei AI would never be able to get the 5 tiger generals. I'd like to see the AI put priority on unique generals, as it helps immersion rather than fighting against Liu Bei's endless stacks of militia clones