Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.
I've been attempting to get a multiplayer game going for about a month now, but , it says my friend and I have incompatible versions when one of us tries to join the other, despite using pretty much the exact same version.
We aren't using mods, but despite having 0 mods enabled, it stills says (modded) on my version ID (which I have not been able to fix). I've tried validating my game cache, we've both reinstalled multiple times, we've tried using the new 1.8.3 beta as well as the original version. We've both compared our modified.txt files. His is completely empty, and mine has a whole bunch of entries labeled "[Mod name] unknown file"