Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.
So I suppose nothing is definitive as of now but some key points I could tell :
- Cavalry seems to be faster now (especially in the case of Light Cav), in the Let's Play by SmartDonkey you can tell that Cavalry is still S tier material (because well yeah, same old reasons, they are the best hammer for an anvil)
- Horse Pasture nerfed. From 5/10/14/18/20% to 2/4/6/8/10%. I personnally think it's a bit on the heavy handed side for the nerf, 2/4/6/10/15% would have felt better (to emphasize the research over the base value the building gives you)
- Crossbows range decreased to 200. It's not 150 but I'll take it, 250 was really overkill now it definitely feels like the Archer/Crossbow comparison is now tighter.
- Some armor ancillaries have seen the Wu Xing points augmented. (Especially light/medium armour as far as I could tell ?). While I appreciate the increase in the Wu Xing points I believe it's missing the point that Light/Medium armour should give a raw stat to compensate for the lower armour rating (say : 10% Melee Evasion for Light Armour and 5% Melee Evasion for Medium Armour). Also it seems we still have ancillaries (Heavy armours) that reduce Wu Xing - which I don't like.
- Overall it seems we also have much more variations with career effects (be it the amount of Wu Xing and scope of effects), I'm not sure I like that as I believe streamlining makes it easier to balance. But why not.
- Interestingly enough I couldn't help but notice that Chen Gong didn't seem to have the usual Attack speed debuff of Strategists - but Diao Chan still did. I kinda hope CA offs that debuff entierely for all characters, as they should off the Yellow Turbans Melee Defence and Attack Speed debuffs.
- And it seemed to me that the recruitment costs of faction unique units is down compared to before. Which is great if it confirms itself.
Thanks to WhiskeyJack for reminding me of the following as well since I forgot (oops) :
- Population increase now gives Bonus Income from all sources from Bonus Income from peasentry, also increases the amount of food the province produces. Overall I think it's a pretty big buff for all cities, however I wonder about peasentry income as it seems it's the big looser (but perhaps there are more factors that make Peasentry better)
Another thing that was forgotten, my bad.
- Demand Abdication is back - which indicates that CA recognized the issue was a bug. However I couldn't see the "Confederate" option that should be in the same area (even if greyed out since only unlocked at King's rank). Unfortunate as Confederating was the counter to vassals.
11/03 EDIT :
- Bandits are now their own cultural group which means no more Confederation/Unification with them apparently.