Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.
The rules have been made by [GREEK-MENANDROS]. The nathional leader of Greece at Rome 1 Total War. The leader of the [GREEK-CLAN] at Rome 1 Total War. Those will be the multiplayer Campaign Rules.
MULTIPLAYER CAMPAIGN RULES
1) When the players are playing they must speak from the steam or viber or FB or something else. The game is not posible if the two enemy players does not speak! They must be connected all the time and speak all the time to each other. After that , both human enemy players must read all the Multiplayer Campaign Rules and learn them very well. First they must speak and then learn the rules. Or first they must learn the rules and then find a way to speak. The point is that they must do both!
2) If one human player want to make war then he must declare war to his enemy human. First you declare war and then you move your armys outside your teritory or outside your ally teritory.
3) When you have war against your enemy human , then you can not move your armys inside foreign territory if you do not have military access. When you do not have war against your enemy human player , then you can do anything you want. You can move inside the computer factions areas , without having military access.
4) When you have war against your enemy human , then you can not siege his capitol if you have not first taken all his city's from the side of your country. You must take all the citys, even if the owners are other factions. For examble : Lets say that , one enemy player has Rome Faction and the other enemy player has the Greek Faction of Seleucids. So lets say that , the Greek Seleucids have taken all the citys of Minor Asia. If the enemy human who has the Roman Faction wants to attack , then he must take all the citys at minor asia to the west of Antioch. The enemy player who has the Roman faction can not just start running with his army from Greece to Antiochia. First he must conquer all the citys and then go to the Greek Capitol City of Antioch. He must conquer all the citys even if the owners of those citys are hia allys or other AI factions.
5) When the war starts , both enemy players must have 20 units inside their capitol . That means the number of garisson units ( except mobs) plus the units from the forth barracks . For example : if the garrison units are 9 (except mobs) , then you must make 11 elit units inside your capitol. Those units it is not allowed to move them for the rest of the game. Ofcourse if a player wants to have more elit units , its allowed. But it is not allowed to have less than 20 units inside your Capitol. The units that the enemy players will make inside their capitol , must be elit units from the forth baracks. If a human player has the Romans , then he must use Proterians for the garisson army of his capitol.
6) The players must make at least twenty (20) non-aggression pacts . They can not start war before! That rule can change only if both players want. But they can not change that rule before they start playing. That rule can be changed only after the end of the tenth (10) non-aggression pact! A war to start before the twentieth (20) non-aggression pact must be agreed by both human players.
7) The players can make any army they like against the computer. They can choose any unit they like and as many as they like.
8)When you have war against your enemy human , then the army rules are those : max 2 skirmising units (peltasts , archers and horse archers count as skirmising units) - (Royal Peltasts count as infandry). Max 4 cavarly per 20 units ( max 1 elephant , max 1 chariot - elephants and chariots count as cavarly).
9) When you do non-aggression pact with your enemy human , both of the players must fully respect it for 10 turns. No one of the two players can attack each other for 10 turns. When the ten turns finish , then one of the two players must stop the non-aggression pact and start it again (except if he want to make war with the other human player).
10) The players before they start the game , they must split the territory. For example : If one player have Macedonia and the other Rome , then the players must speak and say : the provinces in Italy and in africa plus the provinces of the west are for Rome. The provinces in Greece plus Illiria plus all the provinces to the north of Macedonia and the provinces to the east of Macedonia are for Macedonia. The same way if the players choose other Greek country's. They must speak before the game starts! especially about that! For those twenty (20) non-agresine pacts who the human players can not start war they must fully respect those territorys. As long both human players are playing (and they do not have war) , they must respect the territory of each other.
11) You can take the capitol of your enemy human only by siege battle. You can not wait until the enemy army come out. the garrison it is not allowed to go out of the capitol. If the player does not want to make siege battle , then the only thing he can do is that : wait until turns are finish and then he stops the siege and start it again. That rule is only for the capitol city!
12) When you have war against your enemy human , it is not allowed for both of the players to make forts! The human players , they can use the forts , when they have war against the computer factions.
13) when you have war against your enemy human , it is not allowed to use spys or dignitarys or Champions against your enemy human.It is allowed only to sent all of them to spy and nothing else. Only to watch. Ofcourse you can use the dignitarys or the Champions inside your armys if you like or inside your country. You can do anything you want with them , except attacking to your enemy human player. If your armys attacking to the enemy human player , it is allowed to have your dignitarys or your champions inside your armys. It is allowed to upgrade your armys with Champions or dignitarys. But , you can not use them to damage the enemy player at any point! Ofcourse you can use them inside you country if you like.
14) If you occupied one town or city or provinse , of your enemy human it is not allowed to destroy the buildings of the city or town or provinse. You can build only one temple and you can stop the taxis. That the only think you can do. You can build only one temple at all the province you have taken from your enemy human. Thats the only think you can do. To that rule i must explain that the player, if he wants he stop the taxis. He does not have to stop them. If he wants, he can stop the taxis. The rules say that he must not destroy the buildings of the province. He can destroy only one building in his new provinse and build a temple of his culture. If you conquer the citys of your human enemy allys, then you can destroy the citys and build any anything you like inside. Ofcourse if one player conquer citys of the other players allys or Satrapys then he can build inside those provinse anything he wants. That rule is only when a human player occupied a town or a city inside the territory of his enemy human player.
15) The human players must play all the battles against the computer at open field , except the battles who the computer enemy has 50% less soldiers than the human player. That rule is only for the battles at open field.
16) The human players must play all the attacking siege battles against the computer , except the battles who the computer enemy has 75% less soldiers than the human player. That rule is only for the attacking siege battles that the human player is attacking.
17) The human player must play all the defensing siege battles against the computer , except the battles who the computer enemy has 50% less soldiers than the human player. That rule is only for the defensing siege battles that the human player is defending.
18) The human players must play all the battles against the computer , except if both human players agree to make auto resolve to one battle. It is very important the human players to remember the rules , 15 , 16 , 17. It is very important for both players to agree for Auto resolve. If one player does not agree then the other human player must play the battle. But if a human player wants to play a battle, then it doesnt matter what the rules say. He can play it. The rules are for those human players who doesnt want to play the battles. Those players must follow the rules.
19) The human player must declare war to his enemy human and then he can move his fleets outside his waters. First he declare war and then he move his fleets agenst his human enemy. He can not move his fleets inside the waters of his enemy player and then declare war. Ofcourse the players can have their fleets close to their borders if they want.
20) The human players can not start war , if they do not have borders. They can start war only if they have borders or if their allys or their satrapys have borders.
21) The human players play only their armys or the armys of their military allys or the armys of their satrapys and client states. It is not allowed a human player to play armys from factions that he does not have military allianse (or satrapys or client states). If one human player has defenseve allianse with a faction, then he can not play the armys of that faction.
22) The time for one turn must be 10 minutes.
23) The non-aggression pacts , starts when the diplomacy of the 2 enemy human players is possible.
24) If the human players have a battle , and the armys of both enemy players are frozen for any military reason , then the battle will win it the human player who have more units. For examble : If one human player have 10 infantry and 2 archers and the second player has 2 horses only. Then the player who has the 10 infantry units and the 2 archers will freeze his infantry units to protect his archers (he can not run and kill the enemy cavalry because the cavalry is faster). That means practicaly that the battle will stop (the time will run , but the units will make no move). In that scenario the human player with the 2 cavalry must run out of the field (out of the red line). Or , if he can not do that , he must let his enemy player to kill his 2 cavalry.
25) When the enemy human players are fighting against each other , it is not allowed the Noob Box. The Noob Box is allowed , only when the human players are fighting against the Computer (AI).
26) When the enemy human players are fighting against each other , it is not allowed the red line camping. The red line camping is allowed only , when the human players are fighting against the Computer (AI).
27) The Capitol Garisson Army must be build at the time of the twenteith (20) non-aggression pact. The Garisson army of the capitol must be minimum 20 units and it can not be moved for the rest of the game. If both of the human players want to make war at the end of the tenth (10) non-aggression pact , then they must build the Capitol Garisson Army at the time of the tenth (10) non-aggression pact. I must say again here that , both human players must agree for a war before the twenteith (20) non-aggression pact.
28) When the 2 enemy human players are fighting a battle against each other , in the end it is not allowed for the player who lost the battle to press "end battle" . The player who lost , he must press "continue battle". Only if both enemy players agree , then they can press "end battle" .
29) Both , enemy human players must research first the fourth Baracks technology. They must research nothing else. Only the fourth Baracks. After that the enemy human players can research any technology they want.
30) When the 2 enemy human players have war against each other then , the transport ships are not allowed to attack to the enemy transport ships. Transport ships are used only to transfer the armys. The Naval Battles , will be fought by the Naval Fleets only! Ofcourse it is allowed the Naval fleets to attack to other Naval fleets or it is allowed the Naval fleets to attack to enemy transport ships. The rules say , that the transport ships is ONLY for transport the armys! It is not allowed to attack with your transport ships , against the transport ships of your enemy human player. If one human player attack with his 20 war ships and his 20 transport ships against the 20 war ships of his enemy human , then the naval battle will be fought only by the war ships. The human player who has the transport ships must retreat his 20 transport ships outside the red line of the water field.
31) When you have two of your armies in your transport ships and you head to the state of your enemy human player, then if you disembark one of your troops from the two on the enemy human player ground, then you will have the right to the battle to disembark and the second army of yours, undisturbed. If you've only disembarked one of your armys and suddenly you are attacked and forced to battle by your human enemy, then as the battle is played, your enemy human player has to wait for your second army to disembark from your transport ships. When you have disembarked your second army from your transport ships, then the battle will begin. When your human enemy player waits for you to disembark your second army from your transport ships, he has to wait a long distance. I mean, if you manage to disembark one of your troops from the two, then you managed to disembark 50% of your power on the ground. If that happens, then you get the right to the battle to disembark and the remaining 50% of your power, undisturbed! This rule applies only to a human player carrying his 2 armies with transport ships. Let's just say now that one human player has an army and a naval fleet and manages to disembark his army. If his enemy human player, attack him then he does not have to wait. He can attack immediately. The human player with Naval Fleet will have to disembark the army of his fleet as he plays the battle.
32) When the two human players start war, then it is not allowed for both of the players to ask or axept Peace Treaty from the military allys or satrapys or claint states of the other human player. The players must fight players allys too. It is not allowed for the human player to ask Peace treaty only from his human enemys allys (or client states or satrapys) who are to his territory. For the territorys you can read again the tenth (10) rule.
33) The time of the battles must be unlimited.
34) When the two enemy human players have a siege battle against each other, then the attacking human player must kill all the army of the defending human player. The attacking human player first he kills all the army of his enemy human player and then he capture the capture points (flags). The attacking human player, it is not allowed to capture any capture point (flag) before he kills all the army of his enemy human player! That rule applys to the siege battles against the enemy human players. The human players if they play against the computer (AI), they can capture the capture points (flags) any time they like.
35) When the 2 human players have war with each other then it is allowed to rebuild a city or a province (when they capture it) with buildings of their culture if the citys are NOT inside their human enemy territory.
36) When the human player fights agenst the computer (AI) or the other human player, it is not allowed to press the bottom quit battle. If the human player wants to retreet, then he can press the bottom of the white flag and retreet his army from the red line of the battlefield.
37) If a human player wants to start war to his human enemy then he must say it to his human enemy player at the bigging of the last non-agression pact.
38) The fleets have rules like the armys. max 2 skirmising units per 20 fleet units. That means that inside your fleet, you can have only 2 ships who have peltasts or archers. The rest 18 war ships must have melee infandry. Thureos spears , Karian Axemen and Hillmen count as melee infandry. Agenst the computer (AI) you can use any fleet you want.
39) When the two human players fight a battle agenst each other and both of the players have more than 2 armys, then if for any rezon the armys are frozen close to their red line (or somewhere else), then both players must move their armys to the cender of the battlefield to fight the battle there. Then the new units who are coming to the battlefield, it will take them the same time to join their armys.
40) When you siege a town or a city who has port then you must make a battle to take it. It is not allowed to force the enemy army to go out of the city. That rule applies if you siege the town only with armys. If you siege the town with your armys and at the same time you siege the port of that town with your fleets then you can force the enemy army to came out of the city. You can not siege the port with only one ship. The fleet must have atlist 20 units of war ships. Ofcourse that rule is only when the two human players have war with each other. That rule is the same for the military allys , client states and satrapys of your enemy human player who are inside his territory.