Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire counts bug with The Oak of Ages

Comments

• ZerwasZerwas Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same here. I conquered the oak lvl 3 so i got -15% ukeep (all armies) and +6 depravity each region!!!, this causes +24 depravity n provinces with 4 regions ... And thats hard with vampire count.
    Its impossible to build the occupied version of the oak.
  • ToastedAmphibianToastedAmphibian Registered Users Posts: 4
    I razed and recolonized it. So I get Oak of Ages (Ruined). No drawbacks that way, at least.
  • TallwakiedudeTallwakiedude Registered Users Posts: 27
    I have seen that happen to Miragliano, Couronne and Karak-Eight-peaks across 3 different play throughs. I believe its after Beastmen and/or Chaos burn it down. Seems only certain factions are affected by it though. Safest way is to raze it yourself and rebuild. This is a beta afterall

• ToastedAmphibianToastedAmphibian Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2020

No, that's not effective. As I said, I did raze it to the ground, myself, and still got the Wood Elf version of the Oak instead of the Vampire version. I had a quick save from before I attacked it. Tried Occupy, Loot and Occupy, and Raze. All resulted in me having the wrong version (at various levels, obviously). No Beastmen or Chaos involved.
    That's a shame. I will reload my autosaves (I do incremental end of turn autosaves) and see if Miragliano is any better if I burn it down first.

I saw the issue in my Beastmen campaign with Couronne which I burnt down. Heinrich Kemmler settled it but it was permenantly a 0. Couronne took it back over and it was still a 0. Skaven took it back over and it became normal again, probably due to their food boost build mechanic.

In my Tomb Kings Settra campaign I saw Karak-Eight-Peaks stuck as a 0 for most of the game so presumably someone must have burnt that down too. I had assumed it was chaos/beastmen but might have just been the orcs.
    Can confirm that razing does not clear the issue. I also spent a couple of turns to wander up to the Oak to burn that down and settle but same there too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file