Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Prebuilt PC specs!! Need help!

super_nova13super_nova13 Registered Users Posts: 3
Hello, I’m someone with a lack of knowledge when it comes to what a PC needs and has that would be optimal for total war games. I’ve currently discovered total war and have been playing off my work laptop becuase that’s all I have to hand atm. I want to start playing properly and want to play the Warhammer games. I do own them but even after download it’s become very obvious that there isn’t any point even considering playing with my laptop.

I am looking for a pre-built pc that can handle it and this is what I’m currently looking at :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VGJDKZ4/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile?th=1&psc=1

Will this run the game well? If so in your personal opinions what settings and graphics ect?
Sorry for being a total noob at this aha!

Comments

• super_nova13super_nova13 Registered Users Posts: 3
    If any of you have a better PC choice that would be helpful! I’ve considered making my own but I don’t have any idea what I’d be doing! And the like I placed is a rough idea of my price range give or take
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,025
    It'll work, but it's a bit wimpy.

My biggest complaint about that thing, is the RAM. You really shouldn't do a gaming PC today with only 8GB.

Second thing, that processor is pretty weak. The 9600K is a beast in comparison, so is the 9700F. A Ryzen 5 3600(not 1xxx or 2xxx, only third gen Ryzen's) is way better than that too.

If you spend about $500 more, you can get a beast of a machine compared to that with a 1tb nvme drive and a 2070 super, but you should be able to do a system with 16GB and a much better processor for under a grand.

This would be pretty ideal:
    https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Computer-Element-9260-i7-9700F/dp/B07V34QQ3C/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=9700f+16gb&qid=1586284868&sr=8-1
  • super_nova13super_nova13 Registered Users Posts: 3
    @psychoak

How does this sound?

ADMI Gaming Desktop PC Intel 9600K 4.6Ghz CPU, RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB, 16GB 2400MHz, 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 600mbps Wifi, Windows 10

This is what I’m looking at now. It’s £1100. You think it is worth the money? And if it would run on high or ultra settings? Preferably ultra or am I being far to optimistic? I also appreciate you explaining a little bit more of what to look for it is a big help! It is 9600K and 16GB RAM but for the rest I still don’t know exactly what I’m looking for.
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,025
    That should do ultra about as well as anything will. Even the bottom end of the RTX line is sufficient for 1080p at ultra. I wouldn't try to do 4K gaming with it, you'll probably stay below 30 FPS permanently, but you should be able to do 2560x1440 with a reasonable frame rate.