Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nefereta is the FLC, Coven Throne new Mount

dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
I'm gonna throw it out there that Nefereta is my bet for next FLC lord and she'll come with the coven Throne mount for VC.

Coincidence???? Probably!

Also this, never forget!

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 2,184
    Does the m stand for months or minutes? If it’s minutes then he clearly means further down the road. Not this lord pack.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 458
    Maybe. I would certainly be fine with Neferata as the FLC lord choice.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,962
    edited April 21
    My heart beat fast for a second. I thought her official concept art.

It's not confirmed yet, if ever why do you need to download separately her mount?

Coven Throne shall be mandatory if she is the FLC LL, not separated just like Griffon if Eltharion is DLC.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,284
    What an awful waste of a character it would be(unless they give her royal FLC treatment).

If it is true then... big conspiracy time: CA/GW voted for her in this recent poll(https://www.strawpoll.me/19808520) to soften, create expectations and prepare us.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,011
    You beast, for a few seconds I thought that was actual artwork!!

Wouldn't object, it's as good a guess as any other.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • epic_159733755279KLldbHxepic_159733755279KLldbHx Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 385
    Neferata deserves more then to be a FLC in my opinion as the most important vampire in the setting. But who knows how CA will implement her.
  • NinjasoupNinjasoup Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 136
    I really hope so!
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,724
    would be nice, VC roster is complete and adding her now with all the dark lands additions should be no problem. They just need to add her mountain with the occupied dwarf hold.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    edited April 21
    inhales

BRING ME NEFERATA'S HEAD

I wouldn't actually be surprised if Neferata was the FLC, though I see strictly no reason to have the Coven Throne as a separate FLC.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    ROMOBOY said:

Does the m stand for months or minutes? If it’s minutes then he clearly means further down the road. Not this lord pack.

It was months ago, like I took that screenshot at the time which I think was the AMA before Hunter and the Beast....9/2019
    dchip1 said:

ROMOBOY said:

It was months ago, like I took that screenshot at the time which I think was the AMA before Hunter and the Beast....9/2019
    Either this one or the one for P&W.
    edited April 21
    neodeinos said:

inhales

BRING ME NEFERATA'S HEAD

I wouldn't actually be surprised if Neferata was the FLC, though I see strictly no reason to have the Coven Throne as a separate FLC.

To make it look like there are more FLC to come, it's like Kroak as FLC LL with floating chair as FLC Mount

Anyways, better to wait and see
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    srsly undead/vampires again :/
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 747
    I don't want neferata to be Flc, she would just end up being very generic without cool faction mechanics. The only flc that actually had a unique mechanic was Alith Anar, but all the other ones just had unimportant or nonexisten unique mechanis. She should be base game 3 or game 3 dlc not some crappy flc without anything interesting.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,303
    neodeinos said:

inhales

BRING ME NEFERATA'S HEAD

Aw sh**, time for Khalida campaign part deux: Electric Boogaloo!

Regarding the scenario posited by the OP, I think it could happen if Neferata herself does not have the option to mount a Coven Throne in game. If she comes with her own Coven Throne, it'd be redundant (and a bit disingenuous) to separate the two into different FLC items, they'd just back-fill her mount to other characters where appropriate.

On a sidenote: why do some people, like the reddit guy asking the question, want Neferata to start in Lahmia or think she will? It puts her right next door to Khalida and the rivalry would be over in like 10 turns. Would be so anti-climactic. She should start in the Silver Pinnacle and capturing Lahmia should be one of her campaign objectives.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

Barrel02 said:

Latest VCounts content was well, their rework which has been a while ago now. There's no issue making another VCounts content.

I'm seriously tired of the vampires content hate just because they had two FLCs LLs in Warhammer 1. We get it, people didn't like that but it's time to let it go.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Wasn't there some kind of Thanquol thing like this too not long ago and everyone thought we were getting him too? Maybe it was a book. An omnibus to be specific.

• UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 1,988
    Kelefane said:

Wasn't there some kind of Thanquol thing like this too not long ago and everyone thought we were getting him too? Maybe it was a book. An omnibus to be specific.

Yes, they put out the Thanquol trilogy Omnibus around the old friends time.

Still going with Imrik as FLC. It's too easy an option for CA.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,318
    I’d do her. I’d like to get her in there eventually. Doesn’t really matter when for me but right off the bat she’d definitely be one of those that’d would be more interesting than a lot of others.

And she is from a TWW1 race. Apart from Nagash and Thanquol I’m not really bothered if another TWW2 LL ever arrives.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    If Neferata is the FLC I wonder where she will start on the vortex map. In mortal empires they can easily put her in Lahmia or add the silver pinnacle, neither of those are on the vortex map.
    So Vampire Counts will be playable for W2 as well?
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,581
    It's a reasonable guess, but why CA would go through the trouble of separating her (flavor) mount from her FLC?
    Kelefane said:

Yes, but this one is fresh, just like Gotrek's was.

By the way, wasn't there GW promotion somewhere in SteamDB?

Kelefane said:

At least two fully voiced characters and new animations. I don't see how it is easy at all.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    neodeinos said:

Barrel02 said:

Latest VCounts content was well, their rework which has been a while ago now. There's no issue making another VCounts content.

I'm seriously tired of the vampires content hate just because they had two FLCs LLs in Warhammer 1. We get it, people didn't like that but it's time to let it go.
    It is not about the frequency, it is about the amount of redundant content compared to other factions. Some factions have caught up on that sure, but I feel most vampire stuff doesn't bring much new to the table, both gameplay and flavour wise. Maybe they are trying to keep the more interesting stuff for game 3. Still I think other factions deserve much more attention and have way better candidates and units to add or problems to fix.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 646
    edited April 21
    Ol_Nessie said:

neodeinos said:

inhales

BRING ME NEFERATA'S HEAD

Aw, time for Khalida campaign part deux: Electric Boogaloo!

Regarding the scenario posited by the OP, I think it could happen if Neferata herself does not have the option to mount a Coven Throne in game. If she comes with her own Coven Throne, it'd be redundant (and a bit disingenuous) to separate the two into different FLC items, they'd just back-fill her mount to other characters where appropriate.

On a sidenote: why do some people, like the reddit guy asking the question, want Neferata to start in Lahmia or think she will? It puts her right next door to Khalida and the rivalry would be over in like 10 turns. Would be so anti-climactic. She should start in the Silver Pinnacle and capturing Lahmia should be one of her campaign objectives.
    I was also the guy who asked the question, I just want Silver Pinnacle to be used as a startibg. capital by yeah totally right about them being too close together, honestly want Nefereta to have an excuse to play a Khalida campaign.

It's a reasonable guess, but why CA would go through the trouble of separating her (flavor) mount from her FLC?

Maybe the Coven Throne is too spooky and has an M or 18+ rating compared to the main game, or maybe to pad out the DLC, or maybe I didnt think that out...

Don't try to bypass the word filter.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Barrel02 said:

neodeinos said:

Barrel02 said:

It is not about the frequency, it is about the amount of redundant content compared to other factions. Some factions have caught up on that sure, but I feel most vampire stuff doesn't bring much new to the table, both gameplay and flavour wise. Maybe they are trying to keep the more interesting stuff for game 3. Still I think other factions deserve much more attention and have way better candidates and units to add or problems to fix.
    Every faction will get attention you just gotta be patient. And Vampires didn't have attention for a while so I don't see the point of them getting content "again".

Kelefane said:

Kelefane said:

At least two fully voiced characters and new animations. I don't see how it is easy at all.
    New animations? I suppose the lance stuff, but that's Gor-Rok tier.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 673
    edited April 21
    CA does love it's undead so certainly plausible.
    edited April 21

It can be Dread Abyssal. If it is Neferata then her, Arkhan and Mannfred would use it. But there is a problem, all three of them use different looking beasties.

Kelefane said:

Kelefane said:

It would be more difficult to do it right from the back of a dragon. And that's excluding faction mechanic and voice acting costs.

About Gor-Rok: it's a sad case in terms of animations. He doesn't have his iconic move where he plants his shield on the ground and becomes the immovable object.

It can be Dread Abyssal. If it is Neferata then her, Arkhan and Mannfred would use it. But there is a problem, all three of them use different looking beasties.

Kelefane said:

Kelefane said:

It would be more difficult to do it right from the back of a dragon. And that's excluding faction mechanic and voice acting costs.

About Gor-Rok: it's a sad case in terms of animations. He doesn't have his iconic move where he plants his shield on the ground and becomes the immovable object.
    Still sounds easy to me, but we'll find out soon. I don't think they'd release a Game I faction for free, and I especially don't think a character as hyped as Neferata is given for free.

Also Gor-rok's shield thing isn't Iconic. The forum just pretended it was and then got mad when it wasn't there even though it's one sentence early in the 8th Book and isn't even referenced in his profile. This forum claims everything is iconic, including Troglodons lol.