Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedWTF with army initial deployment zones in custom battles?

Spartan480BCSpartan480BC Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 79
edited April 23 in Gameplay Issues
Anybody if you would be so kind,

Something seriously wrong occurs when starting custom battles in Attila. Following the system established in Rome II for custom battles, the human player army and the A.I. army each have graphically marked out rectangular zones at opposite ends of the battlefield within which the armies are *supposed* to initially appear for their deployment before the battle starts.

That's the way it's supposed to work and that's the way it works in Rome II.

But this system is screwed up in Attila.

In the pre-battle initial deployment phase in custom battles in Attila, the A.I armies first appear way, WAY *outside* of their initial deployment box. They appear way, way *forward* of their initial deployment box. Before I even click on "start battle," the A.I. army is already almost nose to nose with my army. Also, the front rank units of my army initially appear to have just stepped over the front edge of their initial deployment box.

WTF?

Thanks!
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• EasternRoman5EasternRoman5 Registered Users Posts: 67
    edited April 22
    There are units in the game that have the "guerilla deployment" ability.

These units can be deployed outside the deployment zone before the battle begins.

For celts, all their units have guerilla deployment and they really really like to use it.

So I am pretty sure what you saw is just that. Many other factions have some units with guerilla deployment. The germanic skirmisher cavalry for example and the scout equites.

In that case there is nothing wrong.
    Post edited by EasternRoman5 on
  • Spartan480BCSpartan480BC Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 79
    Aha! That's it! Thanks, EasternRoman5! Just as you say, when I fought against the Picts, their entire army was deployed way outside the standard deployment box. When I played as the Western Romans, their army was inside the deployment box except for two units which, when I checked under "Unit Info," for sure did have guerrilla deployment ability. Cool!