Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Master and the Father

Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,047
Welcome to my idea of what will be the last remaining LP for Warhammer 2. Not saying it will be like this but I think it has not the worst chances of being in.

Anyway, I present my Lord Pack:

Now, I can imagine that this constellation raises some eyebrows.

No Taurox
I know that many want the Brass Bull as next Legendary Lord for the Beastmen but I have decided to take Ghorros because of two reasons:
First, I believe that the core line-up of WH3 will be Demons of Chaos as per armybook, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs and, depending on the pre-order, either Kislev or Dogs of War. (Personally I hope for Cathay as the 4th race but that is a different matter) For Demons of Chaos that would of course mean that only two of the four gods will be represented with a Legendary Lord from the beginning and I would go with Tzeentch and Slaanesh. Both already have associated lords playable within the game were neither Korne or Nurgle have shown any real presence so far, which is the reason that I believe that they will be DLC.
Second reason is my believe that BM, once everything is done and dusted, will have 6 Legendary Lords. 2 will be, for a lack of a better term, Chaos Undivided and the other 4 will each be devoted to one specific lord. Just throwing out some names now but Taurox for Khorne, Ghorros for Slaanesh, Morghur for Tzeentch (pretty sure about this one actually since he already has a skill connected with the Changer of Ways) and I say Slug Tongue for Nurgle.

Now this would, assuming everything above is right and the rework for Beastmen is properly done (what that means is an open interpretation for everyone, personally I hope herdstones will be some sort of settlement in the future, not counting obvious rework like tech tree and skill trees), lead to the point where BM are done and dusted with the exception of some god-dedicated work which could be done in some small reworks.
For example, once the Khorne DLC hits, BM get a FLC with Taurox, Khorngors and a small addition in the tech tree and the skill trees. Not more. Same for the Nurgle DLC.
As for Tzeentch and Slaanesh, they would get the stuff as soon as BM become playable in WH3 of course, but would be pretty much the same size. Maybe even a bit smaller, since the dedicated lords, Morghur and Ghorros would already be part of the game.

No Tuskgor Chariot
I do not like chariots that much in general and I do not see the point of adding another melee chariot. I prefer BM getting their big monsters.

Skaven and Rakarth
I will be honest, I do not care about Skaven. I do not really feel anything when playing them but I do like Beastmen. I just HATE hordes. They are my second most hated thing in the entire trilogy right now, right behind “no more races”. Anyway, I do like me some big beasts and Moulder is the last remaining clan with DLC quality as far as I know. Also Beastlord Rakarth is just a very fitting Free Legendary Lord for the theme of this DLC.

DLC for DLC and plans
Now, this is a bit of a problem for my suggestions, since CA said something along the lines of “we will not deny it but we also have no plans to do it”. Maybe they will do it, maybe they will not and if they do it, people WILL complain about CA being a greedy, lazy, money milking company.
Another problem (kind of and kind of not) would that Grace said they have 2 more LP planned but they did make this plan before covid19. Maybe they will decide to drop the LP after The Warden and the Paunch and jump straight to the pre-order.
Now, I wrote “kind of and kind of not” what I mean with this is that the Skaven-side of things could be easily tied to a crossover with WH3. I think Kislev or Ogre Kingdoms would be good candidates for this case. Also, a part of me is actually hoping they will drop the LP and jump straight to the pre-order which will be hopefully a race. The BM-side of things might be in a bad spot in that case, though. I just cannot imagine the big beasts coming in as part of FLC.

Warhammer 1 and the Vortex
The last point I will write about has something to do with the upcoming opinion that CA wants to make all core races of WH1 playable on the Vortex and something about wanting to upgrade every race. Now, lets just say that things will work out as I said with this LP, Eltharion VS Grom gets a WH2 FLL and what would this now look like?
On the Vortex we would have Empire, Greenskins, Bretonnia and Beastmen. No Dwarfs, no Vampire Counts, no Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos and Norsca. And honestly I am pretty darn fine with it. There is no reason to turn every (core) race of WH1 playable in WH2. Not when, at least as far as Dwarfs are concerned, much better opportunities are waiting in the east with WH3 and depending on how the core line-up goes, I can totally see a X-DLC between Vampire Counts and Kislev in form of Neferata VS Ulrika Magdova. Bringing the rebellious daughter back in line or something like that.
That leaves Wood Elves, Norsca and Warriors of Chaos. Let me start with the last one first and say that I think that WoC are kind of in a similar spot to the BM, in terms of how the rework could be done. Probably a worse spot actually, since WoC have much more dedicated stuff then BM. So they might need a bigger X-DLC on their own but if they get something from every chaos-related DLC I think they will be fine. CA could also always decide to make god dedicated DLCs and give everyone (Demons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen) something.
As far as Wood Elves and Norsca are concerned, I am not sure if their reworks should even include new Legendary Lords. I mean, Wood Elves only really need a rework of Amber, and Norsca, well, does Norsca need something at all? I mean, new Legendary Lords would be nice to have, no doubt about it and personally I am still waiting for a proper Wood Elf as Legendary Lord but by the end of the day I can actually go on without it.
Also, Vampire Counts got big rework and are still not playable so I doubt they will ever be part of Vortex.

And that is it.
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No faction shall escape my sight.
Let those who think deniers are right
Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,907
    I remember seeing a mod featuring Ghorros and on turn 4 you could migrate to up to 4 major points on the map.. would like to see that.

Interesting synergy, one crates an army in an unnatural way and the other one is all natural..
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,189
    You didn't forget the Preyton. Nice.
  • uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 233
    Just guive us stormsfiends <3
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 1,951
    No stormsfiends, no Verminlord, pepe is dead.
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 645
    beastmen units would take up all the budget, thats like 10 Charlemagnes right there
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 2,706
    A WE v Beastmen makes much more sense.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,582
    *Taurox proceeds to butcher the list*

More space for Taurox.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 460
    Pocman said:

No it doesn´t. So far there was no DLC touching two Wh1 races at the same time.

Plus Master Mutator vs "Beastmaster"..basically another "beast" theme is quite easy here. After all Moulder are mutating anybody, Beastmen are mutated...

What the heck, we can even add DE FLC - Rakarth
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,754
    Pocman said:

A WH2 DLC without a WH2 race doesn’t make much sense at all.

Skaven vs BM would be amazing, I don’t think it’s likely but it would definitely be a great DLC.
    Plus it would leave WE for something like Ariel vs Neferata....easy pease Queen of Lahmia, Silver Pinnacle vs Queen of Athen Loren, Avatar of Isha. Tell me that would not be nice pair....
    Daruwind said:

Plus it would leave WE for something like Ariel vs Neferata....easy pease Queen of Lahmia, Silver Pinnacle vs Queen of Athen Loren, Avatar of Isha. Tell me that would not be nice pair....

WE vs Chaos Dwarfs - Nature vs Industry

Perfect theme for a crossover in WH3.
    ArneSo said:

I would prefer WE being updated during Wh2. But actually units wise, there in not much left. Amber overhaul...basically faction update and LL like Ariel, even FLC ...(not saying I would not love new units if CA make any)
    Daruwind said:

ArneSo said:

I would prefer WE being updated during Wh2. But actually units wise, there in not much left. Amber overhaul...basically faction update and LL like Ariel, even FLC ...(not saying I would not love new units if CA make any)
    To be fair, BM need a DLC more than WE do. The WE roster is pretty much complete. Sure they probably could get a decent DLC with stuff like Spites and Zoats, but they would also be fine with a FLC + rework.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 97
    Beastmen are defiantly more in need than wood elves
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Registered Users Posts: 528
    edited May 2
    No Tuskgor chariot?!

It would be so easy to implement. Just make it a bargain chariot with vanguard deployment.

They practically have all the pieces in the game. All they would have to do is just make the piggies look a little more mutated.

Also having the Wargor as a "leadership hero" with vanguard would help raise the leadership of units on the map would be very nice.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,089
    edited May 2
    To be honest, it's something that crossed my mind as well. Overall, Ghorros feels like a more natural match up for Throt when looking at their characteristics and it won't be another "hunter and beast" scenario like Wulfhart and Nakai, a Slayer vs Throt or Taurox vs Throt. Beastmen would also probably profit more from a cavalry LL than a monstrous LL.

I also have some ideas about Taurox in game 3 concerning Monogods and base undivided races overlap which leads me to think he might be left for then? The problem is that the list for units, if Beastmen got Taurox as DLC at that point, would be thin for Ghorros. My personal guess would be Great Bray Shaman, Jabberslythe, Tuskgors, Tuskgor chariot and a new cav unit, courtesy of CA, if this was the case. On the other hand the Preyton, Ghorgon, Wargor and Doombull are added with Taurox.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,089
    edited May 2
    Oh, and I would call it The Mutator and The Sire.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Registered Users Posts: 528
    I think Ghorros Warhoof would make an awesome LL.

They could easily re-skin a Centigor with great weapon and make the model a little bigger with a 2-handed club.
    He would definitely be a breath of fresh air from the goat herd of LL.
    He would be a very quick and mobile lord without the need for a mount!
    He would essentially be the beastmen's miniature/quicker version of kholek... which sounds awesome!

Ghorros Warhoof could have campaign bonuses such as...
    * Significant cost/upkeep reduction for centigors units
    * Increased campaign movement range
    * Increased horde growth
    * All units have the centigor Rowdy trait within his war band... since hes pretty much partying all the time
    * However, he can't ambush or beast path away as well as the other lords, due to his drunken/reckless ways.

• LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    • Add Stormfiends

• Replace the Great Bray Shaman with Verminlord

...and this would be an awesome DLC!

Beastmen: where is the love?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,753
    Ludbone said:

• Add Stormfiends

• Replace the Great Bray Shaman with Verminlord

...and this would be an awesome DLC!

Nah. They're for the game 3 LP featuring Thanny.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,753
    Seems pretty realistic all said. That's about what I'd expect for a stock standard LP from both sides, though the Preyton might be a bit of a stretch.

The BM seem an unlikely candidate but they're certainly possible.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 709

Seems pretty realistic all said. That's about what I'd expect for a stock standard LP from both sides, though the Preyton might be a bit of a stretch.

The BM seem an unlikely candidate but they're certainly possible.

Preyton is actually one of the simpler ones as it would just be a reskin of a wyvern/terrorgeist
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Registered Users Posts: 209
    Based on the leaked voice lines for DLC skaven units, I'm guessing that we'll get Giant Rats as normal unit with Wolf Rats as their upsized RoR version (a la the naming for the unit voice lines in the files)
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,453
    IMO Clan Moulder needs to fight against the Dwarfs.

Dwarfs vs Skaven is a must IMO.

IMO Clan Moulder needs to fight against the Dwarfs.

Dwarfs vs Skaven is a must IMO.

Nope. They it is not a must ;-)
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,047
    neodeinos said:

You didn't forget the Preyton. Nice.

I could never forget my personal favourite of the units.

Stormfiends and Verminlords I do not see coming before WH3.

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,576
    I love it. However I really hope if they add Ghorros they’d add a Centigor lord. It’s something I always wanted in the TT.

Just add the Chimaerat to the Moulder dlc and this is the perfect dlc.
  • Kazegami74Kazegami74 Registered Users Posts: 134
    edited May 3
    As long as we get the Doombull generic Lord, I too prefer having Ghorros as LL.

But getting both Peyton and Jabber seems very unlikely to me. I think it's one of them (Preyton s cheaper to create) AND Ghorgon.

I think tuskgor chariots with vanguard and early access in campaign would be great.

OR my personnal pick : a slightly better, poison and magic arrows Ungor archers unit.

My concern is : would they really make a DLC of 2 evil factions ? I thought they always picked an Order vs Evil rivalty
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,047
    Hunter & Beast had Empire VS Lizardmen, two factions of order, so...

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,576
    I have one question about the Minotaur lord, wouldn’t he make the hero redundant? The hero can already wipe the floor with most human sized lords if I remember correctly,