Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is there a trespassing solution/fix?

mrrowe01mrrowe01 Registered Users Posts: 1
This is BS... I'm at war with Cao Cao, we sign a peace deal (no military access), and now he's got a full stack army just chilling next my capital.

I can't demand he remove his army because there's no diplomatic option for it. If I attack him though, I get a diplomatic penalty.
How do I resolve this?

I searched the Steam Workshop and couldn't find any mods that add a "remove trespassing army" diplomacy request.

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,789
    There's no way to ask or demand Cao Cao remove the army from your territory, unfortunately.

A "Remove trespassing armies" diplomatic request would be extremely useful though.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,201
    Best solution is to get another faction into war vs CaoCao before you ask him for peace so he has a reason to move that army.

Most of the time in Three Kingdoms if an AI just made peace they are unlikely to attack within the next 5 turns unlike most TWs that had crazy AI that offered 5k for peace and then DoW the very next turn. So long as CaoCao is not part of a coalition/alliance/empire the AI is unlikely to backstab you immediately. 10 turns from now? Almost guaranteed from CaoCao or some other faction will be pushed into war against you by CaoCao special mechanic.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    Isn't Cao Cao's army just gonna slowly kill itself once it spends too many turns inside your territory due to running out of supplies? I would get two generals massing archer militias to sit on the capital just to be safe.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Once you accept the concept that AI's are generally dumb, then life vastly improves as a player.

I play one popular game at the moment where when I attack a bandit base, and tell my troops to follow me, they often end up ahead of me when I stop. I have learned to accept that the AI is too dumb to know that follow me, means stay behind me. The same can be said of the AI here, it is too dumb to recognise territory borders.
  • totalwarfanatiktotalwarfanatik Registered Users Posts: 101
    markp27 said:

Once you accept the concept that AI's are generally dumb, then life vastly improves as a player.

I play one popular game at the moment where when I attack a bandit base, and tell my troops to follow me, they often end up ahead of me when I stop. I have learned to accept that the AI is too dumb to know that follow me, means stay behind me. The same can be said of the AI here, it is too dumb to recognise territory borders.

The AI recognizes borders. If you've ever played as Sun Jian and taken most of southland you will know it does. The AI really enjoys traveling over your borders to colonize the unsettled territory or to attack the Han settlements. But it will only do so if you give it military access. Otherwise it just avoids doing it, unless there is an easy way around.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,531

markp27 said:

The AI recognizes borders. If you've ever played as Sun Jian and taken most of southland you will know it does. The AI really enjoys traveling over your borders to colonize the unsettled territory or to attack the Han settlements. But it will only do so if you give it military access. Otherwise it just avoids doing it, unless there is an easy way around.
    Actually I have seen it happen a few times where I have no military access treaty, and others have entered my territory. Often this comes about when they are chasing an enemy. Gives me a good excuse to declare war as they get a negative for entering my territory.

I did play Sun Jian a few times back near original release, found it boring though, as I like to take the original path that they took.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    Even without specifically mentioning the AI's ability to recognize borders, it is just so dumb in 99999 different ways.