Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Culture settlement skins

magman791magman791 Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello all,

I just wanted to say I am super excited for the new DLC announcement today. But I have a small request, wouldn't it add more to the game (figuratively, and literally) to allow settlements to change their based upon who owns them? For instance if dwarves reclaim there lost hold, the map and the settlement will change to restore its former glory. But if greenskins take over a settlement the put their idols/ icons and so up to. their is a mod for this on steam already, but it just overlays your faction settlement type to it. and does not no do true justice of what could be!

Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    Yes please! Will be weird to see GS living in shiny white towers
  • xXAlduin99xXAlduin99 Registered Users Posts: 140
    There is actually a greenskin settlement model, you can see it in Massif Orcal and The Black Pit. Its there, like in WH1, but I already saw the stream and no, its still not changing.

There is code relating to this, someone found database lines for different varations of unique settlements despite there is only one model for each settlement except for Karaz-a-Karak.

I hate to say it but I think we need to wait for WARHAMMER III. Siege rework will be tied with settlement skins hopefully, a new dynamic system will be introduced hopefully.

And no, to everyone who reads this: go away with this damned cultural settlement skins mod. it's ugly, looks like a bug and it's weird.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 1,228
    Yeah they did that in game 1 where you could only conquer certain settlements, but with so many factions and so many places theres no way they can do it anymore
    Rob18446 said:

Yeah they did that in game 1 where you could only conquer certain settlements, but with so many factions and so many places theres no way they can do it anymore

Why? Did you ever use regional occupation removal? besides dwarfen coastal cities, which looked a bit weird, everything worked fine for every settlement.

This is false info.
  • Docpain222Docpain222 Registered Users Posts: 92
    Agree 100% with OP. Certain cities can remain the same, like the occupied hell pit
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 1,228

Rob18446 said:

Why? Did you ever use regional occupation removal? besides dwarfen coastal cities, which looked a bit weird, everything worked fine for every settlement.

This is false info.
    Hmmm maybe I'm remembering it wrong then
  • magman791magman791 Registered Users Posts: 5
    So to be clear im not saying to prevent factions from conquering cities based on region. I just want ARTWORK to be done to allow for a full immersion into the game; whatever your factions owns (i.e. meaning your entire race, keep it the same) I am on the taking over of regions. TBH its weird for me to play as the dwarves and conquer greenskins settlement to have it only look like I am occupying a greenskins settlement instead of taking full ownership of it.

the cultural settlement skins mod makes everything look weird, especially when playing as the dark elves and I conquer ultuhuan, to see my settlement type over the fortresses. ( not dissing the modder , I appreciate their work; because it expands more on what I would like).
    Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

This is false info.
    Its a long time ago, no problem.
    magman791 said:

So to be clear im not saying to prevent factions from conquering cities based on region. I just want ARTWORK to be done to allow for a full immersion into the game; whatever your factions owns (i.e. meaning your entire race, keep it the same) I am on the taking over of regions. TBH its weird for me to play as the dwarves and conquer greenskins settlement to have it only look like I am occupying a greenskins settlement instead of taking full ownership of it.

the cultural settlement skins mod makes everything look weird, especially when playing as the dark elves and I conquer ultuhuan, to see my settlement type over the fortresses. ( not dissing the modder , I appreciate their work; because it expands more on what I would like).

yeah you are right. These banners around the cities look very bad. Every race should be working like skavens do. It's unbelievable that this is not moddable. A lot of people tried it, but no success.
  • magman791magman791 Registered Users Posts: 5
    maybe with enough people liking this or saying they want this moddable/ posting a comment, might get CA attention and possibly implement!

yeah you are right. These banners around the cities look very bad. Every race should be working like skavens do. It's unbelievable that this is not moddable. A lot of people tried it, but no success.

one hundred percent facts!

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,171

Rob18446 said:

Rob18446 said:

This is false info.
    Its a long time ago, no problem.
    magman791 said:

The map isn't moddable at all. It never was since CA changed to Warscape engine. This is also the reason we don't get total conversion mods for the more recent TW games.