Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Confederation Units

robo86844robo86844 Registered Users Posts: 8
Okay, with the new DLC i see we will get more untis for the greenskins and more units for the high elves. one thing really holds me back from playing high elves and that is the confederations. what i do mean when i play a race i always set the bar for myself that i need to confederate with every Legendary Lord because of they uniquenes. but here is the problem for me.

The high elves have now (including the new DLC) 3 factions with faction exclusive units example: Nagarythe is the only faction that is able to recrute Shadow Walkers and if they are in Alith Anar's army Alith Anar gives huge buff's to them. just like Alarielle with the tree units. and now Eltharion with his Eltharion's Mistwalkers.

so the point i'm trying to make is by confederating with a faction you will get the territory, army's(including the unique units), Lords and Hero's so you just become one faction but you wont have the ability to recrute the faction unique units that that faction had that you confederated with.

so what i want is the ability to recrute those unique units of those factions that you confederate with. it doesn't even have to be all army's but just the Legendary Lord's his/her army so that for example Alith Anar is still able to recrute his shadow walkers that he gives huge buff's to. with that you won't take a significant feature away from a Legendary lord.

But this is not excluse to the high elves but it is just an example as well. but let me know if you think it is an good idear or have some sugestions. for maby also the faction unique ability's and other faction unique things that you want when you confederate.

Comments

• Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    I agree, I'm not a huge fan of subfaction specific units that the other factions of the same race can never ever get access to even after confederating.

I wonder if there is a mod for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865

Well it def sounds like summoning rogue idols will be limited to Grom?

Only as summons, the base unit will be general to all Greenskins.
  • robo86844robo86844 Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2020

I Think it will be a real unit i know it is also a summon but they have an ROR called Da Big 'Un and i have never seen an only summon ROR. but i think every faction can use them as well
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 1,397
    That's very easy to mod and those units aren't that great. Maybe shadow walkers are, but shadow warriors are quite similar if you want a skirmishing army.
    manpersal said:

That's very easy to mod and those units aren't that great. Maybe shadow walkers are, but shadow warriors are quite similar if you want a skirmishing army.

That is not the point the point is that some LL give really high buff's to some units like Alith Anar for shadow walkers. and by not being able to recrute them will really lower the falue for Alith Anar. and it just makes more sense as you become one with that faction so should you get acces to those units.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    robo86844 said:

I Think it will be a real unit i know it is also a summon but they have an ROR called Da Big 'Un and i have never seen an only summon ROR. but i think every faction can use them as well
    Taking them as a summon is only available to Grom, due to his unique item. The general, recruitable is available to all Greenskin factions. Da Big Un is also available to all Greenskin factions.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,649
    With my mod, SWO-RD, you can recruit all the HE units, but you need to control the regions where they come from.
    You can recruit Lothern Sea Guard or Phoenix Guards if you control Lotherrn, Swordmasters if you control Saphery, White Lion if you control Chrace... And Sisters if you control Avelorn, or Shadow Warriors if you control Nagarythe.

After the release of next DLC, I will update it so any faction can recruit Mistwalkers if you control Yvresse, or White Lion Chariot only with control of Chrace.
    steph74 said:

With my mod, SWO-RD, you can recruit all the HE units, but you need to control the regions where they come from.
    You can recruit Lothern Sea Guard or Phoenix Guards if you control Lotherrn, Swordmasters if you control Saphery, White Lion if you control Chrace... And Sisters if you control Avelorn, or Shadow Warriors if you control Nagarythe.

After the release of next DLC, I will update it so any faction can recruit Mistwalkers if you control Yvresse, or White Lion Chariot only with control of Chrace.

That sounds really cool I'll check it out can you also recrute the tree spirits from Avelorn?