Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Mutator & The Lunatic ~ Skaven vs Beasties' next LP

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,397
Welcome, dear mortals! May Tzeentch bless your day. Lemme show y'all my idea for the supah-potential next DLC ~

Throt, Moonclaw & the idea behind this Cross-game LP

• Throt The Unclean ~ I guess this doesn't need an explanation. Throtty is the leader of the Moulder Clan, one the 4 main Skaven Clans and the only one who's specialized in "monstrosity-creation". This wonderful Clan is the last big-lack of the Skaven race ~ if the next DLC will feature our dear rats...then Moulder Clan is an obvious choice, if not the only possible choice.
  • Moonclaw ~ and here we have the Son of Morrslieb, the Lunatic Prince itself ! I guess you're curious to know why i choose him rather than cuties like Ghorros and Taurox...well then sit down, wary mortals...and hear me out ~

Morrslieb and M&L's Lore

• The Lore of "The Mutant & The Lunatic" ~ as i stated before, Moonclaw is the Son of Morrslieb, the Chaos-green moon high up in the WH sky...and Morrslieb will be the protagonist, the nexus of this LP !
    When Morrslieb is nearest the earth, Moonclaw's power waxes full. It is then that Moonclaw summons the strange two-headed beast, Umbralok, that serves as his steed, and rides at the head of a great army.
    I think you all know that Skaven uses the warpstone in order to create their insane war-machines, their weapons and even as a drug to increase their magic powers (Grey Seers).
    As for the Moulders...they use it in their experiments to create every kind of sick-monstrosity.
    "But why the warpstone should be related to Morrslieb" ya said? Cuz Skaven think Morrslieb itself is just a huge piece of warpstone.

And that's why a Throt vs Moonclaw LP would be perfect. The Unclean will not only try to capture every kind of BM's creatures...but he's aiming to capture the Son of Morrslieb itself. Something that, in Throt's mind, would be a incredible source of pure warpstone...a source so big to plump all the Moulder Clan's experiments and create even scarier and powerful monster!

Just imagine the trailer ~ during the Geheimnisnacht Eve (the night of the Beastmen and every Chaos minion), when Morrslieb is full and closer to the earth, a brayherd of Beastmen lead by Moonclaw is celebrating this unholy moment with human sacrifices and other adorable stuff...when tongues of warpfire start to burn down the forest all around 'em. Throt and his Stormfiends are here! The Unclean, on top of a Great Pox Rat, charges mah beasties alongside with his Stormfiends and a Master Moulder...but Moonclaw has his favorite buddy-buddy aswell...a FANTASTIC GHORGON smashes, rips and tears the Stormies' lines like a living natural disaster, followed by some Preytons and Jabberslythes and...well...i leave the rest to you~

SKAVEN ~ The Moulder Clan units & hero/lord

• Now it's time to talk about what kind of Skaven units this LP will give us ~

• As you can see some of those units got leaked due to VO files etc. and, basing on other leaked files like Gotrek&Felix, Grom and the Pump Wagon, they have an higher chance to appear in the LP, IMO~

what else should i say besides...

o:)

BEASTMEN ~ The units, hero/lord and the centerpiece of this DLC

• And now...here you are dah beasties units this LP will give us! But first...the centerpiece units of M&L is...

GHORGON ~ this bad boi is what BM truly need and the most wonderful creature CA can give us! I mean, you know...the Preytons, the Jabbies...you know, the common handsome good-looking guys but...for a real horned-quality...you have to go for GHORGON !
    • And now the units ~
    • Nothing so complicated ~ of course Jabby and Ghorgon should be a common sense due to the old charlemagnesmeme. They are the most requested units since the very 1st day of "Call of the Beastmen" reveal, 4 years ago.

The reason behind non-8th edition units ~

• I guess some of you are wondering why i choose units like: Lakemen and Stormfiends...well dear mortals, the reason is simple. I took into consideration what CA added W&P, the current LP featuring HE and GS. And some of the units CA choose to implement are from secondary sources ~
    ▪︎ Troll Hag ~ Forge World
    ▪︎ Silverin Guards ~ End Times
    ▪︎ Arcane Phoenix ~ MA
    ▪︎ Rogue Idol ~ MA
    ▪︎ War Lions of Chrace ~ Storm of Magic
    ▪︎ Rangers ~ WH Quest

Once again that CA-statement about adding material from other WH sources got confirmed.

▪︎ Lakemen ~ WH Fantasy RPG 2nd edition
    ▪︎ Stormfiends ~ End Times
    ▪︎ Preyton ~ MA

Units & Hero/Lord that might replace someone

▪︎ Jabberwock ~ right from WH Fantasy RPG 2nd edition and WH Book 3: Battle Bestiary...it is bold and aggressive, attacking nearly anything it encounters. Though varied in appearance, there are some common features that set these creatures apart from other Old World horrors. Jabberwocks are generally twelve-foot tall or more. Perched on its long, scrawny neck is a hideous head with a great slobbering maw and wattles on its cheeks. Many Jabberwocks have wings, though none fly, or, at least, none discovered have been able to fly. Instead, they flap their wings when excited, creating a disconcerting noise. Jabberwocks can be of any colour, and many are faintly luminous.
    ...Jabberwock could be a fair substitute for the likes of Jabberslythe.

▪︎ Wargor ~ a melee hero and a brutal leader of a Beastmen tribe.

▪︎ Packmaster ~ a melee hero; trainers and handlers of Clan Moulder's various warbeast and hulking monstrosities. The most obvious substitute of a Master Moulder.

▪︎ Exalted Verminlord ~ from Forge World. Honestly this cute and fat guy would be perfect in a Moulder-themed LP, don't ya think? Furthermore the Verminlord is one of the most important element of the whole Skaven race. Sooner or later it will be added to the game.

A Lord Pack not based on a rivalry nor evil vs good ~ is it possible?

• Of course it is!
      If we've learned something from H&B is that CA can freely create a what-if LP, without following the rivalry rule nor the common good vs evil rule.

In H&B we have two good/order races against each other ~ Lizzy vs Empire. Are they historical rivals? Nope
      CA took the conquistadores and the aztecs as a source of inspiration for that LP. Markus plays the role of the hunter, while Nakai is just trying to protect his homeland...but, in Markus' eyes, Nakai and his dino-friends are just savage monsters that want to eat him and his men.

In other words ~ SK vs BM is definitely possible ;)

Can this LP bring some delicious extra to the game?

Yes. Have you ever heard about someone named Boris Todbringer? Nemesis of Khazrak One-Eye and his race? Well a BM-themed DLC might push CA to release him as a new Empire LL ~ just think about it, mortals.

This is my idea for the next LP ~ hope you like it !

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10

Comments

• ShandalarShandalar Registered Users Posts: 51
    -Next DLC probably will be Skaven vs Dwarfs.

-Its just impossible giving BM just cool units and monsters and Skaven lame things like the giant rats. Minimun 1 big monster to be just a little realistic.
  • uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 233
    wow! good job buddy! it looks amazing but i think the next DLC will be skaven vs dwarfs
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,087
    edited May 10
    Heh... sorry, Gotrek, but I have some other ideas. The Moulder and The Sire

Legendary Lord
    Ghorros Warhoof

Lord
    Great Bray Shaman

Hero
    Wargor

Units
    Tuskgors
    Tuskgor Chariots
    Jabberslythe
    Preyton
    Maybe that Jabberwock? I'm not sure

It pains me to say this but.... Ghorgon game 3, alongside Doombull and Taurox.

Legendary Lord
    Throt the Unclean

Lord
    Master Moulder

Mount
    Great Pox Rat

Units
    Giant Rats and/or Wolf Rats
    Brood Horror(you missed this one)
    Armoured/Augmented Rat Ogres
    Maybe Chimaerat or Burrowing Behemoth if they are feeling generous.

Again, Stormfiends game 3.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,397
    uzual said:

wow! good job buddy! it looks amazing

Thanks!

WH Novels:

Crossil said:

Heh... sorry, Gotrek, but I have some other ideas. The Moulder and The Sire

Legendary Lord
    Ghorros Warhoof

Lord
    Great Bray Shaman

Hero
    Wargor

Units
    Tuskgors
    Tuskgor Chariots
    Jabberslythe
    Preyton
    Maybe that Jabberwock? I'm not sure

It pains me to say this but.... Ghorgon game 3, alongside Doombull and Taurox.

Legendary Lord
    Throt the Unclean

Lord
    Master Moulder

Mount
    Great Pox Rat

Units
    Giant Rats and/or Wolf Rats
    Brood Horror(you missed this one)
    Armoured/Augmented Rat Ogres
    Maybe Chimaerat or Burrowing Behemoth if they are feeling generous.

Again, Stormfiends game 3.

Ghorgon ASAP is a must ~ I won't forgive you, mortal >:)

Anyway i choose Moonclaw due to his connection with Morrslieb and the warpstone that Moulders love so much. Basically this theme would be perfect in a SK vs BM DLC, IMO.

But your ideas are also good ones...minus the Ghorgon part...

WH Novels:

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,181
    Well done, that's a quality post. Have my like AND MY HYPE.
    Shandalar said:

-Its just impossible giving BM just cool units and monsters and Skaven lame things like the giant rats. Minimun 1 big monster to be just a little realistic.

Skaven vs Dwarfs is very far from guaranteed though. I actually don't see much in favour of this match up except that's a very iconic rivalry.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 576
    That's awesome, Gotrek!

Strange that nobody thought about the connection between Morrslieb, Moulders, Moonclaw, Warpstone. It fits perfectly! Let alone the monsters creators vs monsters to enslave theme. This is the most possible Lord Pack i've seen so far.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 576
    Shandalar said:

Dude, have you seen the list? He added Stormfiends and Great Pox Rat aswell. Also the Exalted Vermilord.
    neodeinos said:

Well done, that's a quality post. Have my like AND MY HYPE.

Shandalar said:

Skaven vs Dwarfs is very far from guaranteed though. I actually don't see much in favour of this match up except that's a very iconic rivalry.
    Thanks! I appreciate it !

WH Novels:

That's awesome, Gotrek!

Strange that nobody thought about the connection between Morrslieb, Moulders, Moonclaw, Warpstone. It fits perfectly! Let alone the monsters creators vs monsters to enslave theme. This is the most possible Lord Pack i've seen so far.

And now you see the light ! Just as planned by Lord Tzeentch ~ >:)

Ahah thanks!

WH Novels:

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    Is it possible yes, and great effort as always Gotrek!

Personally i would prefer a:

Dawi VS Moulder pack

Malakai Makaison- G&F-Thanquol-Throt-Lurk SnitchTongue

All fighting over Hellpit.

Malakai with a army of Slayers and Engineers with all his magnificent inventions-Thunderbarges and what not(flanked by the two most awesome adventures of the warhammer world)

Throt having to deal with Thanquol while fighting his rebellious underling Lurk SnitchTongue and his swarm of slaves and monster yearning for

Reeks said:

Is it possible yes, and great effort as always Gotrek!

Thanks!

WH Novels:

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 452
    Shandalar said:

Dwarfs already got update, somebody else should be next. :)
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 709
    Definitely some cool ideas, I'm undecided on the best BM lord but you make a compelling argument for Moonclaw, think the jabberslythe probably still wont make the cut, just too much to design from the base up, and we'd get tuskgor chariots as an alternative.
    Rob18446 said:

Definitely some cool ideas, I'm undecided on the best BM lord but you make a compelling argument for Moonclaw, think the jabberslythe probably still wont make the cut, just too much to design from the base up, and we'd get tuskgor chariots as an alternative.

Thank you! I'm glad you like my idea about Moonclaw & Moulders

WH Novels:

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,181
    Rob18446 said:

All the candidate for a Legendary Lord are great honestly, even the most minor ones. Gimme Slugtongue, Moonclaw, Taurox and Ghorros. I want 'em all.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 2,560
    Nice post, but depriving dwarfs of some of their best rivalries is a grudge!

Let beasties take on some pointy ears. Maybe those hippies living in forests or something.

Let beasties take on some pointy ears. Maybe those hippies living in forests or something.

Hmmm...what about Dawi Zharr vs Dawi...or WE/HE vs Dawi?

The 1st one looks super-promising, IMO ;)

WH Novels:

If we had to have BM included(and face it we would, the riot levels if CA refrained from including "Mah Ghorgon" "Ya Ghorgon?" would be untenable) I would prefer if we would get BM vs WE again with a side dish of BM VS "WhereIsBoris?

Nothing would make me more moist than to clobber that dainty fay Ariel with all four arms of a beautiful Ghorgon, then trek on to Middenland and tear down that mountain and pull on Boris´s mustache.
    Reeks said:

If we had to have BM included(and face it we would, the riot levels if CA refrained from including "Mah Ghorgon" "Ya Ghorgon?" would be untenable) I would prefer if we would get BM vs WE again with a side dish of BM VS "WhereIsBoris?

Nothing would make me more moist than to clobber that dainty fay Ariel with all four arms of a beautiful Ghorgon, then trek on to Middenland and tear down that mountain and pull on Boris´s mustache.
    Believe me, i'd like to see a BM vs WE aswell, in fact it could be the next LP, nothing says otherwise...you know what they say ~ kill two birds with one stone.

But...a WH2 vs WH1 is just way more plausible, IMO. It'd follow the likes of H&B and W&P.

WH Novels:

Reeks said:

Believe me, i'd like to see a BM vs WE aswell, in fact it could be the next LP, nothing says otherwise...you know what they say ~ kill two birds with one stone.

But...a WH2 vs WH1 is just way more plausible, IMO. It'd follow the likes of H&B and W&P.
    The plausibility part is true, i´m not that bothered "when specific races get upgrades though, i would be fine with it being a lordpack landing in game 3, but now i moved the goalpost for the thread, just ignore me xD

Ps:Pondering about it CA have thrown us oh so many curve balls regarding content up until this point that for all we know they could plan a "Ind VS Mootland" LP next.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 2,570
    edited May 10
    What about Skaven vs Beastmen LP with WE flc rework?

BM also need a rework, but all hordes need a rework in general and maybe that's a thing for WH3. Meanwhile BM get new lord & units while WE get a new free lord and a fix of amber and other BS.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 502
    Love the enthusiasm dude, you've been fighting for the beastmen since forever and I'm so happy that more,significant content for them is finally starting to seem like a realistic possibility!

Of course it's all speculation so it would be a mistake to take anything for granted, but If there's ever been a moment when beastmen dlc seemed possible, it's right now.

I just ask one thing of you, that if we only get the ghorgon, you keep the tradition alive with ritual jabberposting.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 733
    So much potential in this LP, my friend! The Moonclaw connection with Morrslieb and the Moulder Clan is simply brilliant.

If you think about it the Geheimnisnacht is the WH version of or Halloween, so an october release date would be perfect. Also the DLC is full of monstrosity so it's even more perfect.

#FORGHORGON
  • SteamageSteamage Registered Users Posts: 653
    edited May 10
    Gotrek, not give up the fight the heard gonna come back, with a might ghorgon stomp on this civilized fools!

and i love your ideas instead buy for me!

One chance broodhorror! must be in!
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 502
    By the way I'm on the taurox train but having moonclaw as a rival is a very clever idea.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
    Iokko said:

Love the enthusiasm dude, you've been fighting for the beastmen since forever and I'm so happy that more,significant content for them is finally starting to seem like a realistic possibility!

Of course it's all speculation so it would be a mistake to take anything for granted, but If there's ever been a moment when beastmen dlc seemed possible, it's right now.

I just ask one thing of you, that if we only get the ghorgon, you keep the tradition alive with ritual jabberposting.

Thank you very much, proud warrior!

I'll always keep the tradition alive. 😉

Sure, Ghorgon is my favorite unit ever, but it is just the n.1~
    All the other missing BM units, the missing Empire units, Troglodon, Verminlord...and don't let me start talking about all those Chaos missing goodies! 😂
    Let alone if Ogre Kingdoms and all the other WH3 races~

WH Novels:

Thank y'all boyz for the kind words!

WH Novels:

• SteamageSteamage Registered Users Posts: 653

Thank y'all boyz for the kind words!

Of course man! you rock!
  • BigBoiBeanyBigBoiBeany Registered Users Posts: 89
    I had a similar idea but it was Zacharias vs Moonclaw with very similar units. Great job