Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

DLC for DLC Would Set a Terrible Precedent

Comments

• Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 859
    Content quality has been improving so far. This includes Lord packs and race packs. Problem is, old stuff is now not up to current standards. If a couple of DLCs is what's needed to solve the issue, I don't have any complaints. I don't understand these fears of CA cutting content, so far they've been doing the opposite.
  • TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 339
    If you dislike - you do not buy ans force to produce what you like.
    If you like but cant buy - get a job, prices are not mad.

I buy all content even if I ll never play a race as do not love it lorevise (Beastmen for example).
    But CA is making a great game for my favourite setting in my favourite series of comp games.

So I pay for Pontus, Beastmen and other fractions I do not play - to be able to play against them in single player if I want and as a @donate of [email protected] to make more content - I m not a fan of Arcane Phoenix, warlions, not a big fan of scouts and silverin guards but I got Imrik and Eltarion with mage-archmage lores, semidragonmage and lion chariot I wanted. I do not play DE or Skaven but I m glead to play against them on campaign map or in battles. And it supports the series and maybe one day I ll get Tancred, Bohemond, Skycutter or Todbringer with knights panter to play with.

Why is all this kid crying that you are robbed when you are not forced to pay. Do not like - do not pay. The system of fraction dlc or lordpack dlces gets better and better wrom point of view of content. People are fine with it. Some are vaiting certain DLC. Beastmen more then deserve an update and dlc to bring them to the Vortex as Empire and Greenskins did. We d be OK with a flc and 2-3 lord and hero types to fill up their holes in roster.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 657
    If we're ever going to get more stuff for the Beastmen, it can't be as FLC-only as what they still miss are units that require a lot of work for sure. You certainly can't kitbash most of the missing units. I could certainly see FLC lords of course, but stuff like Ghorgons, Jabbers, Pretyons, Tuskgors require a proper DLC.

Doing DLC for DLC could get weird quickly.
    What i think they could do is not make a "DLC for a DLC", but simply a second independant Beastmen DLC. If you already own the first, you could have a discounted price on the second. If you don't own the first, then you still have access to all the units from the first except the LL's from the first DLC. If you want to play as them, then you need to buy the first DLC (which essentially becomes a LL dlc) at an obviously much discounted price.

Just an idea, but i strongly doubt it would be a DLC that requires a previous DLC.
  • HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 865
    Amonkhet said:

Reeks said:

BM and WE are fun to play as is, would i like the Amber mechanic and the Brayheard mechanic getting some sort of rework? Would i like getting the Ghorgon? Yes indeed i would but that could be done via "old world rework/promotional event for the monster.

You are treating those factions like they are some leprosy inflicted abominations that are not worth playing in their current form.

CA can't even do an Orc with a Spear as FLC, and you think they would do the Ghorgon?
    They not even do Blackorcs with shield lol.. even lower hanging fruit.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,883
    Want stuff for BM, WE e TK, don't care.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,200
    Amonkhet said:

Reeks said:

BM and WE are fun to play as is, would i like the Amber mechanic and the Brayheard mechanic getting some sort of rework? Would i like getting the Ghorgon? Yes indeed i would but that could be done via "old world rework/promotional event for the monster.

You are treating those factions like they are some leprosy inflicted abominations that are not worth playing in their current form.

CA can't even do an Orc with a Spear as FLC, and you think they would do the Ghorgon?
    They did the Bone Giant as FLC.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 916

Amonkhet said:

Reeks said:

i am pretty sure he was already a part of the roster and they just cut him out for the sake of "generosity"
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• GreeneckGreeneck Registered Users Posts: 15
    In my own eyes this thread looks like a huge middle finger to BM, WE, WoC, Norsca and their fans. A "screw you all" masked like a biased thread.

You are basically saying TW:WH = EA and Diablo Immortal if CA will give the exact same love of every other in-game races to BM, WE and so on. What a disgusting thought...judging and convicting CA for something that didn't even happen is so childish.

• HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 865

Amonkhet said:

Reeks said:

that was obvious cut content, because we already found the bow and melee version in the data.

Still even when is not cut content a ghorgon is much more complex to make in every way!
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 3,153
    Disagree.

Is not a precedent, because CA has already been doing that. Every faction till now has been incomplete. DLCs for DLCs are, in a way, already a thing, with you having to buy the initial game and two lord packs to even get close to complete a race. That's something like 25 euros for a single race.

Plus, they can use the tactic they have already used with Markus or Grom: put them in the vortex map, and you no longer have a DLC for DLC: just two different ways to access a faction. Like how you can acces the Empire by buying game 1 or the Beast and the Hunter.So you would not need the original DLC to use the new one.

• GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 288
    CA need more money to keep creating good content in shorter time.

Simply just let them charge more, say $15-20 for a DLC, and DLC for DLC is okay too. Just let them make more money and deliver more content earlier.

CA too need to enjoy something, remember? Give it to them!
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,297
    Greeneck said:

In my own eyes this thread looks like a huge middle finger to BM, WE, WoC, Norsca and their fans. A "screw you all" masked like a biased thread.

You are basically saying TW:WH = EA and Diablo Immortal if CA will give the exact same love of every other in-game races to BM, WE and so on. What a disgusting thought...judging and convicting CA for something that didn't even happen is so childish.

I agree with you. IMO they don't care DLC races because their beloved one is main races. So they try to bury DLC races and make all contents for their beloved main races.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,668

Amonkhet said:

Reeks said:

It was meant for the race dlc, but they said it wasn't finished in time.
    Reghis said:

Amonkhet said:

Reeks said:

i am pretty sure he was already a part of the roster and they just cut him out for the sake of "generosity"
    Don't matter how you frame it. It shows that they've done a large unit as FLC before.

The Orc rework has also been real extensive.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,375

I buy all content even if I ll never play a race as do not love it lorevise (Beastmen for example).
    But CA is making a great game for my favourite setting in my favourite series of comp games.

So I pay for Pontus, Beastmen and other fractions I do not play - to be able to play against them in single player if I want and as a @donate of [email protected] to make more content - I m not a fan of Arcane Phoenix, warlions, not a big fan of scouts and silverin guards but I got Imrik and Eltarion with mage-archmage lores, semidragonmage and lion chariot I wanted. I do not play DE or Skaven but I m glead to play against them on campaign map or in battles. And it supports the series and maybe one day I ll get Tancred, Bohemond, Skycutter or Todbringer with knights panter to play with.

Why is all this kid crying that you are robbed when you are not forced to pay. Do not like - do not pay. The system of fraction dlc or lordpack dlces gets better and better wrom point of view of content. People are fine with it. Some are vaiting certain DLC. Beastmen more then deserve an update and dlc to bring them to the Vortex as Empire and Greenskins did. We d be OK with a flc and 2-3 lord and hero types to fill up their holes in roster.

Sorry, but BS. It doesn't matter if I dislike it, if people let CA/SEGA get away with DLC for DLC then all future content will get chopped up, it's that easy.

So it doesn't matter if I don't buy it, other people buying it makes it worse for everyone. You pay more for less.

GuTaiYP said:

CA need more money to keep creating good content in shorter time.

Simply just let them charge more, say $15-20 for a DLC, and DLC for DLC is okay too. Just let them make more money and deliver more content earlier.

CA too need to enjoy something, remember? Give it to them!

so 35-40 bucks to be a ble to play 4 BM LL in mortal empires while TK and VC costs 20 bucks for 4 LL. flaweless idea. dont know where you have your idea from but i would pay 8-9 bucks for a BM lord pack but def not 15-20

• Asurwarrior998Asurwarrior998 Registered Users Posts: 135

Get a job then? You make it sound like DLCs cost more than a pinch to begin with. I'll gladly pay for DLCs to see BM and WE expanded, to see Apophas, etc.

What you seem to be missing here is that, regardless of the race, everyone is missing out on several core units, PERIOD. Not because CA wants to fleece you, but because games have this thing called a budget. If your budget doesn't allow you to add so and so, you rely on DLCs to reach that end.

If you don't like DLC for DLCs, you can easily solve that problem you know. It's called not buying it. You're free to not buy a DLC, it isn't mandatory at all. You'll still get FLCs. You'll still get your base game. But those of us with cash would gladly spend it for an expanded game.

^^ this and not to mention from the streams I've been seeing, it was either heir of Carthage or indypride but there is now an option it would seem to disable DLC units whether it's in the entirety or for certain packs I don't know but this would help people who don't want to buy the dlc and not see these units in SP

Sorry, but BS. It doesn't matter if I dislike it, if people let CA/SEGA get away with DLC for DLC then all future content will get chopped up, it's that easy.

So it doesn't matter if I don't buy it, other people buying it makes it worse for everyone. You pay more for less.
    First off thanks for making this thread.

I also don't see it. You're arguing not against the thing but the perceived results of that thing. TWW2 had cut up rosters and it absolutely destroys TWW1 in a contest of quality.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 3,153

This is simply false man.

CA has already shown that they are giving us a fair amount of content per money paid.

TKs had a full roster and 4 LLs, with unique mechanics and the like.

WEs had the same, except they had a minicampaign map instead of 4 LLS.

They know perfectly well that if they provide not enough content, we will get angry.

Plus, the DLC for DLC is pointless now that they have shown that they are willing to put LLs from old races in the Vortex Map. They could perfectly release a Lord Pack for a BM or a WE LL without needing to own the old DLC.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 511

Why are EA/Activision and Ubisoft doing what they are doing? Because the honking whales allow them to do it and reward their terrible business practices.

I don't want the whale pod to eff this up for the rest of us.

Because people have different ideas of what qualifies for good content. Someone will pay 5£ for a cosmetic Pirate Hat, others will pay 3€ to have blood and gore in their game. I don't care about either, personally, but I don't judge people that do. It's their money, not mine.

Prices are dictated by what people are willing to pay for them. Whales don't exist but it's just a case of different people buying different things.

PS. People, please stop flagging others for not having the same opinion as you do. It's immature.
    MrMecH said:

Greeneck said:

I agree with you. IMO they don't care DLC races because their beloved one is main races. So they try to bury DLC races and make all contents for their beloved main races.
    That's right, I got the same suspect. Sadly TW:Forum is covered by groups of people who love a race over other races. If one of this groups is bigger than the other ones, then they will think they have all the rights to **** on the opinions of the others.
    Pocman said:

CA has already shown that they are giving us a fair amount of content per money paid.

They know perfectly well that if they provide not enough content, we will get angry.

Plus, the DLC for DLC is pointless now that they have shown that they are willing to put LLs from old races in the Vortex Map. They could perfectly release a Lord Pack for a BM or a WE LL without needing to own the old DLC.
    thing is in that case CA has to lower the BM/WE Race Pack price drastically. Lets say the next Lord Pack is Skaven vs BM (Taurox). So you have acess to taurox in Vortex (for example Naggaroth), all the units from the Lord pack AND the core units from the game 1 race pack but no acess to the LL from game 1.

Literally nobody would pay 20 bucks for only a couple of LL

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    edited May 11
    I actually agree with you about DLC for DLC.

However, I'm absolutely fine with things I previously paid for (basically, all Game 1 content) being 'given away' or included as part of new content packs.

My ideal scenario would be that Game 3 includes all content from Game 1 and Game 2 in it by default, even if you've never bought them before, to encourage future enhancement and development of these (I'd prefer updated textures and animations to new units in most cases, but same point). Heck, if they just release Beastmen, Chaos Warriors and Wood Elves as a free download for anyone I'd be delighted; I've got what I paid for from them anyway (ie many years of exclusive access).
  • ArchRangerArchRanger Registered Users Posts: 105

So you're attacking a strawman in the name of virtuous gamers and their wallets? Let me tell you, there is plenty of games out there that you can champion for less aggressive micro-transactions but I truly don't see how TW:WH or even CA as a company is one of them. Hell, the publisher (Sega) isn't even know to overcharge content that much, not compared to companies like EA, Konami, ActiBlizzard, 2k, and Bethesda. You're fighting a non-existing enemy pushing this mindset here IMO.
  • Asurwarrior998Asurwarrior998 Registered Users Posts: 135
    Pocman said:

Agreed a lot of companies, including CA I imagine saw the disaster that was battlefront 2 and what happened to EA and Dice because of it. Battlefront 2 was made an example of and everyone saw it. If you didn't take the lesson from their mistake then you are foolish and your company will suffer the same fate. Dice has been damaged beyond repair from it, battlefield 5 flopped and it flopped HARD. Dice is now in an upscale battle to save their franchise and brand from the destructive path they took with EA who has also been trying to make amends in APEX and Star wars Jedi fallen order which just received a free update to boot. 2017 was the year of microtransactions and it showed how powerful gamers are when they rally behind a cause which we did that caused an earthquake in the gaming industry and the monetisation that followed for many games.

CA will not make the mistake that EA and Dice did
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,034
    zinsncabs said:

First of all, why are people flagging @Ephraim_Dalton ? His position is a reasonable one. Not liking it is not a basis flag him ffs.

So, in general, I agree with his position, but I’d also like more content for the Beasties and I’d like see a couple of LLs added to the WElves’ roster. So I believe that CA will ultimately do what @Sultschiem proposes in an earlier post using Markus Wulfhart as his example. I think that’s reasonable.

His position is ludicrous. His argument is that we should not trust CA to do a reasonable job despite what they've done with TWWH so far, because out in the world there are garbage companies doing garbage things. That's like saying that you shouldn't trust your doctor to diagnose you properly, because out in the world are **** doctors that aren't doing their job right.

CA is not Ubi or EA ot T2 / 2K or ActiBuzzard. They should not be treated as if they were. Skepticism is fine, open hostility is irrational and serves no actual purpose other than alienating them and possibly pushing them to behave like those very disagreeable companies.

This is just your personal issue. You are convicting and witch hunting CA for something they didn't do and probably will never do. Disrespectful against CA.

Once you show you're willing to pay more for less, that's what you'll do.

Yep, you are being short-sighted and only thinking about short-term enjoyment. And make it worse for everyone in the future.

Also, LOL at "doesn't care not for poor WoC or BM". Yeah, you can go right to hell for that.

zinsncabs said:

First of all, why are people flagging @Ephraim_Dalton ? His position is a reasonable one. Not liking it is not a basis flag him ffs.

So, in general, I agree with his position, but I’d also like more content for the Beasties and I’d like see a couple of LLs added to the WElves’ roster. So I believe that CA will ultimately do what @Sultschiem proposes in an earlier post using Markus Wulfhart as his example. I think that’s reasonable.

His position is ludicrous. His argument is that we should not trust CA to do a reasonable job despite what they've done with TWWH so far, because out in the world there are garbage companies doing garbage things. That's like saying that you shouldn't trust your doctor to diagnose you properly, because out in the world are **** doctors that aren't doing their job right.

CA is not Ubi or EA ot T2 / 2K or ActiBuzzard. They should not be treated as if they were. Skepticism is fine, open hostility is irrational and serves no actual purpose other than alienating them and possibly pushing them to behave like those very disagreeable companies.
    If "ludicrous positions" where grounds to flag people, plenty of people would already be off the board permanently.

No, I don't trust any companies to not make blatant cash grabs if people show they're a pod of whales. Not at all.
    4 pages and yet you still have 0 arguments besides : "I dont like it" and "if people show theyre a pod of whale CA becomes a cashgrabbing mashine". What a great discussion

• TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 339
    edited May 11

Why is all this kid crying that you are robbed when you are not forced to pay. Do not like - do not pay. The system of fraction dlc or lordpack dlces gets better and better from point of view of content. People are fine with it. Some are waiting certain DLC. Beastmen more then deserve an update and dlc to bring them to the Vortex as Empire and Greenskins did. We d be OK with a flc and 2-3 lord and hero types to fill up their holes in roster.

The main part of content is usualy a LL more then units in many caces - we ve usually got 2 LL+FLC ll a pair of lords, 1-2 heroes and per 3-5 units and RoR for 2 main fractions - it was ok.
    If we take beastmen they d get the same treatment. Each fraction had such gaps from the beginning (not WE who do not have only several lord and hero options). So the pattern is three same from the beginning - content of a dlc can be better or worse but on average we do always get the same. Besties were the first Race pack and got a separate campaign as WE did, but to the time of WE CA got that people prefer better roster to mini campaigns. Both of these were experimental and great for their time. If they get standard dlc or flc treatment in a pack against Throt for example it ll be cool bur not robbery. And it ll make the hole game more interesting with stronger and more variate opponents. Multiplayer even better.
    So its pretty much a "i dont want it so it should never happen, **** all the BM, WE, TK, WoC fans" thread.