Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War :THREE KINGDOMS - Patch 1.5.2

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 440
edited June 23 in General Discussion

The 1.5.2 beta for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is now live! This update includes a number of different fixes.

To read the patch notes and find out how to opt in, click here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-patch-1-5-2/
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,243
    Error 404 - page not found.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 440

Error 404 - page not found.

Thanks, we're working on it as we speak!
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Damn I should of read comments first, as I clicked on link straightaway :D
  • CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 440
    markp27 said:

Damn I should of read comments first, as I clicked on link straightaway :D

Shouldn't be long! I'll update the thread when we're up and running.
    We've fixed the issue so the patch notes should now be visible!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,243
    CA_James said:

We've fixed the issue so the patch notes should now be visible!

Thanks - it's working now.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,210
    Ah, that looks like a substantial list! Going to try it out right away!

• LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,745
    That’s a fine list. Will check it out today!
  • nephlitenephlite Registered Users Posts: 407
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,789
    It's a lot bigger than I was expecting to be honest, which is great to see. But there's still a fair few things I don't see listed which really need to be looked at for the full release of the this Patch.

No fix for the Child Emperor bounding all over the map as factions rank up and overtake each other.

I don't see anything about Bandit factions not getting access to Imperial Guard units when they become Emperor, and their unique Court positions still don't update to the Imperial Court by the looks of it. Also don't see anything about Bandit factions not being able to demand the abdication of rival Emperors or annex vassals due to "cultural differences". I honestly don't know if those are actually intended or just oversights.

Also don't see any changes at all to Imperial Subjects or Empire Alliances. Forming an Empire is more of a hindrance than a help at the moment, they really need an overhaul.

Lot of smaller UI issues also need to be looked at, particularly making Alliances negotiations a lot clearer and more intuitive about consequences.
  • caocaothedecievercaocaothedeciever Registered Users Posts: 145
    edited May 13
    I love the list of fixes, it was bigger than I expected although I confess I had hoped for a few new characters like the first major overhaul patch, ha ha.

On the current patch, the improved loyalty to historic faction for characters; does that mean that say, Guo Jia, who after several World Betrayed Cao Cao playthroughs has never joined Cao Cao either via event or even showing up in the recruitment pool; will he finally starting arriving where he should be?

Just one question for CA and anyone who has played with this patch/for the future: What are the odds of getting the key events in Mandate of Heaven to fire? I find it so difficult to play any of the Mandate of Heaven campaigns without the coalition against Dong Zhuo forming.

Right now, apart from a tweak to how Empires' work it's my biggest complaint.
  • FaceMeisterFaceMeister Registered Users Posts: 11
    Is alliance war bug fixed in the beta? I can't find it in diplomacy notes for 1.5.2.
  • Cp35alldayCp35allday Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited May 13
    Is there any plan to fix the official mod tool for the MoH campaign? A lot of the replayability of the game while the pandemic is going on and the fact that there may not be new content for awhile is coming from excellent mods, but not they do not work for MoH! All of the major mods list this as a disclaimer for their mods. I wish they would make this a priority
  • kk107kk107 Registered Users Posts: 112

Is alliance war bug fixed in the beta? I can't find it in diplomacy notes for 1.5.2.

Yeah 5th bullet point
  • FaceMeisterFaceMeister Registered Users Posts: 11
    Thanks! Somehow I missed it.
  • Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 246
    RIP 30 turns emperor Lu Bu
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,320
    edited May 13
    I see a bunch of stuff I reported getting their fix, so that's nice.
    Also a bunch of stuff we talked about (like Sun Ce Blood fury) got their tweaks

Keep up the good work CA ! ;)

(And meanwhile I'm going to download and I will actually make a thread if the Crossbow Cavalry unit count is not fixed)
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 813
    Thank you for fixing the game CA. I haven't been playing 3k a lot lately because of how many bugs there were. This will certainly get me back into it.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

• gambit13gambit13 Registered Users Posts: 5
    is the income bug on load save included?
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,320

They seemingly worked around it by giving the income bonus to other sources (that would actually apply on loading saves). It's a band-aid fix but it'll probably work.

... for the time being.
  • ZeraMavisZeraMavis Registered Users Posts: 42
    Is it good for 3K?
  • ZeraMavisZeraMavis Registered Users Posts: 42
    Is it good for 3K?
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,935
    edited May 13

This issue is still not fixed. Character positions are not showing up on the panels like they are supposed to. Xiahou Dun is Grand Excellency, but still shows up as Court Noble in the character panels. This can be quite misleading later on.
    Post edited by mitthrawnuruodo on
    gambit13 said:

Well, reloaded several times without income loss, so changing the effect to come from another effect bundle must have worked.

• 19930423LDr19930423LDr Registered Users Posts: 204
    Rewan said:

They seemingly worked around it by giving the income bonus to other sources (that would actually apply on loading saves). It's a band-aid fix but it'll probably work.

... for the time being.
    Wow... that is some srsly bad code. So they didn't really fix it.

Rewan said:

... for the time being.
    Yes, they did. Also, how would you know what the problem is or whether the code is "bad"?

• 19930423LDr19930423LDr Registered Users Posts: 204

Rewan said:

... for the time being.
    Yes, they did. Also, how would you know what the problem is or whether the code is "bad"?
    Because they didn't fix the actual bug. It's just a bandaid to make up for it. It's like if a hole appeared and the just duct taped it.
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Registered Users Posts: 676
    Thanks for the fixes CA, can't wait to try it out.
  • BAB1918BAB1918 Registered Users Posts: 237
    edited May 13

Rewan said:

... for the time being.
    Because they didn't fix the actual bug. It's just a bandaid to make up for it. It's like if a hole appeared and the just duct taped it.
    That's a poor analogy as it isn't a proper depiction of the bug or the fix.

It's more like they decided they didn't need a hole there and moved it to a spot they did, where the vent pipe was coming through the roof, and now it's got a nice, new witch's cap over it.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Still no Jian Yong in Liu Bei's starting party :(

He only ever served Liu Bei. They grew up in the same village. So continues to stay off the game until these and other issues with Liu Bei are fixed.