Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Kroxigor Ancient from Official Source

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,663
edited May 15 in General Discussion

Source: US Games Workshop Complete Catalog & Hobby Reference 2006-2007

Found this while digging through official sources for potential DLC stuff.

Comments

• GameavisionGameavision Registered Users Posts: 24
    Not to burst any bubbles, but the kroxigor ancient is already a recruitable lord.

Besides, as far as further DLC is concerned it most likely will not contain anymore lizardman units/heroes/lords, unless of course it's a free update.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 216
    In 8th edition you can upgrade one Krox to a Krox Ancient for 10 points...
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,102
    The Kroxigor Ancient was a unit champion on TT. That's what that model is of.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,663
    Ol_Nessie said:

Yeah I thought that was the case. Just wanted to show that it was represented in official material in some form.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,736
    I still think their fist weapons are hilarious.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    Ol_Nessie said:

Honestly, this just makes me miss unit champions and standard bear and musician from TT. It was just such a nice touch and detail. They don't necessarily need special stats, just be visually there, imho.
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 279

Ol_Nessie said:

Honestly, this just makes me miss unit champions and standard bear and musician from TT. It was just such a nice touch and detail. They don't necessarily need special stats, just be visually there, imho.
    I hope that WH 3 will implement some stuff from 3 Kingdoms like banners. Musicians would also be an extremely nice touch to certain factions. If Empire Total War has drummers, than surely the Empire in Warhammer Total War can have them too.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 860
    Qwerty55 said:

Ol_Nessie said:

I hope that WH 3 will implement some stuff from 3 Kingdoms like banners. Musicians would also be an extremely nice touch to certain factions. If Empire Total War has drummers, than surely the Empire in Warhammer Total War can have them too.
    It's a crime that this game doesn't at least have banners and unit champions/captain. It's literally the only game in the Total War series that doesn't have either. I'd love to have musicians back from Empire, but I could live without as long as we got banners and captains back.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,102

Ol_Nessie said:

Yeah I thought that was the case. Just wanted to show that it was represented in official material in some form.
    That was never in doubt and you didn't have to dig that deep. Here's the last 3 editions of Kroxigor army book entries:

6th

7th

8th

I'm not sure how the conversion model in the catalog is supposed to be some kind of revelation.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 671

Qwerty55 said:

Ol_Nessie said:

It's a crime that this game doesn't at least have banners and unit champions/captain. It's literally the only game in the Total War series that doesn't have either. I'd love to have musicians back from Empire, but I could live without as long as we got banners and captains back.
    Because adding these would take as much work as adding an entire new race. Think about it? That's two-three new animation sets per skeleton. And races have multiple skeletons. Just empire alone you would need infantry, cavalry, demigryph cavalry. That's already about as much new animation work as went into your average lord pack.

As much as they would look nice - if you gave people the option between musicians/banners or a whole new race - I know what I would choose.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 418
    It's making them a Lord choice that is questionable, not their existence per se.

Personnally, I would have been fine with a hero choice. Something that could be helpful to the Lizardmen roster: a melee hero on foot.

But it's not the direction CA went.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,571
    MiniaAr said:

It's making them a Lord choice that is questionable, not their existence per se.

Personnally, I would have been fine with a hero choice. Something that could be helpful to the Lizardmen roster: a melee hero on foot.

But it's not the direction CA went.

I agree. Kroxigor lords are the most egregious lore breach CA (who’ve been doing a great job by the lore in all fairness) have committed thus far. Nakai is one of a kind and is implied to be as independent as he is due to some mystical influence.

A Minotaur style hero would have been acceptable, as of now they just come off as roster bloat.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 860

Qwerty55 said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Because adding these would take as much work as adding an entire new race. Think about it? That's two-three new animation sets per skeleton. And races have multiple skeletons. Just empire alone you would need infantry, cavalry, demigryph cavalry. That's already about as much new animation work as went into your average lord pack.

As much as they would look nice - if you gave people the option between musicians/banners or a whole new race - I know what I would choose.
    Except for the fact that these animations already exist for infantry and cavalry. For the empire, it would only be demigryphs. And it's not like they would make new animations for the majority of races; all of the human factions, elf factions, and undead factions use the same skeleton. The only animations that would have to be built from the ground up would be Dwarfs, Greenskins, Lizardmen, Beastmen, and Skaven. Every other race in the game uses the same base skeleton and those animations exist for the human skeleton from previous Total War titles.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,736
    Anyone else think they run like toddlers? I lose it every time I see them charge in with their fist weapons that remind me of arm floaties.