Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Total WAAAGH! Update Patch Notes

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 438

The Total WAAAGH! update is coming alongside the Warden & the Paunch!

This patch includes the long awaited Greenskins faction rework, updates to the Mortal Empires map, and more fixes than you can shake a Snotling at.

Check out the full patch notes here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-total-waaagh-update/

Comments

• innerpinnerp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 785
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,730
    W00t. For Caledor!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,765
    Mana from the gods!
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,773
    Good work CA! 👏🏼
  • ASTR1ASTR1 Registered Users Posts: 24
    Nice update........but what about the siege GATE BUG?any chance of that being fix ?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,765
    edited May 19
    Not happy about weakening Warp Lightning..
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 608
    Nice! Reading time.

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE CHIEF DOOMCLAW"-I know the Rictus Clan-Nest faction but what exactly is this referring to? Could you get two of Doomclaw somehow?

"Gains access to a new unique building in Nagashizzar." I'm very interested in this. Azhag never met Nagash in the timeline so curious what happens here. Ability to raise dead or something?

"Clan Kreepus have been dispatched by their masters, Clan Eshin, in pursuit of a certain Warpstone meteorite…"-I've seen that they start in Mordheim but does this mean more? Also, Skaven exist in Black Chasm in Bretonnia so there is another spot if you need it (Eshin owns it so stick Clan Treecherik as a thrall clan and Clan Flem nearby as Pestilens has had them trying to take it).

"In addition, The Master Necromancer leading the faction has resolved his identity crisis, and is now named Kadon"-Nice lore reference. Maybe Ushoran coming along to take charge someday ;]

Plenty other of great stuff there, great work as always!
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,281

The Huntsmarshal’s Expedition will now start with Wulfhart’s Hunters when an AI faction
    "Ungrim no longer grants +30% casualty replenishment for slayers in his army, this has been replaced by a unique passive “Journey’s End” which prevents slayers from dying until they lose at least 50% of their HP"
    New Mounts:
    Added a White Lion Chariot mount for Alastar the White Lion

Added an Arcane Phoenix mount for Teclis

Added a Griffon Mount for both the Prince and Princess
    Summoning spells army capacity limit

Previously some summoning spells could not be cast if the army was already at its 20-unit cap. This was inconsistently rolled out and negatively impacted gameplay. This cap has now been removed and all summon spells can be cast regardless of if the army is at capacity or not.

PROVING GROUNDS BETA CHANGES
    We recently ran an experimental beta called the Proving Grounds to test some more extreme changes to in-game systems and mechanics. We’ve implemented a few minor changes based on our learnings from beta feedback and may look at implementing more in future.

Malus AI confederation frequency reduced
    Frequency for AI to use offer to join war reduced
    Falloff for diplomatic events reduced
    AI Vampire Counts are now using basic strategic behaviour instead of defensive behaviour
    Auto-resolver specific system to ensure unit losses disabled (units are generally less likely to be killed in the Auto-resolve)
    Auto-resolver bonus against minor factions adjusted for Greenskins, Dark Elves, Skaven and Vampires
    Skaven AI unit recruitment and construction improved
    Updated AI victory region setup which the AI will prioritize a little more (Mortal Empires):
    Minor factions generally try to keep the regions out of another subculture’s influence
    Major factions want to own it all
    Vampire Coast focus on Coastlines
    Dwarfs focus on Mountains
    Tomb Kings focus on Southlands Desert
    Empire territory focus for Empire and Vampire Counts (Mannfred and Vlad)
    Bretonnia focus on Bretonnian territory
    Belegar, Skarsnik and Queek keep their Karak Eight Peaks objective
    High Elves and Dark Elves focus on Ulthuan
    Dark Elves and Alith Anar focus on Naggarond
    Diplomacy changes

Vampire Counts starts at war with Stirland
    Schwartzhafen starts at war with Averland
    Removed war between Eataine and Cothique in Mortal Empires
    Reduced confederation likeliness for Greenskins through diplomacy (as they have the Norsca-style confederation option now)
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,535
    edited May 19
    Hmm patchnotes not mentioning (B)OBB. Last year the patchnotes already pointed toward Skullthrone and the gimmick.
    Either they want to surprise us on thursday....or Skullthrone might come another time. Which would suck.

Karak Eight Peaks is now a ten-slot settlement.

The fast-forward end-turn button will now remember its setting

FINALLY.

------Red Dox
  • ReprotoxicReprotoxic Registered Users Posts: 122
    "Poison and other contact effects on ranged weapons have long been a double-edged sword. Friendly fire meant you could poison your own troops just as readily as the enemy’s, leaving you with a zero-sum result. With this update friendly fire will still cause damage, but will never inflict debilitating contact effects on your own units. This also applies to vortices, bombardments and other sources of friendly fire debilitation… all except for Poisoned Wind. Because Skaven!"
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,281
    edited May 19
    Ignore someone confused me
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• ReyDReyD Registered Users Posts: 214
    "Clan Kreepus have been dispatched by their masters, Clan Eshin, in pursuit of a certain Warpstone meteorite…"

Maybe I reading too deep into this but could this be a hint for a future Skaven content with a Morsslieb/Meteorite Warpstone theme ?

Or maybe I missed something related to it in the game
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,942
    Ungrim no longer grants +30% casualty replenishment for slayers in his army, this has been replaced by a unique passive “Journey’s End” which prevents slayers from dying until they lose at least 50% of their HP

Hmmmm.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Cochus1Cochus1 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Nice to see the changes of AI territory preference introduced in Proving Grounds. I hope it helps to mitigate the ordertide
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    War Wagons:
    Increase Base missile damage from 3 to 5

Increased AP missile damage from 15 to 25

War Wagons (Mortars):
    Increased Ammunition from 16 to 22

Increased Range from 340 to 380

well, maybe they will finally be useful... but I still have my doubts. Tbh, Mortars and Helstorm would be the artillery most people wouldn't really need more mobility for, they are intended to sit in safety and lob shells... a cannon War Wagon, or the Black Lions? They profit more from high mobility imho
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,759
    Good to see our Chinese friends are given the chance to understand it. Very nice changes.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 252
    The problem with the War Wagons is that CA is still trying to turn a tanky chariot that could both melee and shoot into some sort of heavy skirmishing chariot. The War Wagon should have been a melee and anti-infantry threat as well as a missile chariot.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,800

War Wagons:
    Increase Base missile damage from 3 to 5

Increased AP missile damage from 15 to 25

War Wagons (Mortars):
    Increased Ammunition from 16 to 22

Increased Range from 340 to 380

well, maybe they will finally be useful... but I still have my doubts. Tbh, Mortars and Helstorm would be the artillery most people wouldn't really need more mobility for, they are intended to sit in safety and lob shells... a cannon War Wagon, or the Black Lions? They profit more from high mobility imho

oh go watch dhavplays tournament last weak, he won with wagons
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,672

The problem with the War Wagons is that CA is still trying to turn a tanky chariot that could both melee and shoot into some sort of heavy skirmishing chariot. The War Wagon should have been a melee and anti-infantry threat as well as a missile chariot.

they should'v added the flail/Halberd/mancatcher parts of the crew.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • JestamaneJestamane Registered Users Posts: 237
    Good update!

But now can we focus on the DLC some of us payed for? WE, BM, Norsca, and WoC are desperate need of attention...
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    Absolutely amazing! So much work! Especially considering that they had to deal with the move to working from home and all that entails. Great job CA!
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 417
    Boris Todbringer (mounted on an Imperial Griffon):
    Gained innate ability Bloodroar.

I've been arguing for over 3 years that Boris's Griffon should be given back its bloodroar ability but everyone in the community and even CA argued against me. Looks like I was right after all.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/207269/bug-report-boris-griffon-missing-blood-roar#latest

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/225277/give-boris-boriss-griffon-back-its-bloodroar-ability#latest
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    Sad that supply lines are still in but liking the patch so far.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 5,800
    BRiiTASH2 said:

Boris Todbringer (mounted on an Imperial Griffon):
    Gained innate ability Bloodroar.

I've been arguing for over 3 years that Boris's Griffon should be given back its bloodroar ability but everyone in the community and even CA argued against me. Looks like I was right after all.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/207269/bug-report-boris-griffon-missing-blood-roar#latest

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/225277/give-boris-boriss-griffon-back-its-bloodroar-ability#latest

yes you were right mate
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • RYANS319RYANS319 Registered Users Posts: 165
    AR balances!!!! Yay! I also love the changes to help keep the Order factions in their area. I always hated the defensive Vampire Count AI aka just sit there.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,068
    ReyD said:

"Clan Kreepus have been dispatched by their masters, Clan Eshin, in pursuit of a certain Warpstone meteorite…"

Maybe I reading too deep into this but could this be a hint for a future Skaven content with a Morsslieb/Meteorite Warpstone theme ?

Mordheim is now a Skaven city for a new faction. In the lore, Eshin sends most of their agents to secure warpstone there. Just flavor
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,545
    ReyD said:

Who else loves warpstone and have a character who came down in a Warpstone metiorite? BM! BM vs Skaven confirmed! :lol:
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 792
    edited May 19
    I like many things for HE and GS, also specially summoning without max cap or loreful AI changes are also interesting.

Not very happy with empowering range missiles and aoes while they add small nerfs to VC stats...

My heart is for Nagash.
    My dreams are made of Elves..
    And my soul always sides with ogres, goblins and beastmen.

Amazons and Cathay are coming!
  • Dullahan125Dullahan125 Registered Users Posts: 75
    Some good news in there,
    but i hope they fixed the fade off voice lines for the lords when you access a skill tree, and the missing text that appered when you hover your mouse cursor over a campaign or dillema option.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,727
    Lots of nice changes.

Things I really like:
    1) Easier to obtain quest items for confederated lords;
    2) NEW AI for VAMPIRE COUNTS;
    3) Markus starting with his heroes in Mortal Empires;
    4) rework, new factions, landmarks, etc.