Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven next DLC

DaruwindDaruwind Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 890
Even Warden/Paunch release trailer contain Skaven markings.. Moulder is coming (sooon yes-yes)

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

Vote Kislev to be pre-order Wh3. Bear with us!

Comments

• HeinzuHeinzu Registered Users Posts: 923
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,565
    I won't complain if we get Klawmunkast..
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,009

I would, we need Thrott to give us Moulder and we already have a Skaven inventor anyway.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,124
    Throt or Ghoritch are the only real leaders for the next DLC; as Clan Moulder needs to get in. Either the best mutator (Throt) or the grand general of clan moulder (Ghoritch)
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 571
    We need a new competitor for the paunch war, we need a rival for Grom, we need Throt ... for now XD
    Goatforce said:

I would, we need Thrott to give us Moulder and we already have a Skaven inventor anyway.
    Like anything else what we don't get now we get later on. Skryre units are always good and get added to the workshop. Big vehicle and artillery upgrades would be popular.

Klawmunkast means we still have lots of Skaven DLC remaining.
  • nikamika12345nikamika12345 Registered Users Posts: 493
    i Dont play Skaven alot, but stormfiends with different weapon look very interesting to me. they Remind me Obliterator Squad From 40k =D
  • ItanusItanus Registered Users Posts: 302
    Hopefully not.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,267
    Did ca confirm it is going to be skaven,?
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Did ca confirm it is going to be skaven,?

No.. the only time I will believe it iwill be Skaven is when CA tell us.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,124

Goatforce said:

Like anything else what we don't get now we get later on. Skryre units are always good and get added to the workshop. Big vehicle and artillery upgrades would be popular.

Why should Skyre constantly get stuff when we havent had anything from Moulder yet?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,009

Goatforce said:

But we aren't going to get infinite LLs. Before Klawmunkast we need at least: Thrott, Thanquol and Skreech Verminking who are far more important and/or add another themed character (Klawmunkast is just a lesser Ikkit). So he should only really be an option for an 8th LL, and we don't know that races are going to get that high - and if they are other races may need the LP slots more than skaven at this point.

I'm not saying "no Klawmunkast ever" but he is fairly unlikely to get in given he is a lesser Ikkit who is pretty obscure, and by the time he's gotten around to (sometime deep in game 3 given it being after at least 1 X-LP that already featured Skaven assuming Than or Skreech is FLC) game 3 may be finishing up - there are a lot of characters that really should get in before the obscure ones.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,869

Skryre units are always good

That's the whole problem.
  • WarfieldWarfield Registered Users Posts: 356
    Skaven vs Dwarfs!

The Unclean and The Upstart! See Dwarf engineer-themed content in the link below!

Warfield Undermountain
    Dwarf Lord of Zhufbar (for the time being)
    LINK: Skaven vs Dwarfs - The Unclean and The Upstart DLC
    Daemons of Chaos vs Dwarfs - The Daemon and The Slayer DLC
    Greenskins vs Dwarfs - The Troll-Eater and The Vengeful DLC

• ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 191
    Warfield said:

Skaven vs Dwarfs!

The Unclean and The Upstart! See Dwarf engineer-themed content in the link below!

Yes-yes clan Moulder must-must come soon done-finish all clans!
    Amonkhet said:

Goatforce said:

Why should Skyre constantly get stuff when we havent had anything from Moulder yet?
    I'm not sure why this is a reason not to do Klawmunkast.
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

But we aren't going to get infinite LLs. Before Klawmunkast we need at least: Thrott, Thanquol and Skreech Verminking who are far more important and/or add another themed character (Klawmunkast is just a lesser Ikkit). So he should only really be an option for an 8th LL, and we don't know that races are going to get that high - and if they are other races may need the LP slots more than skaven at this point.

I'm not saying "no Klawmunkast ever" but he is fairly unlikely to get in given he is a lesser Ikkit who is pretty obscure, and by the time he's gotten around to (sometime deep in game 3 given it being after at least 1 X-LP that already featured Skaven assuming Than or Skreech is FLC) game 3 may be finishing up - there are a lot of characters that really should get in before the obscure ones.
    However, considering the game has another 10 years in it I think we can afford 3 or 4. Personally I have no interest in the concept of who is important and who isn't as that's mainly subjective and doesn't really add to the quality of the mechanics. The fact is Klawmunkast is a battle leader and brings with him larger mechanical machines and vehicles something that would not make sense for Throt or Thanquol. He also has enough unique features including the ability to bring powerful and unique looking Skaven Slaves to the table.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,011
    Does it matter what Not-Thanquol comes?

They all suffer from the same problem.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    SerPus said:

Skryre units are always good

That's the whole problem.
    Good units is never a problem.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    Skaven vs Beastmen are coming boyz
    edited May 22

In that case they are. Skryre is so strong that there is no need for anything else. Even Eshin DLC end up being an add-on for Skryre one.

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,176
    Moulder is coming for sure, and I can't wait for it. Moulder will come with a rework of the Northen settlements, so that Kislev can come for good with WH3 or a pre order DLC.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
    SerPus said:

In that case they are. Skryre is so strong that there is no need for anything else. Even Eshin DLC end up being an add-on for Skryre one.

Not really, all Skaven units are available to everyone. They can make it so Klawmunkast's units are cheap for him and Ikit charges him the same as everyone else for Weapon Team tech.

all Skaven units are available to everyone.

Yes, and Skryre ones are just stronger than others.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 1,988
    Mandatory Throt must be next Skaven DLC lord.
    Actual 7th edition Army book character.
    Represents the final Great Clan missing.
    Gives actual missing units like Giant Rats and Brood Horrors and not lame WD stuff.
    Has unique gameplay, with a focus on monster killing on the battlefield and fleshcrafting as a Campaign mechanic.
    Is an actual character with a personality and been around since 4th Edition like all the others baring Tretch.
    Has three arms meaning unique model.

Still I want Beastmen and Wood Elves to receive reworks before the Rats get even more love.

Still I want Beastmen and Wood Elves to receive reworks before the Rats get even more love.

CA 'hinted' Beastmen on their stream, so they are most probably coming in TWW2.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 1,988
    SerPus said:

Oh **** really? Hope so, even if my boi Moonclaw won’t be an LL and I’ll be sad ☹️.
    SerPus said:

all Skaven units are available to everyone.

Yes, and Skryre ones are just stronger than others.
    So.. it doesn't matter if they are called Skryre units or not, everyone can use them.

Personally I don't think people should support limiting interesting/cool units due to some arbitrary limit on 'good units'.

it doesn't matter if they are called Skryre units or not

It does, because they promote certain 'Skryre' playstyle.

limiting interesting/cool units

What?
    SerPus said:

it doesn't matter if they are called Skryre units or not

It does, because they promote certain 'Skryre' playstyle.

limiting interesting/cool units

What?
    Different units are different units. If I use Jezzails over Rattling Guns or use Warp Lightening Cannons with Doom Flayers I can use a totally different army set up. If people play Skryre they don't all play the same.. simply isn't true.

I said good units isn't a problem; you disagreed.. so limiting good units.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923

SerPus said:

Oh **** really? Hope so, even if my boi Moonclaw won’t be an LL and I’ll be sad ☹️.
    They hinted at Beasties in Naggaroth during a stream a while before Grim and the Grom and in one of the latest DLC let's play they mentionned Centigor Milk which is one of the ingredient Grom can get but what's suspicious about it imo is that they showed the RoR related to Ghorros while mentionning the Centigor milk.

I honestly think Beastmen have a solid chance to be in the next lord pack. I'd even consider them more likely than the Dwarfs.