Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Dawi Tide continues...

PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 654
edited May 23 in General Discussion
Playing as Imrik on ME, and having a great time. Especially loving the Arch-Mage lords. Lore of Metal rocks! + Dragon Mages. Awesome fun.

Finally, after battling Skaven, beastmen, dark elves and greenskins, I reach the worlds edge mountains only to have an attack of deja vu.... Dawi Dawi Dawi as far as the eye can see. They've Confederate every dwarf faction...

Same thing with Malus campaign... Chaos, after 10 turns is wiped out...

I love this game, but... @CA please do something about the Dwarves.

What happened to Grom? The GS update? Where are the Waaaaaa's..?

What makes this worse is that there is no way to trade with the elves on Ulthuan, and only the Dawi to trade with. The lands I own are poor. So it's attack the dwarves and lose the trade...

Is it time to stop confederations? Or restrict how many times you can do it? Something, please. I'm on turn 102, and feel like jacking in. I'm tired of fighting dwarves, and with my economy, there is no way I can start a war with them.

Anyone else?
Post edited by PTree on

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,236
    I've mostly seen Karaz-a-Karak getting wiped out by Grimgor in my most recent starts.

It's possible they just won this time for you. Did you pressure the orcs hard first?
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 654
    Itharus said:

I've mostly seen Karaz-a-Karak getting wiped out by Grimgor in my most recent starts.

It's possible they just won this time for you. Did you pressure the orcs hard first?

Really? Okay, maybe it's just my run through. Hopefully it's not a pattern that shows up every game as before.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,724
    Im at turn 60 and everything is balanced so far, Vampires are really big Azhag made a waagh to kislev and Grimgor against belegar. I think the main dwarfs are already wiped out, I have to take a look again.

Skryre conquered the whole estalia and Carcassone.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 851
    I'm playong as Imrik too and the problem is that I had to help them necause Grimgor was on my way. Mayne I shiuld have done the opposite and go for the Dwarfs, but I'm pretty sire Grimgor would have attacked me at some point.
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 92
    Itharus said:

Was the other way around for me most of the time. And I had no direct contact with Grimgor. He was just slapping some Skaven and minor Dwarf factions and then suddenly, Karraz-A-Karak from strenght rank 10 to 1 just smashing through the Greenskin territories and killing his 'Ardboyz in the end without much effort. If you leave the Dwarfs to do their thing they start multiplying like the rats.
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 654
    Barrel02 said:

Itharus said:

Was the other way around for me most of the time. And I had no direct contact with Grimgor. He was just slapping some Skaven and minor Dwarf factions and then suddenly, Karraz-A-Karak from strenght rank 10 to 1 just smashing through the Greenskin territories and killing his 'Ardboyz in the end without much effort. If you leave the Dwarfs to do their thing they start multiplying like the rats.
    That's what I'm thinking... from now on, I'm targeting Dawi early.
  • NEARCHOS3NEARCHOS3 Registered Users Posts: 139
    Im playing Eltharion in ME, VH difficulty. It was very fun in the beginning, now on turn 61, I control 2 provinces, the homeland province and the one that Eltharion starts in badlands. I havent press the GS hard, im mostly defending. Now on turn 61, karaz a karak is no 1 power, having cornered grimgor, Belegar is no3 Tyrion no 4 and border princes??????? no 5.Only the VC from the evil faction is no2,but they dont rush south. So in a few turns ill share borders with the dwarfs. O and Grom the punch ia noware to be seen. So unless I decide to continue the campaign attacking the dwarfs, which doesnt satisfy me, I will end the campaign and wait for CA to finaly fix it. For the record, I havent play the game for months, with the exception of the days the proving ground beta was on and I m not going to if the ordertide is not fixed.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,318
    Ever stop to think that if you’re battling the likes of Skaven, Dark Elfs and Greenskins that you’re responsible for helping to alleviate potential pressure on the Dwarfs? Campaign map balance is a fragile ecology and even the smallest interferences can have big ramifications.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,110
    The Empire can now confederate with Marianburg again so Manfred and Vlad had Franz on the ropes (they own more than half the empire) and then Franz confederated with a rogue state and shot all the way up to strength rank 1 instantly.

also in the patch notes they mentioned how the AI and/or auto resolve is going to be less favourable to minor factions again which kinda defeats the purpose of adding in those new Skaven factions.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 596
    edited May 23
    Early days, but campaign balance seems to be much better. Grom around turn 120 and I just got a message that Karak Karaz is gone, and it wasn't me I swear! No idea who took them out but it wasn't a greenskin faction, I got them all. The empire with 70 settlements is still a problem.

I restarted just to see if I could stomp Reikland early which I did. It's now complete chaos in the empire, vampire everywhere, I have Ulthuan, and the dawi are only rated around five. Queek and Eshin are 3 and 4. So seems much better. But that might be because with Grom's starting position you are in a position to hamstring Bretonia, Ulthuan and the Empire.
  • VladdyVladdy Registered Users Posts: 358
    edited May 23
    Two games untill now.

First with Grom....when I get east the dawitide was already too bad.

Second with wurzagh, I helped Grimgor and with perseverance we stopped the dawitide.

It's actually fun if you start close in enough to do something about it, if not... better play in an other continent.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,924
    Grimgor is whooping Dwarf butt in my campaign. It's turn 50 and Grimgor is dominating.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,176
    I wish the dwarfs to get an overhaul to their BOG (Book of grudges) : start with dozen of grudges, and allow confederations with some factions ONLY if you clear a special grudge or several great grudges. Showing you do your job.

That would drastically reduce the dawitide.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,923
    Grimgor left Karaz a karak with one settlement during my campaign and somehow they took back everything and are now snowballing hard.

Same thing with the Vampire Counts and Reikland.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,265
    Pr4vda said:

I wish the dwarfs to get an overhaul to their BOG (Book of grudges) : start with dozen of grudges, and allow confederations with some factions ONLY if you clear a special grudge or several great grudges. Showing you do your job.

That would drastically reduce the dawitide.

Except the AI seems to ignore a lot of the player mechanics and just progress as it seems fit. A hard counter such that an AI faction has a thirty turn cooldown after a confederation would probably be more effective.
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 796
    PTree said:

Playing as Imrik on ME, and having a great time. Especially loving the Arch-Mage lords. Lore of Metal rocks! + Dragon Mages. Awesome fun.

Finally, after battling Skaven, beastmen, dark elves and greenskins, I reach the worlds edge mountains only to have an attack of deja vu.... Dawi Dawi Dawi as far as the eye can see. They've Confederate every dwarf faction...

Same thing with Malus campaign... Chaos, after 10 turns is wiped out...

I love this game, but... @CA please do something about the Dwarves.

Is it time to stop confederations? Or restrict how many times you can do it? Something, please. I'm on turn 102, and feel like jacking in. I'm tired of fighting dwarves, and with my economy, there is no way I can start a war with them.

Anyone else?

Add the unatural selection 2 mod from Jadawin, this would help change this !

Very useful to buff GS factions and nerf dwarves.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 195
    100 turns as skarsnik H/H, its hard to even find a dwarf faction for my quest, grimgor own pretty much all the former dwarf karaks, also vampires are close to reunite the Empire under their rule.
  • ItanusItanus Registered Users Posts: 302
    In both campaigns in ME (imrik and Eltharion) order is on the ropes.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 290
    Grom was rolling strong at first in my Eltharion Vortex campaign but then something happend and he sank rapidly in the ranking, now he is 40th and has zero territory. I suspect that there are simply too many other LLs near him. Of course he will still arrive on Ulthuan for the final battle but it breaks immersion to have his faction wiped out before I've not even gotten to the Southlands. Perhaps CA should use dynamic start positions to ease up on the preassure a bit, move Imrik back to Caledor for example when Grom is AI.

Grimgor is going strong so far in my Imrik ME campaign, he has krumped Karak Azul and are messing up the Skaven nearby while I am tied down fighting Eshin. No idea how the rest of the map looks.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Registered Users Posts: 150
    On my first Grom ME campaign, i first conquered Bretonia and assimilated Skarsnik. After that i set sail to the pointy ears island and send a gobbo boss to scout and see which of the greenskins were still alive and how they were doing. Travelling for some time i arrived in the badlands, seeing that Grimgore had already taken over everything including the Dwarven city Karaz a Karak. The stunties where hiding far in the north holding on to their last settlements. Clan Angrund and Karaz-A-Karak both had 2 settlements.
    It was an awesome sight to behold to see an endless stream of Orc armies going north and beat those long bearded freaks out of their caves.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 829
    edited May 23
    PTree said:

He's dead. AI controlled Grom gets wiped out in the Mortal Empire campaign super early every game. In my current game, I'm on turn 25 and I turned off fog of war to look around. Grom is already dead.

AI controlled Grom, Imrik, and Skrolk need a hard look because literally every game they get wiped out very early.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,790
    Grom ME … I have yet to enter the badlands. Grimgor rules the Bad Lands, with the Dawi just trying to survive.
  • GuillermidasGuillermidas Registered Users Posts: 103
    From my point of view, (two campaigns), on Very Hard:

-Coop as Grom / Sartosa : Empire destroyed by Vlad, Dwarfs are wipped out by Grimgor, Morathi conquered half Ulthuan at turn 50 but weakened after by Alith Anar and Tyrion. I'm trying to invade Ulthuan alone, my partner is taking Arkham's and Dreadfleet.

-Solo as Eltharion : Dwarfs almost destroyed by Grimgor, but Grom Confederates all the ork. Didnt play many turns though. Cant speak about other factions, but my duel with Grom will be much fun, that for sure.
  • GranitebeardGranitebeard Registered Users Posts: 8
    I mostly play dwarfs and am upset that they keep adding skaven to the game. Skaven ruin the game to me and, in my play style, the hardest enemy to beat. If I play another race, the Dwarfs are usually gone fast... Last time I played WoC, I only faced the Karak Drak dwarfs and the rest were gone by the time I reached the slayer keep.
  • Okknight84Okknight84 Registered Users Posts: 102
    I'm on turn 40 of a Thurgrim campaign and Karak Azul, The new clan by Imrik, and Zhufbar are toast and I'm mired in meat grinder for Barak Var that I expect to lose. I went to rescue Barak Var with a doomstack for Thorgrim and a supporting army led by Gotrek with longbeards and thunderers. 4 consecutive battles later I'm recruiting miners and quarlellers just to try and bide time for a relief force under Grombrindal but seeing as the last turn Clan Rictus has laid seige to Mount Squighorn that's not going to happen.

I'm trapped, low on funds, and my elite units are dwindling and I'll be lucky to hold onto my capital another 20 turns. Seems pretty loreful so far.
  • Sharazad87Sharazad87 Registered Users Posts: 282
    Ingr8 said:

Except the AI seems to ignore a lot of the player mechanics and just progress as it seems fit. A hard counter such that an AI faction has a thirty turn cooldown after a confederation would probably be more effective.

30 turns, eeek 4 confederations and your near archaon-o-clock, Most ME games dont usually last past turn 200 odd, unless over half of us are "paint the world" style players. 10-20 ish turns closer to the 10 mark might be a good start.
    "Yes-yes! Kill!-Kill!"

• KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 290
    Turn 52 or 53 in my Eltharion Vortex campaign, am preparing to sail out to crusade against the Greenskins when suddenly a message pops up that I've gotten the Fangsword. Tthe quest (beat 3 greenskin armies) was cancled as all Greenskins are dead. Broke my already frayed immersion hard, did the Talisman questbattle since I had been working up to it but am honestly thinking about abandoning the campaign. Sucks since Eltaharion's was the first Ulthuan based campaign I've actually enjoyed. Might restart using mods to favour the Greenskins a bit.
  • luther84695luther84695 Member Registered Users Posts: 567
    Well, in my game, the GS dominates while Dwarf is barely holding on.

I think the result tend to be random.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,173
    In my Imrik campaign Grimgor has been crushing them pretty hard.

Sadly in my Azhag campaign the opposite is true.

TBH it seems the Badlands brawl is the most balanced it's ever been at first glance. The Dwarfs should win sometimes, just not every time.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,108
    The pace of the campaign is way too fast. Really need those proving grounds changes to help slow the AI down.