Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Let's talk about Strigoi VC vs Dwarfs (next LP)

EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 791
On last patch notes, they mentioned the placeholder character for the next LL of VC.

Strigoi are the only undead army capable of spamming vampire only armies as core units and I think they are more interesting than the patchmen of necrarch.

This faction would be very interesting because strigoi are not casters but they are the best tank undead faction, its a great opportunity to rival and fight with the sturdiest dwarves new faction CA does.

On the last LPs for other races its been a massive introduction of new range units and this has to change or needs a change for a while. I expect a small rework for VC, Dwarfs and WE with the next LP.

I want spirit hosts hero casters with Lore of Vampires, a rotten undead spirit tree, 3 variations of lesser vampire units, a new stronger variation of zombie dragon, and 2 variations of ghouls.

+FLC for WE (Ariel or Drycha, with the rotten undead spirit tree, Sprites and a Dryad aspect)

My heart is for Nagash.
My dreams are made of Elves..
And my soul always sides with ogres, goblins and beastmen.

Amazons and Cathay are coming!

Comments

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,184
    Not sure if this is joking or not.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 791
    Of course not, its about the time to drow skaven hopes waiting a third LP in warhamer 2, neither DE or lizardmen will get anything else. Dwarves, VC and flc for WE is the only way for CA to balance LPs for core races.

I love beastmen too but I dont think they get more than a FLC in warhammer 2, with preorder.

My heart is for Nagash.

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,189
    It's not the next LP.

Good talk.
    Do I want VC content? Sure, more content. What you are suggesting is too original and vague, find some sources for potential units.

Maybe I am wrong and its VC necrarch vs WE

and flc for dwarves, I would like this

My heart is for Nagash.

Do I want VC content? Sure, more content. What you are suggesting is too original and vague, find some sources for potential units.

spirit hosts can be made heroes, thats not too original

and strigoi had armies with only wild lesser vampires, thats not made up

My heart is for Nagash.

Equix said:

spirit hosts can be made heroes, thats not too original
    Spirit Hosts are swarm, meat shields, not even that just something to slow down oncoming units.

Swarm to Hero is pretty much the literally one of the biggest stretches you can make.
    a spirit host hero could be like the head of blacktooth greenskins, or just in this case a necromancer head or the white haired kids of a damned village, flying zombies with evil ghost necromancers inside or whatever

My heart is for Nagash.

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 2,817
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 350
    I think strigoi will happen but as an FLC
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer 2
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones of Britannia
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Warhammer 1

• NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 8
    My guess is that we will get a dorfs vs rats LP with a DE FLC and for pre-ordering game 3, we will get legion of undeath with Ushoran, Neferata, Nagash and the nechrarch ( Whats his name) or Abhorash since we know that most of undead units are in the game we can only expect a hybred-mechanic faction and some modified units!
    Probably just me being hopefull but Hey its just my take... Im open to suprises!
  • JestamaneJestamane Registered Users Posts: 236
    edited May 26
    It is LIKELY to be the next LP, i did a big rant about it But people just want Skaven shtuff ...

2 more FLC spots for TWWH2 races (DE and Skaven)

2 more DLC spots for TWWH1 race (dwarves and VC)

They might do something like WE vs VC

And BM vs Dwarves.

Gives us 2 reworks and 2 FLC

They will not give DLC for empire. Dwarves and GS, and not VC...

Yes all races wont have the same amount of content. But in the end of TWWH2 they will, thanquel will introduce more Skaven stuff in the future.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 4,019
    Not skaven you have my support
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,746
    No thanks.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Some_ScribeSome_Scribe Registered Users Posts: 1,376
    Nobody in Fantasy fields armies of vampires. There simply aren't enough vampires to do that. Even the Blood Dragons, an entire bloodline of vampiric warriors, raise armies of lesser undead with vampires just making up the leaders and a few small elite units.

The idea that the Strigoi, AKA arguably the most fragmented bloodline, field armies of vampires is especially silly. The Strigoi focus on Crypt Ghouls and the more bestial vampire units like Varghulfs.
  • subsphinxsubsphinx Registered Users Posts: 377
    Literally impossible.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 632
    Dwarves vs VC will be **** anyway.
    we already have vampires next to dwarves in all options.
    and honestly VC could already gain alot by just spreading the LL around.
    sure they could get some units but BM and WE are more in dire staits.
    and honestly don't see any interesting units to be added for the dwarves. they are boring by design to play as and against.
    new units probably won't change them what so ever.
    main issue with dwarves that their higher tier units underpreform to their higher tier. would love to see that adressed (and nerf blasting charges vs armor, vs unarmored its fine)
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 739
    Sounds super weird and highly unlikely. 3 reworks (2 small and a big one for WE?) + 3 game one races?

but hey thats 3 factions i like so sure gimme gimme that Thorek/Kazador vs Ushoran/Vorrag. Rats are most likely but tbh they ca wait till game 3
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 233
    That's not going to be the next dlc
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,112
    With only 1 last DLC, I think we will get a Skaven DLC vs a WH 1 race and a DE LL. It is the safer bet imo. But who knows ?
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    edited May 26
    Strigoi are about Ghouls and Beast units...not Vampire Elites...
    Jestamane said:

It is LIKELY to be the next LP, i did a big rant about it But people just want Skaven shtuff ...

2 more FLC spots for TWWH2 races (DE and Skaven)

2 more DLC spots for TWWH1 race (dwarves and VC)

They might do something like WE vs VC

And BM vs Dwarves.

Gives us 2 reworks and 2 FLC

They will not give DLC for empire. Dwarves and GS, and not VC...

Yes all races wont have the same amount of content. But in the end of TWWH2 they will, thanquel will introduce more Skaven stuff in the future.

Skaven will not get a FLC when they are missing all Clan Moulder stuff; thats DLC material.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,473
    Bretonnia vs Norsca
    Skaven will not get FLC or DLC until Warhammer 3

Every race is missing more than 1 LP why you rat fanboys do you think your army is the more special? lol

Next LP will be VC vs Dwarfs

My heart is for Nagash.

• RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 872
    edited May 26
    Strigoi are pretty rare, they get hunted by everyone, especially other vampires. But they are the most physically intimidating and my personal favourite bloodline.

All their subfaction aligned units are in though, ghouls, crypt horrrors and arguably vargheists and terrorgheists. The thing they're arguably missing are strigany, which would be cool to see, bit would definitely change up the faction with ranged units. Perfect for campaign specific units though.

I think well see Ushoran, their leader, but as a FLC.

Dwarf vs Skaven DLC, maybe wood elf rework
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,089
    edited May 26
    I see Equix is intent on achieving his 100th ban in a row today.

I guess there is an argument to be made for Strigoi to be a future DLC faction but so did people say that Fortress of Vorag was a sign of that as well. By my reckoning VC aren't the next DLC but one after next one.
    Equix said:

Every race is missing more than 1 LP why you rat fanboys do you think your army is the more special? lol

Actually, I just want the salt of people like you, mate.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,754
    My guess for the next LP is Throt vs Zacharias.

Clan Moulder:
    - Throt
    - Master Moulder Lord
    - Master Mutator Hero
    - Brood Horror
    - Burrowing Behemoth
    - Armoured Rat Ogres
    - Pack Master infantry
    - Wolf Rats
    - Giant Rats

Necrarch Brotherhood:
    - Zacharias
    - Necrarch Lord (new model as FLC)
    - Wraith Lord
    - Patchworkmen
    - Corpse Giant
    - Wickerman
    - Spirit Host (not as a swarm unit)

VC desperately need some large giant sized monsters and more infantry options.
    Patchworkmen are super Zombies and Spirit hosts would be a good ghostly chaff unit for the early game.

This LP would have a nice Frankenstein theme.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    Equix said:

They won't do two WH1 races against each other, your going to be disappointed that Skaven vs Someone is whats going to happen.
    edited May 26
    Amonkhet said:

Equix said:

They won't do two WH1 races against each other, your going to be disappointed that Skaven vs Someone is whats going to happen.
    Why not? Did CA say or reckon thats a rule for LP? lol

skaven will not happen, I can't wait to drink your rattie tears, because the only thing skaven army needs is a big nerf to ranged units

My heart is for Nagash.

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 7,754
    Equix said:

Amonkhet said:

Equix said:

Why not? Did CA say or reckon thats a rule for LP? lol

skaven will not happen, I can't wait to drink your rattie tears, because the only thing skaven army needs is a big nerf to ranged units
    It’s simply bad practice. 1 race will be a WH2 race. Period.

Skaven and DE need their 6th LL and Moulder is the last major Clan not in the game.

Skaven will get a Thanquol LP in WH3 with the Verminlord and Stormfiends so Moulder needs to come in WH2.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,189
    VC desperately need some large giant sized monsters and more infantry options.

Huh ? No they don't desperately need anything, the roster is pretty complete.

I would freaking love Zacharias for a lord pack or any LP for the VCounts but they are not in need of any units. You want them ? Sure, okay. But they don't need anything.