Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Three Kingdoms: Night attack

Mayday981Mayday981 Registered Users Posts: 18
Hi, I was wondering how do you initiate night attacks? I was recently attacking Ma Teng with 2 armies and he did a night attack on me and killed one of my armies. The other army couldn't reinforce the dead army.

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,116
    You have to have a character with a specific skill. I believe all strategists have the night attack skill but you have to unlock it, and there are some other characters who can unlock night attacks too I think. But either way it is based on your skills.
  • Mayday981Mayday981 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Thank you. I will have to break up my Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu army to recruit a strategist for some night battles!
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,602
    Commanders, Strategists and I believe Sentinels all have access to Night Battles. (It's a Cunning skill)
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,041
    There is also some gear that seems pretty common that allows night battles.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • Mayday981Mayday981 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Thanks guys. I will take a look into this. It's weird I was searching for some sort of night battle guide and I couldn't find anything.
    edited May 27

Said skill and its emplacement btw.
    Post edited by Rewan on
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,882
    IMO it's a bit too easy to get this rather overpowered ability. In combination with post-battle replenishment rewards it almost seems like an exploit. You can take out 3-4 armies with only one of your own with minimal damage.
    edited May 28
    IMO it's a bit too easy to get this rather overpowered ability. In combination with post-battle replenishment rewards it almost seems like an exploit. You can take out 3-4 armies with only one of your own with minimal damage.

It really depends on the type of general we're talking about and their starting point in the tree.

Now this could be "sorta" solved if CA removed the skills entierely and tied the various effects of the skills to the Wu Xing but for now that's not happening.