Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Helping destroyed Dwarf factions reclaim lost Karaks

erza321erza321 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,350
Ever since the new DLC launched the Dawi factions have started getting destroyed or end up taking losing ground.

For example Karak Azul is usually destroyed by turn 20 and Karak Hirn ends up losing ground to Vlad.

It would be nice if CA added a mechanic where the leader of a destroyed faction would approach your faction and ask for their support in reclaiming their homeland, which should trigger a grudge similar to Belegar's grudge to reclaim Karak Eight Peaks

Comments

• ArtfactialArtfactial Registered Users Posts: 212
    While I am fine with the Dwarfs caving in and losing ground, I like this idea.:)
    It's something I like doing with liberation and then helping the faction get back on its feet.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    I like the idea, but it should also be implemented to all factions.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • HonigpasteHonigpaste Registered Users Posts: 8
    Thats a pretty fun Idea. I dont mind that the dwarfs arent steamrolling anything in the campaign anymore but I do think that they could use (at least a minor) update for their campaign mechanics. I know they already got reworked, but looking at what the other factions got for a rework (expept for Bretonnia maybe) they really didn't get anything unique.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,250
    Lucifer said:

I like the idea, but it should also be implemented to all factions.

No. Vampire Counts begging each other for support to gain back their region? Nope, instead, they should offer to become their servants.

Greenskins, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Norsca? Warriors of Chaos? Beastmen? Nope.

Dwarves are way different in that regard, "reclaiming their lost holds" is a major ambition of theirs and they will frequently try to do that with expeditions. The others do not do that.

E.g. the Empire is not trying to re-start the lost realm they have. Dwarves are much more stubborn on that point.
  • TheMadTypistTheMadTypist Registered Users Posts: 116
    Like a dwarf waaagh but without the boosts or extra army/units, just marking a (former) subfaction capital and holding it at the end of a set time period? That would be pretty thematic I suppose, and nice to have that sort of dynamic objective, where it only ever really comes up in response to something that happened earlier in the campaign.

Also gives skaven/greenskin players a way to identify the agenda of AI dwarves and respond accordingly, these grudges aren’t all one-way.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 795
    In my campaigns Thorgrim win everytime and confederate all dwarves so...
  • GobsmakaGobsmaka Registered Users Posts: 277
    I like the idea, but how does the mechanic look gameplay wise? Also see a problem investing in a mechanic that may never happen, I did have one idea though.

Lord becomes a hero until his hold is retaken, he must be included in an army and gives a leadership penalty to that Army when not in homelands (represents former lord interfering with command structure when not getting his hold back), reverting back to a lord once capital is retaken and gifting the player faction a flavour unit or item from their homeland.

Ai Dawi would need to be gimped to make this happen otherwise you could go a whole campaign without seeing it.

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,250

Like a dwarf waaagh but without the boosts or extra army/units, just marking a (former) subfaction capital and holding it at the end of a set time period? That would be pretty thematic I suppose, and nice to have that sort of dynamic objective, where it only ever really comes up in response to something that happened earlier in the campaign.

Also gives skaven/greenskin players a way to identify the agenda of AI dwarves and respond accordingly, these grudges aren’t all one-way.

Nope, it should use the Grudge-System, which needs an overhaul.

SFO has some nice "Ancient Grudges", which reward special boons for fulfilling, including grudges from the war of the beard, by taking Lothern and others.

They could even include quest-chains, similar to the Monstrous Arcanum.

I think with these ancient grudges, the book of grudges could be made way more interesting.

If they wanted to go full out on it...they could add dilemmas on some of these grudges...e.g. someone is offering you a gift for them not to get a grudge on them...you can accept it, but that will give you a public order penalty, or you can refuse and have a new grudge that you have to "fix".

Some of which, could be quite interesting.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 1,864
    Actually, destroyed factions such as the vampires could retreat to an undercity much like the ones the Skaven use. The possibility of re-emerging could happen once either discovered or via another new type of mechanic, such as corpse robbery from city crypts and graveyards.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods