Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If we ever get Neferata.

NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,496
I hope we're not getting the edgy emo model, it's cool but one of her artwork is much better.

The edgy emo Neferata:

The cool Neferata we actually need:

Comments

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 4,101
    That "edgy emo" one is not the official miniature, it's a conversion using a witch elf head. The official end times model looks like this:

It's the appearance we are most likely to get, Arkhan got his in-game appearance from the same box.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,496

That "edgy emo" one is not the official miniature, it's a conversion using a witch elf head. The official end times model looks like this:

It's the appearance we are most likely to get, Arkhan got his in-game appearance from the same box.

Right, that's the one I was actually thinking for. This one is cool too but I really prefer the more Nehekharan look like her artwork honestly.

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,208
    true Neferata

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487
    Agree looks very wrong compared to how i imagined her in my mind after reading the novels, the artwork is indeed how i imagine her.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,738
    I just hope CA doesn’t give her the Damsel treatment.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,398
    That end times model of her is absolutely horrible. Hopefully they will go with the artwork.
  • Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,081
    Pls don't with the end times model.

That hat looks so dumb.
  • kelembribor21kelembribor21 Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited May 2020
    I remember compiling images of her representation in similar thread

Most likely following the pattern we would get 8-ish miniatures appearance (End Times including), personally I am also a fan of her Egyptian inspired artwork, older miniature is too much "Mortisha Addams/ Elvira", and End Times "Nagash fan-club headgear" is just ridiculous, she should have some style.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    neodeinos said:

I hope we're not getting the edgy emo model, it's cool but one of her artwork is much better.

The edgy emo Neferata:

The cool Neferata we actually need:

After thousands of years I'd expect her fashion sense to change just like Vlad's did.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 5,063
    edited May 2020

EDIT: On specifically the subject of Neferata's artwork I consider this image to be the definitive appeareance of Neferata. Just my personal opinion.

She's the leader of the cult of lahmia, a cult of vampiric seductors that has infiltrated most of the courts across the old world. She is one of the most ancient and powerful Vampires to still exist within the world, owing much of her success to her own seductive beauty, and calculated cunning demeanor. It could easily be argued that she is the first vampire, with only W'soran contesting that claim. And the fact that shes not in game and yet Ghorst made it in is nothing short of a **** travesty.

But there's an opportunity here. If she came in I'd honestly want to see close to the image above, somewhat frightening yet still terrifically attractive. Something to match both the natural disquiet that a Vampire brings, coupled with the belief that she could whisper any lie and you'd follow along willingly. That to me is the cult of Lahmia. Offer a smile before a concealed knife.

The opportunity lies in the inclusion of the Tomb Kings prior to her arrival. Arkhan shares some of the roster of the Vampire Counts, as his allegiance falls close to theirs. Neferata, despite her incredibly vast network of spies and the glittering tower in the mountains, still desperately clings to Lahmia. From a roster perspective, Neferata could have a selection of Tomb King specific units at her disposal while being a Vampire Count, to represent her continued ties to her homeland. From a mechanics perspective Neferata could be uniquely geared towards diplomacy. She could even directly borrow Cao Cao's manipulation effect from 3k, but power it through hero actions. Successful hero actions power up her manipulation. She can use that manipulation to force peace if at war, force two factions into a fight, form any kind of agreement with it scaling up in manipulation cost based on difficulty. Basically control the flow of diplomacy to her favor in so long as she continues to stay up on her "web" of agents across the map. In order to stay positive in diplomacy despite the agent actions, her Vampires could have a faction specific action that increases relationship with the target faction.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    Just based on Arkhan, I'd expect them to use Neferata's most recent miniature as the basis for her in game model. So she'll probably have the stupid hat. I hope I'm wrong.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Just based on Arkhan, I'd expect them to use Neferata's most recent miniature as the basis for her in game model. So she'll probably have the stupid hat. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm actually willing to gamble on the rule of cool this time, and say that it's likely they won't go with that interpretation. They should include the mount, but they also need Neferata to look the frightning beauty that she is. Arkhan got his 8th ed model because honestly, it looks **** cool. Neferata should follow this same rule of cool, and CA should elect to make her appear as whatever appearence seems the most impressive. Neferata is weird in that she has like 8 different styles that she could take and still be called Neferata, something most lords don't have to contend with.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,702
    IMO they should find a balance between her stately Nehekeran royalty look of the 8th edition model and the more classic vampire mistress look she had in earlier editions.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

Ol_Nessie said:

I'm actually willing to gamble on the rule of cool this time, and say that it's likely they won't go with that interpretation. They should include the mount, but they also need Neferata to look the frightning beauty that she is. Arkhan got his 8th ed model because honestly, it looks **** cool. Neferata should follow this same rule of cool, and CA should elect to make her appear as whatever appearence seems the most impressive. Neferata is weird in that she has like 8 different styles that she could take and still be called Neferata, something most lords don't have to contend with.
    I actually hope they don't include that mount. It smacks too much of ET and it looks like bad AoS garbage.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,013
    Fot the "ET one is not egyptian enough" argument the hat is an overblown version of the Nefertiti (who Neffy is probably inspired by, at least in her 8th ed lore, note sure about when she looked like Adams family) hat, so there is at least some egyptian in there.

So it is actually fairly egyptian in its derivation, though I do agree with the argument that it is, well, a bit much. If they use the ET model but just drop the hat and have her hair free-flowing I think it would be great.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Ol_Nessie said:

I actually hope they don't include that mount. It smacks too much of ET and it looks like bad AoS garbage.
    To hell with that, it looks like a giant two headed serpent powered by the souls of the damned. That thing is legit, and would tie in nicely to a spirit host themed VC lord pack.

Ol_Nessie said:

Ol_Nessie said:

To hell with that, it looks like a giant two headed serpent powered by the souls of the damned. That thing is legit, and would tie in nicely to a spirit host themed VC lord pack.
    Are we talking about the same thing? The Dread Abyssal?

It's not two-headed. But different strokes for different folks I guess. To me it looks like some kind of bad 40k Necron crossover unit and looks as out of place in WH Fantasy as the Soul Grinder.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,496

Ol_Nessie said:

Ol_Nessie said:

I'd rather the Coven Throne as a mount honestly. But maybe if they did Neferata in a Nagash faction then I wouldn't mind the End Times mount.

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    I would choose any of the Agyptian looking models, Arkhan also got his endtimes Pharaoh looking hat, so my bet is on the Neferata endtimes model.
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 910
    I'd like the end times model, but as other have pointed out, the crown is too big, could be smaller and then itd look call
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I'd prefer her not to be wearing an awkward looking golden bikini, personally.

The flowing gown from the model looks a lot more regal and makes her seem big and important.

Something like this would be better. Closer to her model. Regal. Armored for battle and thus more intimidating. She looks like a queen rather than a prostitute.

The hat is admittedly a bit much but quite frankly if you can't stand freakishly over-sized hats Warhammer just isn't the franchise for you.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,600
    If we ever got Neferata...

Bring her head to Khalida :)
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    edited May 2020
    Neferata will be tricky to get right. CA's always had difficulty with more indirect factions that succeeds through cunning and manipulations (look how poorly Influence turned out).

Not just that, this is a similar case of the Skaven Great Clans, where if you bring the Lahmians alongside the existing Von Carsteins, you have to also bring along the other great bloodlines too or else you end up with this perpetual hole in the roster.

Luckily, just like the Skavens, Vampire Counts are one of the few factions that DO have enough source materials for several DLC's to come.

She looks like a queen rather than a prostitute.

But you're kind of forgetting one important thing. It's Neferata.

While you have half a point with this, her charm lies in her ability to appear as the perfect damsel to protect, the perfect princess in a tower appearance until you're standing right next to her. Then you're just terrified and charmed all at once. I forget the book quote, but even book aside both the lexicanum, wiki, basically everything describes her as such. So being Neferata alone is not justification to "look like a prostitute". I do not like her End Times model at all though. Easily my second least favorite interpretation, with only her adams family look appearing worse.

Which is why this is the only acceptable middle ground.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,706

The flowing gown from the model looks a lot more regal and makes her seem big and important.

Something like this would be better. Closer to her model. Regal. Armored for battle and thus more intimidating. She looks like a queen rather than a prostitute.

The hat is admittedly a bit much but quite frankly if you can't stand freakishly over-sized hats Warhammer just isn't the franchise for you.

I'd say 99% this is what its going to be.
    Glory matters not.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,013

Yeah I think her armour and gown in ETs look amazing, the hat just really messes it up. A smaller hat ar hat removal and she would look great - in TW she is not lounging in the Silver Peak, she is finally moving to take back her birthright in the field, dressing appropriately for that would be expected.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,838
    edited May 2020

While you have half a point with this, her charm lies in her ability to appear as the perfect damsel to protect, the perfect princess in a tower appearance until you're standing right next to her. Then you're just terrified and charmed all at once. I forget the book quote, but even book aside both the lexicanum, wiki, basically everything describes her as such. So being Neferata alone is not justification to "look like a prostitute". I do not like her End Times model at all though. Easily my second least favorite interpretation, with only her adams family look appearing worse.

I don't think that is actually a picture of Neferata.

That being said, her most recent model's hat is awful and I hate it.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 811
    I'd go with the art style from "The Dominion of Bones" book cover. Her giant hat looks good, and it's not ridiculously over-designed like on the End Times model.
  • PlatypusErosPlatypusEros Registered Users Posts: 173
    Honestly, I came here to **** about the hat.

I HATE that hat.

Almost as much as I hate the Chaos Dwarf hats.

Fear_The_Wolfs posted picture, while perhaps not a picture of Neferata, is far more in line with what I would expect. She is the first vampire, existed when Nagash was mortal, she needs to look bad ass, not like, well, her End Times model.

GW has yet to make a female Vampire that I like. There's rumours of vampires on the wind, though, so maybe AoSified Vamps will make the change.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    edited May 2020

I do kind of like that picture. One thing for sure, she should lean closer to DE Sorceress than HE Mages as far as dress continuum goes. No matter what people say about Neferata, let it never be forgotten that she's the one who grooms her lovers from infancy to adulthood to marry them.

Screwed up with Alcadizzar though...

Whatever she is, she should probably be low-armoured, and reasonable-MD, with lower MA, WS, and AP than most vampires. Her casting should be slightly above average due to her experience, but not too high so as to not over-shadow Necrarchs.

But more than anything, Neferata's strength should be more indirect, like amazing auras and campaign effects over direct in-battle performance.