Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CHY-NA

13»

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,095
    About chy-na... Why does Helen appear to have a dimple on her chin? That's what the real problem is.
    Also while historically accurate, her white makeup is disturbing.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,393
    Rualkaar said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

I'm the only one who finds the china bashing increasingly creepy?

Probably.

All things considered it's pretty mild, and people are making the distinction between the regime and the race. I'd actually like the criticism to become considerably sterner.
    really? do we need another "yellow scare"?
    Putting a million people in Concentration Camps due to their ethnicity could quite reasonably be considered to be justification for a 'scare'. Frankly, it's horrifying.
    US- Mexico border concentration camps where parents are separated from their children and people are held in terrible conditions are worse though.
    They ARE split from their families and put into state-run orphanages. How is that worse?
    Ah so spliting children from their parents and putting them in state-run orphanages is okay now? Got it. So when papa state does smtg horrible in the US it is okay cause "US democracy muh" But when China does their own stuff it is "TotTaliTAriAn REgimE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    Illegals trying to enter versus people that were in the country that become victims. Different scenario. Do your research.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,925
    Rualkaar said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

All things considered it's pretty mild, and people are making the distinction between the regime and the race. I'd actually like the criticism to become considerably sterner.
    Putting a million people in Concentration Camps due to their ethnicity could quite reasonably be considered to be justification for a 'scare'. Frankly, it's horrifying.
    US- Mexico border concentration camps where parents are separated from their children and people are held in terrible conditions are worse though.
    They ARE split from their families and put into state-run orphanages. How is that worse?
    Ah so spliting children from their parents and putting them in state-run orphanages is okay now? Got it. So when papa state does smtg horrible in the US it is okay cause "US democracy muh" But when China does their own stuff it is "TotTaliTAriAn REgimE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
    You are jumping to conclusions that have not been stated. You claimed that the US actions against Mexican migrants is worse than the Chinese government’s genocidal acts against the Uighurs. Disagreeing with this doesn’t mean one supports the US concentration camps. It is just an acknowledgement that what the CCP doing is actually considerably more vile.
    ò_ó
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,524
    Rualkaar said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

If you don't understand people's posts, don't bother posting. Not sure who you are refering to when you say 'papa state' but then again I would have thought it obvious I don't approve of that either but seemingly it wasn't obvious enough for you, at least.
  • RualkaarRualkaar Registered Users Posts: 19
    Wyvax said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Illegal immigrants that get caught crossing the Mexican US border are separated from their children upon detaining so the local authorities can contact the Mexican authorities and make sure that their kids actually are their kids. The southern border is the single biggest highway for child/human trafficking in both countries. It's done to save children and women from sexual slavery and it WORKS. Actual families are reunited quickly when they find out they're legit.
    "Immigration advocacy groups and attorneys have warned that there is not a clear system in place to reunite families. In one case, attorneys in Texas said they had been given a phone number to help parents locate their children, but it was actually the number for an immigration enforcement tip line.

Advocates for children have said they do not know how to find parents, who are more likely to have important information about why the family is fleeing its home country. And if, for instance, a parent is deported, there is no clear way for them to ensure their child is deported with them."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/18/why-are-families-being-separated-at-the-us-border-explainer
    What is better a family separation or reeducation?
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,295
    Why is this in Warhammer section?
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,121
    I could care less about politics all i want is wh 3 to be in steam so i don't have to buy the game again to play immortal empire... etc. Less convenient for me to be outside steam
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 553
    Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

"Yellow Peril"

And that was a series of racist tropes based on fear of population replacement, not a quite reasonable concern over a pretty God-awful regime.
    Enough with the **** attacks on other countries.... Frankly, some of the so called western countries are looking absolutely god awful at the moment, and if you really want to bash countries based on moral outrage, maybe you could start there...
    Be good if a mod stepped in now to close before it gets any worse.
  • PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 242
    Go the op- if you are mocking trumps way of saying China at least get it right. It’s Gy-Na
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 4,094
    Don't you mean CA-THAY?
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 737
    KronusX said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

I don't think equalizing Epic store with the Chinese regime is "reasonable".

You didn't say that though, you said you found "bashing" of China "creepy", a suitably vague and largely inference based term used to imply unsavoury motives in modern parlance.

Certainly China has up until recently faced far less public criticism than Russia, when objectively despite it's many problems Russia is freer and the behaviour of it's state less reprehensible. Russia is however comparatively poor and not so important to global economics, therefore public figures feel far freer to criticise.
    yeah and you know why?
    Because people screaming "**** china" every time any Chinese Business makes a deal, doesn't sound to far of for me to "Kauf nicht bei Juden".
    There is a difference between ''China'' and ''CCP'' just like there is a difference between the Empire having the regular folks and the inquisitors that tend to purge everyone seen as a heretic. The difference is that the Empire has monsters while the real world has humans that act like monsters, aka the CCP. Tencent is partially owned by the CCP and it now has a deal with CA. That means that they could also to some degree force TW3 to be epic exclusive so they can get the data of all the people playing TW and sell it.

Some of us do not trust those companies controlled by the CCP. You may, but that's on you.
    I think your slightly over estimating the importance of WH3 as a game. It's very unlikely Tencent, who only own 40% of Epic, who are just a distributor, have much interest in a the last game of trilogy.
  • ArchRangerArchRanger Registered Users Posts: 105
    Rualkaar said:

Wyvax said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

Illegal immigrants that get caught crossing the Mexican US border are separated from their children upon detaining so the local authorities can contact the Mexican authorities and make sure that their kids actually are their kids. The southern border is the single biggest highway for child/human trafficking in both countries. It's done to save children and women from sexual slavery and it WORKS. Actual families are reunited quickly when they find out they're legit.
    "Immigration advocacy groups and attorneys have warned that there is not a clear system in place to reunite families. In one case, attorneys in Texas said they had been given a phone number to help parents locate their children, but it was actually the number for an immigration enforcement tip line.

Advocates for children have said they do not know how to find parents, who are more likely to have important information about why the family is fleeing its home country. And if, for instance, a parent is deported, there is no clear way for them to ensure their child is deported with them."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/18/why-are-families-being-separated-at-the-us-border-explainer
    https://www.businessinsider.com/muslim-woman-describes-horrors-of-chinese-concentration-camp-2019-10

I’d say between family separation or rape, murder, indoctrination, and forcing people to go against their religious believes, it’s quite easy to see which one is more wrong. You advocating that illegal border crossing and the handling of it is equal to the terrible, inhumane crimes the CCP is doing to fellow human beings is not a good look to have IMO. While there is arguments on what is the right thing to do when it comes to handling illegal families, there is no arguing how horrible the acts of torture, rape, and murder are. Please educate yourself on what’s going on over there and your views may change.

As for CA and this exclusivity, I’m pretty disappointed that another large company is once again bending the knee to anti-consumer policies by going exclusive on one storefront. I also have learned over the years that companies words mean little and if CA/Sega make enough money, they will absolutely take the profits over the backlash. Acti, Bethesda, 2k, EA, and many others have shown they don’t care about publicity when they are making money so we should assume the same for Sega since they are playing with the idea. Disappointing news to wake up to.

Rualkaar said:

Wyvax said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

https://www.businessinsider.com/muslim-woman-describes-horrors-of-chinese-concentration-camp-2019-10

I’d say between family separation or rape, murder, indoctrination, and forcing people to go against their religious believes, it’s quite easy to see which one is more wrong. You advocating that illegal border crossing and the handling of it is equal to the terrible, inhumane crimes the CCP is doing to fellow human beings is not a good look to have IMO. While there is arguments on what is the right thing to do when it comes to handling illegal families, there is no arguing how horrible the acts of torture, rape, and murder are. Please educate yourself on what’s going on over there and your views may change.

As for CA and this exclusivity, I’m pretty disappointed that another large company is once again bending the knee to anti-consumer policies by going exclusive on one storefront. I also have learned over the years that companies words mean little and if CA/Sega make enough money, they will absolutely take the profits over the backlash. Acti, Bethesda, 2k, EA, and many others have shown they don’t care about publicity when they are making money so we should assume the same for Sega since they are playing with the idea. Disappointing news to wake up to.
    I will just leave it here. Call it chinese propaganda whatever.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 190
    SiWI said:

well it worked pretty well the 1st time, so why not.

Rualkaar said:

Wyvax said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

CA is a business just like any other game developer and their priority is MAKING MONEY. If it is more efficent they will prefer China over the West and won't care about feelings of sinophobes. People should not have any illusions about it.
  • Tzeentch711Tzeentch711 Registered Users Posts: 29
    Rualkaar said:

Rualkaar said:

Wyvax said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

CA is a business just like any other game developer and their priority is MAKING MONEY. If it is more efficent they will prefer China over the West and won't care about feelings of sinophobes. People should not have any illusions about it.
    Dismissing issues with a totalitarian regime as X-phobia is absolutely disgusting.
  • LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 406
    Rualkaar said:

Rualkaar said:

Wyvax said:

Rualkaar said:

SiWI said:

Arsenic said:

SiWI said:

Probably.

I will just leave it here. Call it chinese propaganda whatever.
    Really? Sure, that seems 100% legit
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 592
    Hey now!! If you have racial quarries with each other then do the mature thing and battle it out in For Honor
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,353
    As someone who actually works in the non-profit field directly related to the topics being discussed, I've learned when to read the room and back away slowly. I know human experience and interaction with those affected by, and working to solve, the issues doesn't beat what someone read on a social media post. No one changes their minds on the internet because the first thing they read is always more valid than anything they read after that.
    Later
  • FloppingerFloppinger Registered Users Posts: 526
    edited June 2

Tencent owns 40% of Epic games, which has led to accusations it is spyware, usually without merit. They do, however, have a history of censoring free speech and criticism of the CCP which frankly CA should steer well clear of. It's capitalism and everyone will wring their hands and turn a blind eye, as usual.

Spyware and censoring of free speech has nothing to do with capitalism.
    Not having a problem with it, as long as the money is right does though. At least when we talk about how businesses actually operate, and not some encyclopedia definition of the term.

Not claiming that there is spyware involved, because I haven´t done the research, but we´ve seen enough examples of western companies cow towing before CCP to get into that juicy market.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,163
    Closed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.