Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What Happened to the Black Orc Warboss?

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,960
It was discovered in the files before Skulls4theSkullThrone that the Black Orc Big Boss, Black Orc Warboss and Blacktoof were intended to be proper characters that were going to be implemented so what happened exactly?

Did Covid hinder the Dev process and force them to cut it? if so, can we reuse the BoBB for a lord option until things return to normal/you're able to implement it properly?

Could we maybe see another Skulls4TheSkullThrone event soon that adds it? or could it be bundled into the next free update or whatever?

Any new GS generic characters are something the community has desperately wanted since release and a Black Orc Warboss would be huge.

Has there been any news on this front? I really hope you don't forget about him.

Comments

• Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,376
    Eh, I'm not sure. I wouldn't necessarily trust the files. It seems that sometimes CA will add data for stuff that they may have initially planned for but ran out of time/budget and decided to slate for future content or scrapped entirely. Not an uncommon deal.

I do hope we get one though. Black Orc Warboss, Savage Orc Warboss, and Savage Orc Big Boss are all on my wishlist.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608
    Black Toof made no sense as a character, he’s dead. He was always dead. And his current portrayal in game, where he’s still dead, is perfect.

And what would a Warboss version of Bobby bring to the table? He’d just be a better in every way version of the standard war boss.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,264

Black Toof made no sense as a character, he’s dead. He was always dead. And his current portrayal in game, where he’s still dead, is perfect.

And what would a Warboss version of Bobby bring to the table? He’d just be a better in every way version of the standard war boss.

If Orcs are like Orks then they probably can stitch pretty much anything.

Flavour!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,029

It was discovered in the files before Skulls4theSkullThrone that the Black Orc Big Boss, Black Orc Warboss and Blacktoof were intended to be proper characters that were going to be implemented so what happened exactly?

Morathi killed them with her corruption mechanic... a perfect end imo.
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,434
    Seeing the bugs, issues and other stuff, I assume the warboss was cut due to time restraints in correlation to the Covid-Situation, which is reducing productivity, especially in very large companies, quite a bit.

As for: What would he bring to the table:

I would have assumed, that the Lord-Version is much more a duelist, more expensive and doesn't have a shield.

They could even give him dual-weapons and make him a grinder, rather than a duelist or defensive one, giving him a bit more of a unique role.

I would not hope, that he will be anti-large, as I think, that would be the perfect role for a Savage Orc-Character.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,961
    You do know this isn't the first time that voicelines were found for stuff that wasn't eventually added?

So why don't you temper your expectations.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,009

Blacktoof obviously shouldn't be added. For the Black Orc Warboss I want him because I love thematic armies, it's that simple.
    Also we still don't have a generic Orc lord that actually have a unique skill or two buffing the Orcs.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,288

TBF we got Bloodline vampire Lords for the Vampire Counts I don't see why we wouldn't get different orc characters.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,503
    A black orc warboss would be pretty redundant IMO. The difference between it and a normal orc warboss on the TT was minimal, and since total war does not have animosity the difference is even smaller. A savage orc warboss on the other hand would be nice.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,157
    A Savage Orc Great Shaman would be even better.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 153

I mean, it would be kind of fun if there was actually a quest in the Grom campaign that allowed you to stitch Blacktoof back together. I think it has been noted somewhere that Orcs are so tough that their severed heads can sometimes be re-attached to their (or a) body if done soon enough and with an orc shaman who was so powerful that he couldn't technically die it would make at least some semblance of sense.
    Plus, having an orc Shaman on a Wyvern with the Rogue Idol summon as a bound ability would be pretty awesome.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 821
    Wish we had a Savage Orc Generic Lord for flavour reasons.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,608
    neodeinos said:

Blacktoof obviously shouldn't be added. For the Black Orc Warboss I want him because I love thematic armies, it's that simple.
    Also we still don't have a generic Orc lord that actually have a unique skill or two buffing the Orcs.
    Thats the most reasonable answer so far and I support it completely.
  • xomitsiousxomitsious Registered Users Posts: 51
    Cortes31 said:

A Savage Orc Great Shaman would be even better.

I agree. After BOBB and the (unexpected but really cool and different) river troll hag, a Savage Orc Great Shaman is the only character the Greenskins really need.

The rest would be cool to have but a S. Orc Great Shaman should be in the game
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,512

neodeinos said:

Thats the most reasonable answer so far and I support it completely.
    We need all versions of warbosses and bigbosses of savage orcs, orcs and black orcs. Great shaman and shaman orcs and savage orcs. And warbosses/bigbosses and great shamans/shamans goblins, forest goblins and night goblins.

I don't expect this to happen in the short term, but I hope it's done at the end of the setting, as it should. Thematic armies are very important to many of us, and it would be incredibly immersive if the AI was able to use it.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."