Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Warhammer III will ever come out as a Epic Store exclusive...

elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
...I will still buy it.

No actually I won't. I never buy games if I'm not sure of their quality. But I still won't give a half about the platform, and there's nothing you can do to change my mind.

Comments

• RiskafishRiskafish Registered Users Posts: 829
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,580
    I care nothing about the platform, it´s the same every time something get moved to another platform, massive outcry in the beginning then things settle down.

But one thing i won´t do is pre-order CA content, they do not deserve it until they start releasing polished products on the regular.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • lightterrenlightterren Registered Users Posts: 184
    lol if it goes epic exclusive you have to rebuy the 1st 2 and their dlc
  • SylpinteSylpinte Registered Users Posts: 34
    That would be the worst marketing idea ever.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,354
    That's not going to happen.

I'd buy it myself though.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    ...Was this truly worthy of a second thread, when there's another Epic Games thread half a dozen slots down?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,354

...Was this truly worthy of a second thread, when there's another Epic Games thread half a dozen slots down?

There's 4 now last count.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693
    edited June 2020

lol if it goes epic exclusive you have to rebuy the 1st 2 and their dlc

which might actually make good business for SEGA...

Lets use as an example a WH 3 release in June 2021.

They bring all the TW WH games + DLC over to Epic between January and April, sell them at 75% discount, and/or give away soem of the stuff for free (for example WoC, Norsca and TW WH 1 and 2), and they'd make a killing most likely, at least with those that want to play the "Proper" TW WH 3 at launch. Or a big Bundle with TW WH 1 and 2 and all DLC for like 60 $
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,234
    I won't. Not even a Monogods release would convince me.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• HealMeDudeHealMeDude Registered Users Posts: 161
    What if it comes with WH1 and WH2 and all the DLCs included?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,546
    It won't.. so don't go on about it.
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    I'm a crab because i come from salt.
  • Prkl8rPrkl8r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,050
    I won't, not because I super care about the launcher, but more because I dislike Epics business practices in relation to the store.

They are taking away consumer choice to try to force people to their platform. If they really want people to migrate, make your platform better than steam, don't force people.
  • RAMPZYRAMPZY Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 219
    I do not care which platform it gets released to, i care about forcing exclusive deals down our throats and FORCE us to buy it on a specific launcher or make us wait a year.
  • BungyFlungyBungyFlungy Registered Users Posts: 109
    It won’t happen becuase it really is a suicide move than but I would buy it becuase TWWH is my favorite game
  • HurricaneAndrewHurricaneAndrew Member Registered Users Posts: 186
    100% wont happen. Epic Games doesn't even have modding support for Troy.
  • DarklawthDarklawth Registered Users Posts: 13
    Just my personal opinion but I despise epic. I'll never play TWW3 if it comes out as an epic exclusive, even if it's only a timed one. Competition is releasing a game on both platforms and seeing which platform sells better.
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 3,644
    I've been on two gaming platforms for almost a decade now (Steam and GOG) and I refuse to go to a third (Epic) - So yeah, if CA decides the exclusive route with WH3, i'm done with CA and TW in general.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,583
    Wrong sub-forum for a business discussion.

Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.