Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Next FLC? Rakarth or Shadowblade

124»

Comments

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,981

Both are pretty unlikely.

Shadowblade would have been a good FLC for the assassin pack. That he didn't come with that suggests that for now he's not coming. Maybe game 3.

Rakarth is a good choice, but he's from wayyy back in 5th.

I wouldn't assume a 6th DE LL.

Odds of a 6th is pretty likely, so far they alongside Skaven only have 1 FLC LL unlike the LM and HE's 2.

Among the candidates Rakarth has the higher chance since he has a niche other LL's don't quite fill, and more importantly, is the easiest to pull off for a FLC. Shadowblade is far more likely as a Hero, and even then not terribly likely as he's already a character in the Vortex. Sure CA can **** the bed again by pulling off another Snikch with Shadowblade, but the odds aren't terribly high when there are other far better candidates.

Also what edition they're in is completely irrelevant, just look at the game's current roster. Total Warhammer is more or less a Super Smash Brothers of Warhammer.
    Exactly. Most of the roster is from 8e. 8e takes priority. Not always, but definitely mostly.

I don't expect Skaven to get an FLC LL, though I do expect 2 DLC LLs. 6 total might be a number CA aim for, but I wouldn't bet on it even were I a bettin man.
    Thanquol has a decent chance of being a FLC like Gotrek and Felix.

Not guaranteed, but pretty decent, especially since there's next to not unit to even pair him with
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,510
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Shadowblade would have been a good FLC for the assassin pack. That he didn't come with that suggests that for now he's not coming. Maybe game 3.

How is adding 2 assassins at the same time a good idea?
    That's their typical MO. Adding an FLC that fits the theme if possible.
    They never did something like that
    Lokhir.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,510

Odds of a 6th is pretty likely, so far they alongside Skaven only have 1 FLC LL unlike the LM and HE's 2.

Among the candidates Rakarth has the higher chance since he has a niche other LL's don't quite fill, and more importantly, is the easiest to pull off for a FLC. Shadowblade is far more likely as a Hero, and even then not terribly likely as he's already a character in the Vortex. Sure CA can **** the bed again by pulling off another Snikch with Shadowblade, but the odds aren't terribly high when there are other far better candidates.

Also what edition they're in is completely irrelevant, just look at the game's current roster. Total Warhammer is more or less a Super Smash Brothers of Warhammer.
    Exactly. Most of the roster is from 8e. 8e takes priority. Not always, but definitely mostly.

I don't expect Skaven to get an FLC LL, though I do expect 2 DLC LLs. 6 total might be a number CA aim for, but I wouldn't bet on it even were I a bettin man.

Not guaranteed, but pretty decent, especially since there's next to not unit to even pair him with
    We'll see what's left after Throt comes. I assume with Thanny Pack you'd add Stormfiends, the Skaven Demon, and a couple scraps.

Possibly an FLC though, it'd just be odd to wait so long for him.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701

amusingly, in regards of mounts, in my opinion Thanquol is THE character where they should go a bit wild with mounts.

Don't just add ED Boneripper (preferably with 2 fists and 2 flamethrowers)
    But also Old Boneripper

Or even:
    Boneripper (Standard Boneripper)
    Mutant Boneripper (Novel Grey Seer)*
    Clan Eshin Rat Ogre (Novel Temple of the Serpent)*
    Augmented Automaton Rat Ogre (Old School)
    ET

Bonerippers marked with * are optional
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,636

No that will be Josef as the second Shieldbearer of Grombrindal.

Grombrindal: Mascot of White Dwarf Magazine
    Gotrek: Book Novel
    Josef: Real World Beer brand

Thanny as a White Dwarf event character makes zero sense.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    My money is on Rakarth. We have the beastmaster as lord and hero, so it would make sense to give us an LL beastmaster.
  • nexusno9nexusno9 Registered Users Posts: 140
    Wasn't keen on Shadowblade at first, but he's been growing on me lately in regards to offering an interesting new perspective on the Vortex campaign. Having him pursue the Vortex campaign alongside Felicion would be a new twist for the Dark Elf campaign narrative.

Having him start Mortal Empires with her as a legendary sorceress Hero would also be a nice touch, and open the door to other LLs getting their own special heroes to back them up.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625
    I don't like DE so i support any lord thats not rakarth.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,380
    Kouran, if the DLC is Beastmen vs Skaven.
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    I think that those hoping for a 6th dark elf legendary lord are going to be disappointed. My bet is that the FLC will be whatever 1st game core race is out of the FLC. It would be a novelty and they'd give a lot of content for free, but if this is the last DLC for game 2 they're not going to sell it anyway.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,487

amusingly, in regards of mounts, in my opinion Thanquol is THE character where they should go a bit wild with mounts.

Don't just add ED Boneripper (preferably with 2 fists and 2 flamethrowers)
    But also Old Boneripper

Or even:
    Boneripper (Standard Boneripper)
    Mutant Boneripper (Novel Grey Seer)*
    Clan Eshin Rat Ogre (Novel Temple of the Serpent)*
    Augmented Automaton Rat Ogre (Old School)
    ET

Bonerippers marked with * are optional

manpersal said:

I think that those hoping for a 6th dark elf legendary lord are going to be disappointed. My bet is that the FLC will be whatever 1st game core race is out of the FLC. It would be a novelty and they'd give a lot of content for free, but if this is the last DLC for game 2 they're not going to sell it anyway.

Why should they be the only race with just 5 LL? Doesn’t make much sense in my opinion.

We are also running out of interesting start positions and still need a DE in Ulthuan. The donut needs to be more interesting. Starting there as a HE faction is absolutely boring so a DE faction there is needed.

I would say a DE FLC is guaranteed at this point as well as Clan Moulder.

The big question is who the second half of the LP will be. Could be everything from Dwarfs, VC, BM or maybe even WE.
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 593
    I know for some people this won't be a problem, but DE Assassins are mute so Shadowblade won't have any dialogue. Having a mute lord will feel really out of place for me.
    Skarband said:

I know for some people this won't be a problem, but DE Assassins are mute so Shadowblade won't have any dialogue. Having a mute lord will feel really out of place for me.

Are Assassin heroes mute?
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 2,042
    As a DE fan since I was 9, I have no doubt. Lokhir was already a bad choice, and because of his cool helmet we won't have Tullaris Dreadbringer or Kouran Darkhand. But bringing another random guy with another cool helmet whose most important deed was to tame a dragon... would be even worse.

From lore perspective there can't be doubts. Kouran Darkhand is the right hand of Malekith himself, and he was the one ruling and keeping the Druchii united while the entire world thought that Malekith was dead. For an entire century, Kouran managed to rule the most ruthless and ungovernable of all races in the world. Among his best generals, Kouran is maybe his only true friend, his most loyal follower, and one of his most skilled warriors. Tullaris Dreadbringer, in the other hand, is the chosen of Khaine, and he listens and obeys directly to the Bloody-Handed God in an eternal crusade against the weaker races and individuals. Both characters are two of the most important figures in Naggaroth's society, and they are well known and feared in Naggaroth and Ulthuan.

From gameplay perspective, they could bring unique mechanics and quests for their factions: some examples:

-Kouran could have a quest chain to bring peace and unite the different Druchii factions to launch an invasion to Ulthuan, following the orders of the Witch King. Also, Kouran could have something similar to Eltharion's jail, where he would delight in the torture and interrogation of the enemies of Naggarond. Malekith could give him special favors, with special agents and units like immortals (Malekith's special forces, assassins with magic abilities), or Lords of Oblivion RoR (Black Guards on young Black Dragons) in reward for his success. As a final reward for his success in the quests, he could be given a black dragon mount after a quest battle to take the Phoenix Gate or Anlec.
    -Tullaris could have a quest chain to follow the orders of Khaine, with special rewards if he keeps sacrificing slaves to his God. Different and improved version of the Ritual of Khaine. He could receive gifts and buffs from Khaine himself as he fulfills his plan in the campaign, becoming a true monster, in battle and eventually becoming an Avatar of Khaine (with its unique model) as a final reward, after taking the Widowmaker in a final epic battle.

When Kouran and Tullaris are in the game, then bringing Rakarth will make sense. Until then, the important and unique characters of Naggaroth must have the priority they deserve.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    edited June 2020
    Darkhand should be a Hero in Total War. He's the Captain of the Black Guard, Malekith's personal unit... He'd work perfectly as a LH that Malekith Starts with

"and eventually becoming an Avatar of Khaine (with its unique model) as a final reward, after taking the Widowmaker in a final epic battle."

Wrong Setting. The "Avatar of Khaine" you think of is 40k... Fantasy Avatar of Khaine is "Whoever wields the Widowmaker" (and going with ET, Tyrion was it from the start, so...)
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    ArneSo said:

Skarband said:

Yes they are. As to why would the delves be the only race with 5 lords, it's mostly personnal opinion, but I find all options very uninteresting: another guy on a dragon, 2 right hands to already implemented characters in the game and a mute assassin. And I say this as someone that has dark elves as his second most played race.
    manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

Skarband said:

Yes they are. As to why would the delves be the only race with 5 lords, it's mostly personnal opinion, but I find all options very uninteresting: another guy on a dragon, 2 right hands to already implemented characters in the game and a mute assassin. And I say this as someone that has dark elves as his second most played race.
    But they aren’t mute in the game...
    ArneSo said:

manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

Skarband said:

Are you sure? Because I don't remember them talking at all.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,872
    ArneSo said:

manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

Skarband said:

DE assassins are mute. Skaven assassins are the idiots that can't stop jibbering nonsense or proclaiming they're the next deathmaster or target unavailable, etc.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

Skarband said:

Are you sure? Because I don't remember them talking at all.
    They spoke when I played them, but mute when they're enemies