Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Da Nutz 'N' Bolts Update Beta

Comments

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    neodeinos said:

Bies said:

If we join this beta - will it include the weapon damage update in the last beta?

I think it is the same beta 9.2
    Ah yes sorry, thanks!

I already have 9.2 - so does that mean all this extra stuff will suddenly be in my game (next time I load) as well as the weapon modifier?
    Your game will start an update.
    107 mb

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 1,979
    Bies said:

neodeinos said:

Bies said:

If we join this beta - will it include the weapon damage update in the last beta?

I think it is the same beta 9.2
    Ah yes sorry, thanks!

I already have 9.2 - so does that mean all this extra stuff will suddenly be in my game (next time I load) as well as the weapon modifier?
    Your game will start an update.
    107 mb
    107mb of fixeds? Thats small, it should be like 500mb or more.
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo

Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307

eomat said:

@CA_James could we please get a unique skin for our Dragon Mage? Make him a male at least.

Why change it to male? please explain
    The arguement is that unlike Dark Elves High Elves don’t discriminate on gender when it come to training mages and that Dragon Mages are supposed to look different.

I personally don’t agree, you can make the same argument for the empire and nobody has asked for female options for battle wizards. It’s just more work than needed and what’s in the game now is fine.

eomat said:

@CA_James could we please get a unique skin for our Dragon Mage? Make him a male at least.

The arguement is that unlike Dark Elves High Elves don’t discriminate on gender when it come to training mages and that Dragon Mages are supposed to look different.

I personally don’t agree, you can make the same argument for the empire and nobody has asked for female options for battle wizards. It’s just more work than needed and what’s in the game now is fine.
    Exactly, to me that request sounds “archy” if you know what I mean.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,810

eomat said:

Exactly, to me that request sounds “archy” if you know what I mean.
    The tabletop model was male from memory. Get off the high horse.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • AdikJeAdikJe Registered Users Posts: 11
    So, um, will Grom as AI will ever be moved somewhere? He still dies in 20 turns so it's almost impossible to confederate him as other greenskin. The same goes for Skarsnik and moving him in K8P.
    Anyway, gobbos still have much more buffs, but mb now orks won't underperform so much
  • SebastelianSebastelian Registered Users Posts: 22
    So i don't see a single word mentioned about the bugged Waaghs and how they raid your own territory instead of enemy...
    What are you guys even doing? lol
  • TeachMeHowSenpaiTeachMeHowSenpai Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    No fixes to the Waaaghs!? Still no replenishment outside of settlements? Meh.

Otherwise it's a good patch, more skills for BoBB is really nice, Big Uns 1 turn recruit time goddamn finally, it only took them 1 extra month to finish of the rework for GS... Though with no changes or fixes to Waaghs I guess it's gonna be another month of waiting.
    My Campaigns
    Older Games (Shogun 2, Rome II, Attila)
    Shogun 2: Campaigns Completed
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Rome II: Campaigns Completed
    Epirus - Normal
    Selucid - Normal/Very Hard
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary
    (WoS)Boiotian League - Very Hard

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Attila: Campaigns Completed
    The Geats - Normal (Minor)
    The Tanukhids - Normal (Minor)
    (AoC)Kingdom of the Lombards - Hard (Short)
    (AoC)Westphelia - Hard (Short)
    Ebdanians - Hard(-) (Minor)
    Warhammer I
    Warhammer I: Campaigns Completed
    Greenskins - Normal (Long)
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Vampire Counts - Hard (Short), Very Hard (Short)
    Crooked Moon - Normal (Long)
    The Bloody Handz - Very Hard (Short)
    Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    (EfaE)Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    Warriors of Chaos - Very Hard (Short)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    (SotR)Argwylon - Very Hard
    Clan Angrund - Very Hard (Short)
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Wintertooth - Hard (The Crow)
    Warhammer II:
    Vortex Campaigs Completed:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Followers of Nagash - Very Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    The Dreadfleet - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard
    Yvresse - Very Hard

Mortal Empires Campaigns Completed:
    Court of Lybaras - Very Hard (Long)
    Beastmen (Malagor) - Very Hard (Short)
    Nagarythe - Very Hard (Long)

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard
    Yuan Shu (Zhong) - Hard (Coop w/ Yuan Shao)

Eight Princes:
    Sima Jiong - Hard (Regent)
  • SithicusSithicus Registered Users Posts: 9

Waaahhh that thing I wanted the most to be fixed hasn’t been.. oh the agony..

What was it?
    More than likely the movement decrease when initiating a waaagh. Or if this is how they intended it to be it would be nice to know the rules they intended for it. Especially when people are saying it's different for them. Putting on the tooltip for waaagh would be nice.

You're better off disbanding the waaagh units at this point. Mobility > crappy inexperienced units.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,157
    We have a thread saying the Waargh is too strong, one saying it’s no good.. I wonder who CA should believe?
  • SebastelianSebastelian Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited June 18

We have a thread saying the Waargh is too strong, one saying it’s no good.. I wonder who CA should believe?

That is not the problem here lol
    The problem is they have not fixed broken Waaghs that plunder your own region for no reason....
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,470
    edited June 18
    Why make it a Beta, since some of these fixes are for game breaking bugs?
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    Just checked the Marauder Chieftain Skilltree... So you again removed the general melee skills that any other melee lord gets... -,-

Why can't you simply add this skills in addition to the god specific buffs???
    That would make sense, right now the chieftains sucks if you don't put them on a mammoth.

• TheMobRulesTheMobRules Registered Users Posts: 8
    Will this **** up my current GS campaign? Will it even get applied to my current GS campaign?

Will this **** up my current GS campaign? Will it even get applied to my current GS campaign?

Only if you own BOBB

Only if you own BOBB
    I do. So will it **** up my current campaign?
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 906
    Whenever the Black Ark attacks an army at sea the Black Ark army spawns on the inferior beach position instead of near its own high-ground gates.

Since Black Arks always use the Black Ark map for fleet battles it kinda ruins the whole mechanic of Black Arks being aggressive and deadly.

Kindly fix this bug or at least disable the BlackArk map so that the battle is fought on the regular fleet battle (island) maps.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • TeachMeHowSenpaiTeachMeHowSenpai Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299

Only if you own BOBB
    I loaded up my 150 turn Grimgor campaign and the new BoBB skills was there(my BoBBs are already lvl 40 so oh well), Grimgors changes aswell, tech tree was updated for me aswell. So I think it's actually relative compatible with old saves.
    My Campaigns
    Older Games (Shogun 2, Rome II, Attila)
    Shogun 2: Campaigns Completed
    Takeda Clan
    Hattori Clan - Normal

Rome II: Campaigns Completed
    Epirus - Normal
    Selucid - Normal/Very Hard
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary
    (WoS)Boiotian League - Very Hard

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Attila: Campaigns Completed
    The Geats - Normal (Minor)
    The Tanukhids - Normal (Minor)
    (AoC)Kingdom of the Lombards - Hard (Short)
    (AoC)Westphelia - Hard (Short)
    Ebdanians - Hard(-) (Minor)
    Warhammer I
    Warhammer I: Campaigns Completed
    Greenskins - Normal (Long)
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Vampire Counts - Hard (Short), Very Hard (Short)
    Crooked Moon - Normal (Long)
    The Bloody Handz - Very Hard (Short)
    Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    (EfaE)Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    Warriors of Chaos - Very Hard (Short)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    (SotR)Argwylon - Very Hard
    Clan Angrund - Very Hard (Short)
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Wintertooth - Hard (The Crow)
    Warhammer II:
    Vortex Campaigs Completed:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Followers of Nagash - Very Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    The Dreadfleet - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard
    Clan Eshin - Very Hard
    Yvresse - Very Hard

Mortal Empires Campaigns Completed:
    Court of Lybaras - Very Hard (Long)
    Beastmen (Malagor) - Very Hard (Short)
    Nagarythe - Very Hard (Long)

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard
    Yuan Shu (Zhong) - Hard (Coop w/ Yuan Shao)

Eight Princes:
    Sima Jiong - Hard (Regent)
    Destin said:

Only if you own BOBB
    I loaded up my 150 turn Grimgor campaign and the new BoBB skills was there(my BoBBs are already lvl 40 so oh well), Grimgors changes aswell, tech tree was updated for me aswell. So I think it's actually relative compatible with old saves.
    Thank Gork.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,522
    Imrik nerf? What is this barbarism?

eomat said:

I would rather see fire mages getting proper Caledorian robes and the Sunstaff than male version. Ideally both should be a thing. Also Archmages should get male variant.

I say NO to cutting corners when it comes to the High Elves.

eomat said:

Empire's wizards at least have different looks, while the High Elves were denied the only different looking mage variant.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Darthplagueis13Darthplagueis13 Registered Users Posts: 179

"Imrik’s long campaign victory can now correctly be accomplished for those that do not own The Queen & The Crone DLC"

What does this mean? Haven't been able to play the game for a while, was it impossible to win as Imrik before?

Yes. Apparently one of the long campaign victory conditions was having built a certain building, just that this building was actually added in by Queen & Crone and was not available in the base game.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,485
    So when is all this stuff going live?

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,375
    Kelefane said:

So when is all this stuff going live?

Do you play MP? Otherwise it's completely irrelevant?

So ALL of my BOBB's basic yellow skills are **** deleted. Thanks for **** up my campaign AGAIN, CA.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,375

So ALL of my BOBB's basic yellow skills are **** deleted. Thanks for **** up my campaign AGAIN, CA.

Oh no, a hero that had his most useful part unlocked in his base state had his skills reset!

When it's sooo difficult to level in this game! You'll have to waste tens and twenties of minutes to get him back to level 40 or wherever he was.

edited June 18

Oh no, a hero that had his most useful part unlocked in his base state had his skills reset!

When it's sooo difficult to level in this game! You'll have to waste tens and twenties of minutes to get him back to level 40 or wherever he was.
    Don't disingenuous. It takes eleven levels to get Smash 'em Fasta, so approximately eleven turns.
    Post edited by Canuovea on
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,157

The problem is they have not fixed broken Waaghs that plunder your own region for no reason....
    What?? Those well behaved GS’ are plundering your region? That’s so not like them.
  • RualkaarRualkaar Registered Users Posts: 19
    Even Horned Rat approves of new BOBB changes yes yes!
  • RualkaarRualkaar Registered Users Posts: 19

I encountered same problem with my Grom's campaign that caused revolt in my main province and made me stuck in the the same province for several turns :(
  • GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 288
    Hope hard! working CA is not expecting us to thank them for this patch. Because they still owe us an APOLOGY for putting us into beta testing and ruining our experience by doing so (+ keeping our money in their pockets!) for a MONTH!
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
This discussion has been closed.