Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Seems like they're trying their best to not get us to pre-order the next DLC.

Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10,810
1 month in, still haven't played Greenskins because fundamental mechanics are still broken, and other stuff broken with the "patch" that was meant to fix it.
"As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

Comments

• ForistaForista Registered Users Posts: 98
    edited June 19
    Not only for the player; also for CA this can be very frustrating.

The new beta Patch that fixes things, but now Norsca and Greenskins lost his confederation capacity by beating the faction lord.

The code seems pretty unstable. I don't know what will happen on Warhammer 3 with the three games at once.
  • HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 139
    edited June 19
    Good. Pre-ordering is a cancer on the gaming industry and hopefully people will start to realise.
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 332
    yes pre order is awful.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 972
    pre order and the confederation mechanic are horreble.
    would vote both to be removed
  • GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 288
    edited June 19
    Never again.

No pre-order, and probably not going to make CA earn any single penny from me again.

So much making fool of community. Enough is enough.

You asked us to put some faith on CA and there we have this stillborn DLC at our hands. Is this **** what you have been promising us to deliver @Grace_CA
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • RubzyRubzy Registered Users Posts: 205
    Imagine pre-ordering in 2020. I guess history repeats itself and people never learn.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,200
    edited June 19
    I'll more than likely pre-order the next LP.

I didn't pre-order this time by accident, cost me a couple dollars :(. I'm personally quite happy. Orks are now on par and I'm having a fantastic Grom campaign, I even enjoyed Grim.

More buggy than usual, but I'll still pre-order next time. They've delivered with everything and pre-ordering sends a signal to the bosses that TWW is worthwhile.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 505
    Happily pre order. It's a great game. Bugs at the moment but still very playable.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,461
    The UK currently has to deal with both a Pandemic, which in case of Europe, is hitting the UK pretty hard....
    Plus still the effect of Brexit.....

Both of these things have caused many professionals to leave the UK and most studios are currently juggling trying to get a lot more staff, while also struggling with the Working from Home situation, causing issues with IT, stability etc.

I work in the industry and recruiters are pretty desperate right now.... while they also can't just get new workers in (14 days quarantine required) and WFH from another country also adds in its own challenges (which I am doing right now).

Do you want them to go down on their knees and begging for your forgiveness for these circumstances?
    They did a stellar job before and they will get back to it in time....

They are working hard, listening to the community and trying to be a decent company....meanwhile they are getting treated as if they are EA or Activision Blizzard....geez.

The UK currently has to deal with both a Pandemic, which in case of Europe, is hitting the UK pretty hard....

Both of these things have caused many professionals to leave the UK and most studios are currently juggling trying to get a lot more staff, while also struggling with the Working from Home situation, causing issues with IT, stability etc.

I work in the industry and recruiters are pretty desperate right now.... while they also can't just get new workers in (14 days quarantine required) and WFH from another country also adds in its own challenges (which I am doing right now).

Do you want them to go down on their knees and begging for your forgiveness for these circumstances?

They are working hard, listening to the community and trying to be a decent company....meanwhile they are getting treated as if they are EA or Activision Blizzard....geez.

Thanks for sharing this.

I assumed things would be as normal, but evidently that assumption was wrong.

I didn't pre-order this time by accident, cost me a couple dollars :(. I'm personally quite happy. Orks are now on par and I'm having a fantastic Grom campaign, I even enjoyed Grim.

More buggy than usual, but I'll still pre-order next time. They've delivered with everything and pre-ordering sends a signal to the bosses that TWW is worthwhile.

Seems your pretty sense of individualism has reached on peak while lockdown. Pandemic must have been enchanced your senses..
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    You guys are a bit unfair, we had a pandemic and CA was still trying to do what they can to release the DLC in time. A few more bugs are absolutely understandable under these circumstances.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 335
    Greenskins confederating on beating an LL is game breaking anyway, I much prefer the suppression confederation mechanic, and hope the LL snipe never gets back in.

edited June 19

There was no pandemic out there since 2008 and we know how CA did treat Empire Total War, right?
    There was no Brexit until 2016 and we DO know how CA left Attila Total War with many performance issues, get it?

They showcased a perfect looking DLC, W&P, and collected our money beforehand. Yes, I did pay it willingly, no one has forced me out back there. But how do you expect so many people to detect and identify so many game breaking stupid bugs within 2 hours? At the end CA did collect our money, delivered us a faulty product, did hide behind Steam's refund policy, made us wait 1 more month so we can -supposedly- play the game smoothly, yet again it released a stillborn BETA patch and last but not the least, they haven't delivered us an APOLOGY for all the mess they've caused by the first hand.

Enough of your people's Learned Helplessness.
    GuTaiYP said:

Seems your pretty sense of individualism has reached on peak while lockdown. Pandemic must have been enchanced your senses..
    k.
    ArneSo said:

You guys are a bit unfair, we had a pandemic and CA was still trying to do what they can to release the DLC in time. A few more bugs are absolutely understandable under these circumstances.

"Hi everyone, unfortunately due to the current situation we need to delay the DLC for a week or two to add a bit of extra polish. We wouldn't want to break anyone's games!"

That's all CA had to do. Instead, they rushed out a broken DLC with bugs galore, then rush out beta patches with even more bugs.

Yes, it's definitely a more complicated situation than that, and Sega are probably pushing CA to get content out despite what's going on. But that doesn't mean we can overlook what's going on.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 703
    edited June 19

It makes sense. I thought that all those annonces on twitter offering jobs were a sign of CA's growing, not that they were losing personnel.

I don't understand all this criticism. Yes, there're bugs, and sometimes they can be annoying, but they're far from being game breaking. The game has known worst, like the pirate cove's bug and CA has had really messed releases before -Rome 2, Empire-. I don't see CA having lowered the bar or anything.

ArneSo said:

"Hi everyone, unfortunately due to the current situation we need to delay the DLC for a week or two to add a bit of extra polish. We wouldn't want to break anyone's games!"

That's all CA had to do. Instead, they rushed out a broken DLC with bugs galore, then rush out beta patches with even more bugs.

Yes, it's definitely a more complicated situation than that, and Sega are probably pushing CA to get content out despite what's going on. But that doesn't mean we can overlook what's going on.
    From the sounds of it, it was delayed a week. Grace pushed back the announcement.

CA's communication is terrible. Not the fault of anyone we know the name of, but it's terrible. I'm still happy to cut them slack for the global situation though.

ArneSo said:

From the sounds of it, it was delayed a week. Grace pushed back the announcement.

CA's communication is terrible. Not the fault of anyone we know the name of, but it's terrible. I'm still happy to cut them slack for the global situation though.
    Definitely agree about their communcation. CA seem to insist on sticking to this strange niche area of communcation, where they aren't open and transparent like a lot of indie devs, but aren't totally closed like larger studios. They start initiatives like What the Team is Working On and the Roadmap, but don't follow them through. They give the illusion of wanting to communicate but give us blue balls every time. As such, no one knows what to expect from them, and I think that's a large source of frustration for many folks.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,349
    Nothing here relating to Warhammer game play as for as I can ascertain. Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 505
    edited June 19
    CA's communication is bad. They take way to long between patching cycles. Those are really frustrating problems for sure. And it would be great if they would address those issue. Not holding my breath though.
    But the game is excellent as was the last dlc. Bugs, of course, comes with the territory. Wish they would fix thing faster, but the anger over the bugs has hit absurd levels. It's just a game... a really good one, and very playable at the moment.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,522

Yes.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,810
    dge1 said:

Nothing here relating to Warhammer game play as for as I can ascertain. Moved to Chat.

Is that a joke? I'm clearly talking about the buggy state of the Greenskin campaign.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,583
    manpersal said:

It makes sense. I thought that all those annonces on twitter offering jobs were a sign of CA's growing, not that they were losing personnel.

I don't understand all this criticism. Yes, there're bugs, and sometimes they can be annoying, but they're far from being game breaking. The game has known worst, like the pirate cove's bug and CA has had really messed releases before -Rome 2, Empire-. I don't see CA having lowered the bar or anything.
    They are raising the bar but are forgetting each time to put some weight to it
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,541
    That CA ended up releasing this latest DLC in such a unpolished state is beyond me, it´s gods damn disgusting to be frank.

Here´s a idea for the higher ups at CA/SEGA making decisions like this one:

1:Stop treating your costumers like free workers

2:Postpone content IF IT`S NOT EFFIN READY!

3:Have some professional pride for gods sake!

4:Did you learn NOTHING from your postponed release of 3K??? We were all gods damn praising you for making the RIGHT choice for once......Jesus Christ no amount of face palming will be enough to express just how bonkers this situation is........
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    We had this toppic in the past, CA will not change communication since they don't suffer any financial drawback regardless of what they do.

Still, because of the ridicules silence I didn't pre-order Grom. After this low qa I will wait even longer before I buy new content until I can be certain it is decently working.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,541

We had this toppic in the past, CA will not change communication since they don't suffer any financial drawback regardless of what they do.

Still, because of the ridicules silence I didn't pre-order Grom. After this low qa I will wait even longer before I buy new content until I can be certain it is decently working.

That´s basically where i´m at, i´m not buying their products at release anymore, it´s a sad thought that companies exploit their costumers the way CA are beginning to do.

Glorified beta testers for their newly released products, that´s what we are reduced to, it´s disgusting.
    Hahaha.

Why not just delay the dlc until it was in working order?

Glad people are waking up to the nonsense and message that preordering sends.

That's been known for a long time. Though I want them to keep making as much good DLC like this as they can hence why I pre-order. I want to send the message that this stuff sells.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,157
    -If the next DLC contains Skaven you can be sure I'll be pre-ordering.
    -If CA would've held the DLC back at the last moment there would've been an equal backlash.
    -Problems may show up a few days before release and it's not a case you can just release a game or not.. once you press the release button it's almost impossible to stop it.
    -I've played the Grom campaign and really enjoyed it (despite really disliking GS).
    -I'm currently playing Mechanicus and loving it.. the balance of not just relying on a single game saves you from OTT disappointment.